Can I get my Sovereign Sky Color changed?

I was hoping I could get used to the color of my planet’s sky, but for months now, and I’m still not comfortable with the daytime sky. The color of yellow orange is making my builds kinds gross colors imo, and I wish there was a way I could make the sky… not so orange. I would rather have some blues or greens.

Any way I could change the color of the sky? It’s a coal planet.
I like the color of Mc Rib, and Refgar (the planets in the known world I am more comfortable with)

As far as I know, sky color is in the game files, not on the server. Every coal world has that same sky.

If you are on PC, you should be able to change the color of all coal skies Boundless\assets\archetypes\lighting\coal_world.json, but I haven’t tried to.

2 Likes

Oooooooo… I am on PC.
I know I can edit my sanctum if I wanted to.
Fancy options. I’ll have a look at that file sometime, replace with metal maybe. Thank you.

1 Like

If it is a Sovereign world (not a Creative world, I am pretty sure you cannot. Sky and water color both come from the game API. And as @Rydralain mentioned, they are tied to world type.

Creative worlds I am pretty sure you can change the color to whatever you want it to be using the World Control (I might be wrong on that, it might be at world creation in the initial Google Form).

2 Likes

When I was first messing with my block colors on my sovereign planet, the sky would change with the colors I chose in the world control. May be worth messing around with some of the colors, especially trunks and leaves, I think that was what changed my sky the most. Not sure if it still works like that or if maybe my sky’s default color was exacerbated by what I chose, but it can’t hurt to try

Quite cool if able to alter colour at a local level but visitors will see the original colour and that might affect the way they see your builds and the colours used.

@Clexarews made a handy list a while back (scroll down a little) for atmosphere colours.

1 Like

So what would happen, for example, if you deleted all the info in the coal world file and copy/paste info from another file, such as lush, and saved it? Would it work like that?

The way i understand it is, any modding done client side would only affect you. Not anyone else visiting. You change textures? They see the original ones…etc.

I’ve successfully copied the lush profile over the sanctum profile, so I anticipate it should work fine for any of the world types.