Building Themes in Boundless!

YOUR OPINION MATTERS :muscle: :smiley:

Hi Everyone! To help in shaping the Cuttlepunk’s future plans for 1.0, we are creating this post to share ideas about everyone’s favorite building themes in Boundless. Please feel free to share your ideas below and even perhaps elaborate on them a bit if you’d like to give a better picture.

Thanks for your time!

9 Likes

I’m a big fan of the ancient, mystic, and lost garden thiem first realised in Elopportas. i will add screen shots after work.

10 Likes

I second this. Very fond of Elop Portas. I also gravitate towards builds that keep the natural environment intact as much as possible.

9 Likes

I am a fan of elop portas’ theme too!

3 Likes

Thank red for the post! One of my favorite themes is wood, viking style/Nordic.

5 Likes

I would say medieval in general is just great, like wood framed houses and stuff, with a hint of fantasy.

5 Likes

I’m actually gonna do something dark and sinister and spiky-looking post-launch. I’ve seen a lot of “lore-ish” stuff that I really liked, but nothing that I ever felt looked downright menacing.

2 Likes

I like underground dwarven types of builds. . especially once we get Lava buckets!!

13 Likes

I can’t wait to see your finished main base, Kal.
With inspiration like that^ and from what I’ve seen of yours, it’s gonna be killer.

1 Like

i don’t know if anyone has heard of the illustrator Rodney Matthews but I think his work is perfect for Boundless.

14 Likes

Mystic, epic terraforming style kinda eh?

1 Like

This

13 Likes

I got a few books with his paintings, allways loved them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too :smiley:

yes that is amazing

1 Like

I really like the idea of having a vertical settlement, but it would be difficult with vertical plot reservation. 1 player with a single beacon would control a whole column. I was hoping the coloured beacons would resolve that, but It’s not possible to stack them :thinking:

4 Likes

yea that sucks, makes the whole idea harder to do

2 Likes

I can sign all of the styles mentioned above!
I love them all (esp. elop portas and viking), can’t wait for 1.0 with this outlook into future builds!

@KKBell this is pretty amazing! are you going for something like that with 1.0?

The style of my first big 1.0 build will be this:

(speaking of ancient, mystic lost garden :blush:)

9 Likes

Kind of where I was going with this build. Will probably not get the gardens in before the wipe

7 Likes

@Kal-El Amazing!
I have to visit before the wipe inaccessible preservation. :kissing_smiling_eyes: :notes:

2 Likes