Can I get a clarification of rules here?

Common sense would dictate what you say as correct BUT it is not going this way in practice. Thats why I need official response for clarification.

2 Likes

You have rec’d official responses from a dev. If you need assistance with a specific situation, you’ll have to contact support@playboundless.com .

3 Likes

how is encroaching defined?

2 Likes

It really hasnt. No I dont have a personal or specific situation. Its just never been clarified by the new management. I want to be sure before I spend hundreds of hours on a build wether it can be removed if someone complains because they may have a personal issue or not.

2 Likes

Exactly that too!

3 Likes

ok well I tried

1 Like

Just wanted to say! Please give us the definition. No nitpicking here but my mother language isnt even english. And my translator spits out several words that have different meanings.

One shouldnt limit someones beacon, i understand with that, dont hinder people from all sides to expand. Exception would be malls and other city layouts or building competition.
One thing would be not to physically block someones entrance for example with a sky high wall or lava. I mean common sense.

But it could mean a lot of different things too. Like if someone gives me permission in their beacon, i could do whatever the permission allows me. And that person that hands out permissions lives with that risk. Otherwise i cant imagine how to “encroach” someones beacon?
:thinking:

But i see no rule about, that youre not allowed to connect to someone without their knowing or permission. That had been done by a LOT of players. Small settlements/outposts from people that are not active anymore would be absorbed into someone elses city.

I dont see a rule about long roads that are separated into several beacons. Thats what i heard is against the TOS. I cant find the paragraph.

Wheres the paragraph about compactness rules?

I think there need to be more boudless specific rules stated on the forum. Not only forum. It should be in the game. Many people never even glance at the forum nor should they have to! Just in order to know the rules. They should be clearly stated in game.

2 Likes

You don’t need a dev to explain that the only rules fall under “griefing”. There are no other plotting rules. Cleo said everything you need to know in the first two comments.

Plot reservations aren’t a rule, they’re a mechanic. If plots are reserved, they can’t be claimed by anyone else. No rules involved there, just count them as plotted or ask the owner about them.

Viceroy means nothing, man, erase the word from the game and nothing changes. It very much sounds like you’re referring to something specific.

Public worlds are free and pure competition. Of course you’re going to run into individuals who want more control of the circumstances, as we’re all adult human beings. Sovereigns were created for those who aren’t into it- there’s an outlet for them. If two adults can’t come to terms on a conflict in a game where there are currently more public worlds than players, that’s just sad and incredibly shortsighted.

This is one of the only online games in existence that doesn’t stifle our freedom and individuality. I cherish it like no other game. And as the owner of a public settlement with its fair share of redundant beacons, I do as I must: Wait patiently and work around it until things change.

6 Likes

Well youve been lucky then Ive been stifled many times even had my acct info given out but thats a whole other story from few years ago. So you see while maybe you have been free and strife free others have not even to this present day so thats exactly why clarity is needed.

1 Like

Viceroy is an Achievement in the game. So it does have some stance if you are trying to get all achievements. That being said if a player does not purchase a sovereign it used to be a more difficult task. Right now there are home worlds that it would not take a lot to do.

2 Likes

If you are that afraid of doing something wrong or that somebody does something wrong to you, then why not have your own Sov. World.

Then you will always be Viceroy and you can decide who builds on your planet.
Lot’s of space on a “small” 3KM planet and no worries about other players.

Also not an issue on your own Sov. World.

If you decide to build on a Home World that is shared with everybody playing Boundless then stick to the simple rules that are in place and if still in doubt then contact support directly. (support@playboundless.com.)

1 Like

Pot meets kettle here lol. How come you didnt? I mean sending in tickets is your way of getting rid of folks is kinda why Im here lol Plus I have several Sovs. This is something every player needs clarification on . Do you tell new ppl that build on your planet to go get a Sov? This is why clarification is needed. TY for your stellar example.This is not name shaming this is facts

If that’s the only way of solving issues then we should erase all home worlds as this seems then clearly a game without rules and people shall just makeup their own rules on their sovereigns. Then we come to subscription playing. And not play for free what the devs goal was.

3 Likes

i feel a thread closure coming up xD

2 Likes

That sounds perfect plus it will contribute funds for developement

1 Like

I am not stating that Sov. Worlds are the magic solution to everything.
I do have several Sov. Worlds and I love them.

But if you play a community game then don’t complain about that community and are ‘over-worried’ about “what could happen”.
If you think something goes wrong on a Home World then simply report it.

Then why worried about spending ‘hundreds of hours on a build wether it can be removed if someone complains because they may have a personal issue or not.’.
Just start your big project there !

1 Like

I dont think I was even looking for your opinion but ty for the contribution. Lovely parting gifts ----> this way.

1 Like

support@playboundless.com

Contacted them already to get answers ?

@Conkuur

i want to get Viceroy archievement, i dont have money to buy SOV, so im limited to home planets, i want to know if im safe to build my settlement on homeworld without being forced to reclaim my beacons becouse ill build somwething bigger and more prestigeous that current Vixceroy who will report me for hostile behavious only becouse he will loose his status

am i free to build at any homeworld to get VICEROY archievmeent???

dont tell me to buy SOV - i cant afford it
i want to become Viceroy at home planet

4 Likes

Sure you are, just do it !

1 Like