Two new building blocks like marble

I should make my own thread for this. If meta makes marble, doesn’t it stand to reason that the other two rock types should parent their own desirable crafted material. Shout out to igneous and sedimentary!!!

11 Likes

Agreed! And there was a thread suggesting exactly this at one point, I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like

A few ideas here - :slight_smile:

Sedimentary - Sandstone. Recipe combines sedimentary with sand for a banded effect, or with metal for a sparkling one.
Igneous - Granite. Combine with metal or gems in a recipe for the mottled, polished look it has.

9 Likes

I guess the thread I was recalling wasn’t as detailed as I’d thought but you can see the suggestions I put in there, possibly off-track a bit, nevertheless they work here!

2 Likes

Yup this is what i thought also when it was mentioned, at this time the only use for them is to turn them into meta to turn into marble for colors that dont exist in meta.

3 Likes

Agreed. But they actual did have similar block functions before recipes were changed. I don’t recall if there was an indication that new recipes would be added for the other 2 types of blocks that were changed. Maybe we can find it in the release notes.

Hope that’s something in the future though. Can never have enough variety of blocks :grin:

1 Like

You should just be able to make marble blocks out of metamorphic, not_marble_but_looks_exactly_the_same1 out of igneous, and not_marble_but_looks_exactly_the_same2 out of sedimentary.

Or add an alchemy bench that transforms stacks of blocks over a period of time, even if it is only 100. Then have an advanced alchemy bench that can hold more.

+100000000

2 Likes

Can we have a FLINT block too that we can spray or add colour with stone or gleam

1 Like

I like the sedi rocks but want one smoother, without the cracks in it.