Building Tips (a place to share + steal)

Is there any way to tell for sure? I cannot find anything in the debug to give any information on the color of the planets light.

if u want u can come to my city i have a building with all 255 colours of stones if u want to check more (gleambow museum on gloviatosa from the portals the left building

2 Likes

The Smelly Couch is a great spot for building ideas. A lot more has been added since that Video. Now have @Apt and @Ovis putting in some sweet designs. And way more to come.

@BoundlessBlitz
I’m going to have to add a grill designs. Nicely done. :ok_hand:

11 Likes

scratch that. just looked at some grey concrete, they appear to be the same on both tiers. must’ve visited around dawn / dusk when I thought it was brown. I’m not the most observant guy :smiley:

1 Like

As a new-ish player, I can’t tell you how helpful this thread is! Keep 'em coming!

8 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Easy matching for metal colours- make a beacon and plop down the colour-unknown stuffs you want to figure out. Leave it for a few days, then reclaim the beacon. Ash colours should very closely resemble original block colours :wink:

9 Likes

Great idea, That would have taken a lot less time. I need to remember ashing the next time.

3 Likes

A few more things have been added to the Smelly Couch showroom.

Dinosaur fossils.

18 Likes

I just visited The Smelly Couch and OMFG. I hope it’s ok that I’m going to steal LIBERALLY.

6 Likes

YES!!! That is what it’s for. Use any and every idea you like. :grin:

6 Likes

more of a suggestion for mall owners.
instead a hole in the ground why not make the available plots into a construction site ?
it is dirt cheap and these 2 plots took me 4 and a half minutes

20 Likes

Gotta love them crates(refined ancient wood).:+1: I scatter them around as filler.

5 Likes

or you can cover them with a tarp (concrete), if they are in a big pile, mix a few twisted timber for variety, and if you feel extra fancy, add individual machine blocks.
Gotta love, as you so rightfully said, them cra-, as you pointed out, -tes.

9 Likes

Looks awesome, but
A. Most players toss a regen bomb to start building their space bc they want a blank slate
B. Because we aren’t online 24/7 to catch the spaces when they go out, so they are beaconed by someone else & we can’t do anything with the space

(wishing for merchant/commerce beacons that could be shared/leased)

4 Likes

A: no problem, the coin loss is minimal, and of course they should remove it ( with a bomb or manually ( with the option to return the materials to the mall for coin)) or if the mall owner keeps the spots as separate beacons (small malls), they could reclaim when releasing the plots, either way the plots will briefly be wild and removal of the clutter is not an issue. it would be explicitly said somewhere that the boxes are just a placeholder and the shop owner is free to do whatever they want with them.
B: if the spot gets free and immediately plotted by another player, then there is no need for the placeholder. this idea is more for when a fresh mall expansion is built, or if a spot stays unclaimed for a longer while, sometimes causing an eyesore (hole, wild bits of trees, plotted decay ash) of course only works if the mall owner keeps the available spots plotted (when possible) and releases them personally to the new owner.

it would give the mall a theme, rather than an unfinished look in my opinion (other option would be having the possibility of walls around the shops, as you got at Gyosha)

3 Likes

:+1: There are some malls/markets that retain control of their spaces and this would def work for them.

tbh the main reason I try to put up little barriers or partial walls is because we’re over water (so ppl don’t fall in) & because it’s a T3 with creatures that can attack players. It was also a way to let ppl know quickly/visually that the space wasn’t a shop at the moment. A lot of ppl said they felt that those spaces were ff traps - when they were simply under construction or belonged to more casual players – no malicious intent by the merchants.

When we get blueprints, it will be great to make some themed plots that can be pasted into vacant spaces. I’d def do that :blush:

4 Likes

Blueprints?!?! This sounds amazing!! Something tells me our dreams for this game are much larger than the devs are willing to put out. xD

2 Likes

They said it :wink:

Now you’re just teasing me.

1 Like