Building - what you think stops you

@Solgato I should flag you just because you said that :rofl:

3 Likes

Same goes for those that love foggy weather :wink:.

1 Like

@Tmmk FLAG!! FLAG!!! lol I hate that pesky foggy weather!! lol

1 Like

Great thing about everything turning white around you helps you identify the holes around you when your building

Great thing about fog is it helps you identify building with glass in the Darkness especially Black glass

Rain I like cause it calming on a rough day

4 Likes

If you’re on PC, you can go in the settings and turn the weather visuals off.

Edit: I meant to say you can go into the file settings for the json file named weather and change the data. But remember to keep a copy of the original file just in case.

1 Like

Wait, what?

2 Likes

:heavy_plus_sign: :one:

I’d wondered if it was in the post I’d bookmarked “Small UI Mods” … alas … :weary:

Still … that compass point mod might literally save your life in game. :+1:

@Nightstar … this could be it … I’ve just been scrolling Modding

EDIT - Hmm. This could possibly be game breaking. I wish I could isolate what it is.

1 Like

Here is the relevant forum post.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry if that was unclear but there is no place to just “go into the settings and turn weather effects off”.

Yes if you’re on PC, you can mod your installation to get rid of most of it. Maybe. Probably.

Anyways you can always revert the files :rofl:

There’s no need to be looking in settings, there’s nothing useful in there about the weather. Or foliage, or grass really. They’ve made it so “If you’re on PC” the settings basically have the same (lack of) effect as the PS4.

1 Like

I heard from a good source that a player was friends with the developer. As a matter of fact the player even sent the developer an awesome gift for the holidays. A few months later the developer deleted hundreds of hours of the players work without a warning. Just poof- it was gone and followed up by a unipersonal generic message. The player’s questions were never responded to. I hope I heard wrong because that just seems cold hearted and doesn’t make me want to build

1 Like

I think you’re referring to the reclaim of the unused roads around DK mall - if so, those roads were in violation of the plot compactness system.

In the initial thread about that, some players explained that it isn’t possible to be in violation like that without getting warnings from the game that you are in violation of the system, and as long as you aren’t splitting up your plotting to bypass compactness, there is little precedent for this happening.

1 Like

Don’t spread this kind of stuff … it isn’t a good look on anyone.

2 Likes

Ehhh, there’s a bunch of stories like that. Though maybe not so many who made a public point of gifting the developers something …

It’s no matter, the ones where I knew people, I’ve been both surprised at some of what has been removed, and surprised that some things took so long to be removed.

There’s always at least two other sides to any enforcement story. And that’s just assuming everybody involved is being (relatively) honest.

Anyways generally some active moderation is, overall, a good sign for the health of a game. Vague assertions and implications aside, I don’t think this really discourages more than a minority from playing.

3 Likes

I mean in real life, not in the game! ;D

1 Like

This is the gold standard for good journalism too, though I make it “always more than two”. <3

I used to try to follow a rigid idea for my builds but now, with the exception of 2, i go off of loose outlines and build freely which makes me happier.

2 Likes

This is how I operate mostly … it’s so much fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My stoppage is the quest for an unavailable color.

Oh and starting multiple builds and working on all of em at the same time

4 Likes

Time, always time, there’s just too little of it. I need a daily time bubble of say 3-4 hours where I can play Boundless. Outside of the time bubble time is still and does not advance!

2 Likes