Calling All Music Performers/Artists/DJs/Hobbyists! Boundless Music/Dance Party Event [Coming Soon]

Want to DJ for DK’s Drag Race this weekend? Maybe you could stream audio on either YouTube or discord. You could also MC if you want for the race

1 Like

Aww man, that would be awesome if it weren’t for the fact that I am going camping this weekend… Thanks for the offer! Maybe another time?

1 Like

5 Likes

That is amazing!!! Is that sped up or is that actually how fast it is in-game? Because that would be PERFECT!!!

1 Like

It looks kinda fast in the gif but it shouldn’t be sped up. Either way, I know LED’s tick at 120bpm which I believe is about average for EDM?

LED’s have 4 ticks on a 2 second loop. Unfortunately for a song at 120bpm, if you actually wanted to make it [relatively] appear synchronized you’d need both the 1st and 3rd tick to emulate the kick beats and both the 2nd and 4th for the snares.

My general tempo range (old school/lo-fi hip hop) is 80-90 so if/when I make a beat to sync with the LED’s I’ll go with 60bpm, where the 4 LED ticks would emulate a kick-hat-snare-hat loop.

1 Like

Yeah, most of the stuff I listen to is closer to 128bpm, but 120bpm should be fine.

Thanks for doing that math for me! (lol) I’ll have to try working on some stuff like that. I just wish Boundless had some sort of electricity component with different mechanisms and switches and things that could be used to make more precise patterns or LED flashes, since a 4-step pattern is kinda a sad limitation.

1 Like