Building Tips (a place to share + steal)

I have been trying to match metals with other materials to find what color the metals are

Gold seems to match up pretty well with color 222- vivid mustard

The closest I have found for silver is color 232 - stale cerulean

Still working on the other metals. But if anyone already knows that would be great

20 Likes

as for ‘golden’ gleam, mustard works very well

13 Likes

That’s perfect. Though now that I look there’s no perm or exo that has had vivid mustard rock.

4 Likes

then lets hope we get lucking on the sovereign world roulette wheel :game_die: :game_die:

5 Likes

Niiice I like this, very useful :ok_hand:

I got the idea for the bookcases from @georgegroeg (thanks). What I did not know is that stacking different doors they open separately.

edit:

Finished library

12 Likes

Mr Ikea himself! Yeh they don’t, but you can do multiple colours (which is the opposite of the goal here lol)

3 Likes

speaking of furniture… an example of decorative use of shelf storage blocks

14 Likes

A wooden beam looks great for this too : ) even has a little ‘branch’ about halfway up

5 Likes

could be an issue outside when draw distance for meshes is low (probs best not to use a mesh as a pot either in that case) but for interior plants I’d go for the beam

beam + pole work nice together if you don’t mind the light green bits

a pot alternative for when you want it to be seen from far away ( dirt blocks same color as signs)

16 Likes

Bbq grill

29 Likes

Beams deproc from absurdly close on PS4. Like 6 plots away.

1 Like

something I find mildly interesting (and somewhat related) is that glass sign modules don’t go away at all
(the 2 dots are glass signs)

yea… not sure what to do with this information, but some of us do weird stuff whilst waiting for the update :smiley:

7 Likes

Trying to match colors to metals

Copper seems to be closest to Warm Red

Iron seems to be closets to Dark Grey

So far unsuccessful at matching titanium. The closest I have come is a shade of violet

14 Likes

Have you checked with Ashen red? Seems very close to me

10 Likes

I typically use glass pains as railing or banisters

I think you are right. I tried the ashen red (center set) and it seems the closest. I thought it would be the violets or the fuchsias. Thanks

11 Likes

did you test this in different atmospheres ? the metals aren’t too friendly with color lights…

3 Likes

No I did not. I was on a tier one on test. It seemed to have the truest lighting for most of the tests I have been running.

1 Like

I thought that T2 has light closest to white… T1 seems a bit warm / brown