C++ Build Bugs & Issues

Non of the foliage or just the old kind in the picture?

I’m not a fan of the excessive use of foliages. I liked the old (pre-graphic update 102) trees (and leaf textures) much more than the current … :frowning:

@james: is there a possibility to get a graphic option for turning off tree foliage at all ?

It´s definitely a good solution to give weaker systems a few more fps but in my case it just ruins the landscape.

Yeah I´m also definitely not a fan of the foliage shown in the picture, the other kind of new foliage looks nice though.

@james

(1280x720 because i windowed B< to use Snipping tool)

@Thorbjorn42gbf
The foliage in the picture is actually the new c++ one.

Yeah sorry it jsut reminds me so much more of the older one because of the leaf form that I keep drawing correlations ^.^

@Heurazio - Yes.

@Vastar - We can likely better balance the LOD steps. Ultimate should really be ultimate!

6 Likes

ulrimate atm is not real a ultimate ^^

I hope I can later watch more far in the distance as at the moment. At the moment is the range of vision still relatively limited. and the lod on ultimate is to near, after a few blocks nearly the most details get lost.

yes the (new) green foliage looks bad. the last version of the leaves looks much better. I want the the first version of the foliage back like @Heurazio it says, but as a seperated block instead as foliage. The new orange and yellow foliage looks real cool, but the green looks bad.

the old and first version like @Heurazio it means

this old version has 1 big advantage, the light was shining throw it, like in the real, so you can build pretty cool things, but it looks more like a colored glass :wink: but i think in the new foliage should the light shining throw.

the newest version on the c++

the green block inside looks not good and

its clipping in other blocks and the block size is nearly 2 because it needs on every side a half block more (i mean only the visible size, not the size of the block itself), please make the blocks smaller

the last version from the java/pre-alpha version (not the c++ XD)

you see no green(colored) box inside the foliage, or i did not see it because it had a higher density of the foliage.

@james is it possible to make the foliage like in the first version that the light shining throw it but with the the design from the java version and a bit smaller that it need only 1 block size ?

i want not set graphic lower because the foliage, or set the detail lower or disable the foliage like @Heurazio it means, i love to set all on max i love to see nice details and i love a vision with a far range.

5 Likes

I’m ok with waiting, I have my wife’s computer to play on! I did however send the only log that I could find.

Wow, now I want the old foliage back even more :worried:

This would indeed be awesome :heart:

2 Likes

One reason the leave blocks are not transparent anymore is because of performance.
Maybe with the C++ update they could make them transparent again. But I’d rather see something else take up those resources than leave transparency^^

TBH I think that leave-transparency is a pretty important topic. It´s a pretty awesome feature for building (hiding lightsources inside of foliage while building a treehouse was plain awesome) and it also was something that made B< unique (among other things).

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that we’ll get transparent foliage back, for performance reasons:

2 Likes

Well, I don’t think it’s an important topic^^
I mean sure it’s a topic which should (and was) discussed. But not an important one (other than the important performance implications).

1 Like

While running Black Desert in the background, my mouse cursor does not staying anchored within the game screen. This is happening on full screen and windowed mode. If i scroll too far to one side or the other my mouse click will be “outside” the game. Not sure if this is a problem with Boundless or Black Desert.

Intel i7-4790k
Nvidia GTX 760 w/ three monitors

P.S. Not sure I can live without my afk fishing. :wink:

Had similar issues with CS:GO running in background. The easiest solution is to quit your second game but as you said … sometimes things need to run in background :smiley:

PS: I have this problem with a lot of games (eg. Ashes of the Singularity(AotS) + Boundless, AotS + CS:GO, CS:GO + Kerbal Space Program) therefore I had no worries till now

Can confirm the issue stops once BDO is closed.

Thanks @KKBell , we got your log. We are looking into this now.

1 Like

Everything we’ve release + shared publicly is still a work in progress. So this is good feedback for us to consider.

I have noted that some of the leaf blocks are incorrectly configured at the moment. Whilst the blocks themselves are solid (as in the JS version of the game) for performance reasons, they should still allow light to pass through. This means the ground under trees shouldn’t be in darkness. One of the leaf blocks has this transparency set to 0 (totally opaque). We’ll fix this in a future update. Once fixed this would allow you to hide light sources in leaf blocks again.

5 Likes

this makes no performance problems

yes thats the ground why this game is early access, so every thing can changed during this time.

That’s what I have hoped that you can do anything with the feedback

i love the last sentence ^^ i will be happy if i can hide the light source behind the leaf again like in the first version.

@ james
is it also possible to get the white lanterns back ? i love the white light, it look much more better as the yellow light from the yellow lantern or from the torch.

2 Likes

Of course it does. It was the reason they changed it in the first place.

James even said it in the post you quoted.

1 Like

in the js version it makes problems yes, but i think later in v1.0 it should make no problems