Building Tips (a place to share + steal)

more of a suggestion for mall owners.
instead a hole in the ground why not make the available plots into a construction site ?
it is dirt cheap and these 2 plots took me 4 and a half minutes

20 Likes

Gotta love them crates(refined ancient wood).:+1: I scatter them around as filler.

5 Likes

or you can cover them with a tarp (concrete), if they are in a big pile, mix a few twisted timber for variety, and if you feel extra fancy, add individual machine blocks.
Gotta love, as you so rightfully said, them cra-, as you pointed out, -tes.

9 Likes

Looks awesome, but
A. Most players toss a regen bomb to start building their space bc they want a blank slate
B. Because we arenā€™t online 24/7 to catch the spaces when they go out, so they are beaconed by someone else & we canā€™t do anything with the space

(wishing for merchant/commerce beacons that could be shared/leased)

4 Likes

A: no problem, the coin loss is minimal, and of course they should remove it ( with a bomb or manually ( with the option to return the materials to the mall for coin)) or if the mall owner keeps the spots as separate beacons (small malls), they could reclaim when releasing the plots, either way the plots will briefly be wild and removal of the clutter is not an issue. it would be explicitly said somewhere that the boxes are just a placeholder and the shop owner is free to do whatever they want with them.
B: if the spot gets free and immediately plotted by another player, then there is no need for the placeholder. this idea is more for when a fresh mall expansion is built, or if a spot stays unclaimed for a longer while, sometimes causing an eyesore (hole, wild bits of trees, plotted decay ash) of course only works if the mall owner keeps the available spots plotted (when possible) and releases them personally to the new owner.

it would give the mall a theme, rather than an unfinished look in my opinion (other option would be having the possibility of walls around the shops, as you got at Gyosha)

3 Likes

:+1: There are some malls/markets that retain control of their spaces and this would def work for them.

tbh the main reason I try to put up little barriers or partial walls is because weā€™re over water (so ppl donā€™t fall in) & because itā€™s a T3 with creatures that can attack players. It was also a way to let ppl know quickly/visually that the space wasnā€™t a shop at the moment. A lot of ppl said they felt that those spaces were ff traps - when they were simply under construction or belonged to more casual players ā€“ no malicious intent by the merchants.

When we get blueprints, it will be great to make some themed plots that can be pasted into vacant spaces. Iā€™d def do that :blush:

4 Likes

Blueprints?!?! This sounds amazing!! Something tells me our dreams for this game are much larger than the devs are willing to put out. xD

2 Likes

They said it :wink:

Now youā€™re just teasing me.

1 Like

OMG! I would sooooo love to be able to drop a building via blueprint & then work it over.

2 Likes

Time saved on those ā€œmovingā€ ideas.

2 Likes

In Landmark, blueprints were amazing. There were a fewā€¦challenges. if you did any terrain landscaping, that saved as well. And of course you had to tweak for terrain height differences, but whoooo careeeessss!

5 Likes

I have to look this up, voxel open world survival crafting type games are my favrit but Iā€™ve never gotten Tetrasolgy to install on my mac.

Landmark died a sad death a few years ago, and went offlline. Just as the servers shut down I flung myself off a tall towerā€¦

1 Like

what emoji is the power bars? image

2 Likes

uppercase ā€˜iā€™ turned 90 deg, colored

5 Likes

You can use an i or thereā€™s a symbol as well. Turned 90 degrees as Apt said.

1 Like

Oh, i get it i completely forgot about color codes, i was looking for emojis with those colos

1 Like

it give no emoji for this.

i just created a emoji list with all emoji here

the charts are the id 505,506 and the only colored bar is 507

but like the other just said you can use the i and color it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

omg thank you so much i didnt know there were boundless specific ones

2 Likes