Bundled packaging of items for shop owners

It becomes increasingly difficult to compete and differentiate as a store owner in the current environment. Price alone should not be the only differentiator. Two ideas come to mind to help with this:

1. I’d like to see the ability to bundle items together as a way to help stand out from the competition.
  2. Allow for optional pricing strategies such as buy 1, get one free. Or buy 2, get the 3rd for half off.

By doing so, we, as shop owners, can create more value and avoid competing on price alone. Which, as we all know, is often a race to the bottom.

10 Likes

I don’t know about the buy 1, get one free. But I would love to see bundles, so we can sell more for cheap. We can only sell items ‘X Per 1 Item’, so Wood will always cost 1 each, so the lowest 500 wood would cost, is 500c.

But with bundles, it would allow people to set prices like 500 wood costing 50c. It would help make cheaper items like wood, stone, seeds, and other very very common items farmed in bulk across all worlds, much more cheaper priced to sell at.

Of course, that is also going to make it much more harder to farm and sell those items too.

5 Likes

I like the idea; an energizing loaf, a healing brew and 5 cooked yams together for 1 price; come get your h@ppy me@ls :blush:

Edit- would sell a smart stack of free flint with every forged tool/weapon… Because if you want to wield that kind of power, you should have to deal with the flint.

5 Likes

+1 for bundles

Buy my brew and I give you 20 flints for free! Irresistable offer!

3 Likes

I think that bundling will solve another problem too.
Bundles will allow for delivery of goods more easily.
still waiting for a mailbox block
Players could set up a request basket accepting bundles. And TA DA!
Mailbox!

1 Like

+1 for a novel solution to a multitude of situations. I’ve always hand-traded this sort of thing, but that’s not a convenient solution for big shop keeping.

1 Like

i like this idea.

maybe i dont want to sit down on 3 refined rocks, so i could just sell stacks of 25 for 100 each stack or something.

Also allows for fun things, like World material bundles. With a stack of each stone, wood and dirt. Or whatever.

1 Like

Yep anything could be possible

Great ideas. Also a discount that can be applied for a set time and then price returns to full once set time expires.

Also mining packages for speciffic planets… aoe+pies+brews+loaded atlas

1 Like

Careful, if we call flint worthless they’ll start adding it to recipes, like teaching pie and sticks.

2 Likes

I like the bundles. “The AoE forging mats pack”

that wouldbe awesome

uhm… bump. Solves the headache of getting people to buy my stuff at low rates so i can coin my baskets at high rates :slight_smile:

the cool thing: with the bundles we can also make the get 1 free

just sell bundles of 2 for the price of one =)
or sell bundles of 11 for the price of 10 so 1 item discount if you buy 10

True, but my main issue is that it would drive the grind up dramatically.

After all, right now, if you go and farm 100k Rocks, as long as you find someone buying rocks, eventually you’ll get 100k out of it at the very least.

But if they have it not only Shop Stands selling in Bulk, but Request Baskets buying in Bulk too, that can cause pricing issues and grinding issues. As what if people decide that since an hour work with a 3x3 Gem Forged Hammer can get you, say, 100k rocks, then it means Rocks are worthless in bulk. So people would only buy 10k Rocks, for 1c.

100k rocks goes from being worth 100k coins, to only worth 10 coins instead. Anything found easily and fast becomes worthless. Items like rocks, and wood are at 1c because it’s the lowest physically possible price. But if Request Baskets can buy in bulk too, that price will drop even lower. And not just on them, but on most resources too.

^ That is my fear. Cause people already have to grind a low just to get enough coins to skip a little bit of doing what they don’t want to do.

People should be able to Sell in Bulk in the Shop Stands, but shouldn’t be able to buy in Bulk, with Request Baskets or otherwise.

+1 I want to be able to buy and sell with freedom. Some things are worth less than one coin, and sometimes it makes sense to bundle. Rocks are only worth 1c a pop if you have a massive variety, they are mud on the shoes otherwise.

I would like this so i could Sell a hammer with a free persisting pie