Call me crazy

You is Cray cray😉

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s more they are busy prioritizing other content. We’re really behind on the expected content and I bet that the creative mode is a huge undertaking.

But here’s to hoping this idea gets more traction once the higher priorities are addressed.

Would love that a machine that changes the block type. Don’t even mind if i have to drop changing chisels in to the machine.

2 Likes

I agree… change chisel fuel would be kinda cool. hiding from the fallout for that statement

2 Likes

I may be the outlier here, but I thought this was a long term MMO type game? I see many in forum topics always say “for QOL” purposes, but I feel many ideas for changes in certain game functions or mechanics somewhat break the purpose of the MMO and the grind or challenges that come with these games.

I’m all for ease of use here and there don’t get me wrong, but this game should have challenges or struggles to achieve certain goals or milestones. I like the idea that currently people have to work harder to have or do specific things to accomplish their overall goals. It also then shows the community that you most likely put in real efforts to get the desired result which is pleasing or rewarding in itself is it not?

Not trying to cause issue here haha. Just a real opinion on this that may offer a different perspective.

7 Likes

Funny this topic came up today and I was going to start a related suggestion thread.

I would love to see two other new desirable blocks based on the other base rock types. So for example meta makes marble, sedi makes maat composite and igni makes laminate tiles. This would be a fun interchange of receipt arcs.

5 Likes

This is a very unpopular concept here. Another common trigger is “I like the concept of color scarcity”.

5 Likes

This is a very unpopular concept here. Another common trigger is “I like the concept of color scarcity”.
[/quote]

Well here’s another unpopular concept then haha. If you want the MMO game to be like a creative mode game, wait for creative mode to be released, then go and create with everything handed to you on a silver platter from the start with zero efforts as much as your heart desires. Otherwise, welcome to a game that requires some efforts to be made. It can’t all be QOL, QOL, QOL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:

2 Likes

Honestly I would prefer a new type of thing to strive for. Waiting for a specific color to appear on an exo with this algorithm isn’t a challenge or goal for me. Some people are holding onto color scarcity for the simple reason that we don’t have a better challenge worth chasing. Usually it just results in me and likely other people settling for colors close to the color we actually want and being unsatisfied with the build because of it. Boy do I get excited seeing another white gleam exo :yawning_face:

5 Likes

This will eventually all come in time when future updates incorporate more gameplay mechanics and open the world’s even more for the various things people enjoy doing, or hope to do one day. It will all come! Haha

It may be unpopular with some, but I don’t disagree with you. I like the grind… I like the feeling of accomplishment and having something that took work to get. I understand not all people feel that way, but it doesn’t mean a portion of the community that finds enjoyment that way can’t express themselves.

4 Likes

Yes!! Me too and I even go a bit crazy some days or sessions when I’m focused on one task the whole time just to get that little goal achieved in the end. But it’s a feel good and one I worked for to get. If many things in this game were just effortless or dulled down, what’s the point?

Lol… I made the QOL. It’s has to do with placing 1000s of block and standing for hours with peat and repeat. Personally I love to grind, but even for me a change chisel constantly for that is alittle over done without reward for that much time. There are still loads of rewards in game for putting in time for fun.

Again just a personal opinion.

2 Likes

This may be true in this case surely. And your opinions are always all good! I’m just of the belief for myself that if I disagree with something, I won’t just stay quiet :stuck_out_tongue: I will share my thoughts just the same even if it may sound harsh at times… never trying to personally attack anyone obviously.

2 Likes

You crazy! (Just read the title) :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I do the same, all good. Different points help make the forum and game better and more interesting. Not taken as an attack by me. Besides I’d have to just concentrate on work if there’s nothing interesting here!! Lol

2 Likes

I think many have differing opinions of how to classify effort. Some see it as engaging gameplay to overcome and others see it more as time spent on a project. I’m in the first group and seperate effort and time. Boundless has a lot of relaxing grind. I do love me a good grind, but it lacks real engaging content. Its one of the reasons building does so well. Its as challenging as you want because it comes from the player and not the game mechanics.

3 Likes

Ugh…work…me too haha

May even just stay up here on this lift and just read

1 Like

Lol better than being on a scissor lift with 2 guys who want to snort something up their nose all day. I don’t miss the 5 am construction scene. I went to self employment 15 years ago. Although when I take sub jobs in the city I seem to encounter the ■■■■ end of the stick time and time again.

1 Like

Seen that too often. I’m one of those rare tradesmen who doesn’t do that kind of junk. But I hear ya!

2 Likes