Building Tips (a place to share + steal)

Take it up one notch …
… true hybrid wood-steel spiral columns
Again, I’m just using a plain silver chisel :grinning:

13 Likes

if you change it a bit and add some pieces you get nice spiral stairs ^^

1 Like

Have you tried replacing the twisted timber behind the water (the white) with Glass (also white).

I think that might work. If you chisel the glas the same as the timber.

As the strong viridian will than be able to bleed trough the glass and might make it “deeper” looking.

That said try it at one segment :wink:. As I am not sure it will work.

An other suggestion means making the walls fatter adding an extra layer or two.:wink:

1 Like

ye could work…
i changed soil to gleam and it made it pop out more. needed some light anyways. thx tough!

1 Like

Just saw screenshots in “post it :wink:” looks cool at night tough.

Can also try azure raw gleam behind the water

1 Like

At the special request of @Buugi I added some blocks
… And now it has become a spiral staircase :grinning: :+1:

11 Likes

can confirm, your windows work very well @Ovis

and another thing I’d like to add:
ice as a metal alternative ( in this case copper (hot sepia))
and marble border (properly rotated) for pipes (doesn’t work as bevelled lattice though)

26 Likes

Okay, I have a request for this thread.

I keep seeing people with a single little gleam crystal that appears for be floating in the middle of the cube space. It looks like they are dividing the block 3X3X3, but everything I can find says it’s only chiselable 2X2X2, so what am I missing?

I can get a screenshot if I’m not describing well.

It’s the lattice chisel.
I can get some screenshots to explain it in a couple of minutes

2 Likes

Oh god thank you, I was going insane trying to figure it out! I’ll go hunt down something with that forge asap and play with it, thank you!

1 Like

you can find some at my shop on Antar VI (TNT megahub, Antar planet gate, then follow the path out of the portal hub to the main building) I make them out of stone, so they’re cheap and color coded (it won’t chisel titanium and gems, but it is good enough for every day use :slight_smile:

3 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you, @PrincessMaude. Between that and the dev video from the release of it, I think I understand. You’re awesome!

@Apt, I’ll probably come grab some some time today, thank you for the directions to your shop!

2 Likes

Can you share build location? Please.

That looks insane bro :ok_hand:

1 Like

TNT -> Dub-T -> exit the building, turn left

2 Likes

Here’s a website I use for emojis that someone posted when they were released.

https://emojipedia.org/

It’s pretty awesome for getting the codes.

5 Likes

I place petrolim behind water and that gives back the old water effect. Works perfectly for secret passages

4 Likes

use a lattice chisel to make a small potted tree

15 Likes