Buugi appreciation thread

Life cought up with him. As a dedicated father of 4 little ones and other family things going on he decided that boundless was too demanding on his time.

I suspect him to follow from a distance and when boundless has evolved more he will come back. We won’t forget all he did for us but if he will be willing to accept the same huge help he gave us idk.

I will look through the screenshot when I am on my pc again.

17 Likes

I imagine that’s a whole different kind of boundless game in itself.
We’ll all be ready to help him when he does come back .

3 Likes

Ah this upsets me. He was a no BS kinda REAL person that you dont find much these days! Good Luck my friend! You will be missed!

3 Likes

I was on break for a month and forum was first thing I checked when back I missed the drama lol

1 Like

Awwww no! Not the Buugi-Man! I really liked his builds and trees :frowning:

Came to my attention yesterday when 3 plots of road that he owned out of my shop regenned. I then went to discord and got the news. It’s an understatement to say it saddens me when a known, dedicated, old player leaves. Buugi isnt the first sadly. Regenning all builds even hurts more. Part of the identitiy of boundless, imo, are the builds that we got used to seeing around so losing those builds takes away from the creative variety in the game.

I am always pro taking a break and sitting back even if you have to deal with lowering peoples expectations of you (if you have a shop for example). No shame in taking a break. Just dont quit cold turkey but aaah to each his own.

Ill take this chance to announce that personally ive been busy lately so i am barely putting in an hour every couple of days and just trying to keep my shop stocked and beacons lit. Pardon me people i dont want to burn out and i dont want to fully quit :smile:.

5 Likes

I appreciate Buugi he made me the player I currently am no pain no gain! I remember going cardass for the first time as new player not even knowing what I should do when i saw Buugi waving at me and asking me if i need any help with anything. After a bit of a good chat he gave me some hammers and said how about u and me we mine together and we share the gains? It was my first day of laughter enjoyment and the feeling of achievement unlocked! From this day right now I want to thank Buugi for his generosity his kindness and i appreciate him as friend and player.
Thank you buddy from the bottom of my heart!

11 Likes

why full quit? Could have just gone away.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to… i guess he is loving the game way to much, so just stoping it would make him returning and just continueing as before. A total break with deleting everything keeps himself away.
Sometimes the only possible solution.
Look what @Mittekemuis wrote, with this information i can understand his decision fully.

2 Likes

To him since he deleted his characters, if he ends up being able and willing to come back this will be like a new universe to him. Optional wipe as it were.

I will miss Buugi, I know he has a lot of obligations at home and I hope he is well, I always thought that boundless was his escape.

Buugi was one of the names I quickly came to know when I started in boundless. Never got to play with him much, but he was someone I often saw and familiar friendly faces always make me smile.

You know what guys…he would say this is too much drama :grinning:

I say let’s build a tree big ass buugi style at aquatopia. Put storage inside and collect all known colours leaves in there for when he comes back.

It will be greatly appreciated!

20 Likes

Thats a wonderful idea!
I am with you!

1 Like

I plan on replacing his tree in iLLn with a dedication. I was really sad to see it gone… but, this game is fluid. Nothing will be there forever… it’s as if the game is a living, breathing organism. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I love this idea and would love to participate, I’m going to miss the guy and something like this would just blow his mind if he ever gets to come back and find it.

2 Likes

Best of luck @Buugi Until we meet again!

2 Likes

We can put it in his tree on buugi plaza also that’s why I made the thread to make his beard curl up lol gonna look to set it up so people can dispose offerings to his last tree remaining :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Here’s one of my first dealings with The Buug. Taken from the “Community Praise :+1:” thread from months ago:

Never hung out with him in game, but did chat quite a bit on discord. A seriously great guy that one!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words.
And @DKPuncherello im not that old… 29 to be exact… lol.

6 Likes

@Buugi I grew it back out for you. You are very special to me and to this community. You are super solid and I’d always go to bat for you. You are always welcome to sneak back on and hang with me at the mansion. No matter what, blessings upon you.

1 Like

Still you are the grumpy old man in my heart :heart::kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like