Compendium of Sovereign World Concerns, Questions, and Answers

I wanted to make this to gather all of the excellent questions people have asked into one place so our questions don’t get lost in giant threads. The goal of this post is purely to gather questions into this post which I am making into a wiki post. This post is NOT intended to be used for discussion of the questions, please use existing threads (or create news ones if need be) for that. As we get answers from the devs to the questions I (or others since it’s a wiki post) will edit this with links to sources for the answers.

Please feel free to add your own topics and questions. I’m just kicking things off.

1. Pricing / World Continuity
  • What is the cost of having a sovereign world?
  • Will billing be on a monthly basis?
  • How many worlds are allowed per user?
  • Are locked worlds stored indefinitely? If not for how long are they kept?
  • Will there be a way to groups to collectively pay or will be payment be from one entity only?
  • Will there be a player cap on sovereign worlds? If so, what?
  1. Sovereign World Configuration
  • Are worlds created through World Builder or another method?
    • World Builder (note to players this has a lot of implications over the level of control we might be able to have).
  • How strict/lax will naming be for sovereign worlds?
  • What sizes of worlds will be available?
  • Will there ever been an option to change the colors on the world after world control finalization?
  • Will T7 profiles be available?
  • Do players have any input over…
  • Will there be previews for all of the above? (esp. biomes, climate, tier)
  • Will there be an option to “reroll” the world if one is really unhappy with the RNG?
  • Once a color is “unlocked” due to an initial palette will it remain that way even if the world is offline/locked?
  1. Gameplay
  • Can events happen on these worlds? (Gleambow and the holidays?)
  • Will there be any control over meteor logic? (For example, spawn rate/enemy type)
  • Will footfall and prestige work like they do on the public worlds?
  • Can goo grow on sovereign worlds?
  • Will there be a possibility of seeing the new liquids on sovereign worlds?
  • Will plots be shared or separate between sovereign and public worlds?
  • What is the limit to the number of sovereign worlds attached to a public planet? Does this mean there is a cap on the number of sovereign worlds available?
  • Does a sovereign world owner have to fuel their beacons?
  • Will achievements be obtainable on these worlds?

Concerns:

References:

1.) Atmosphere colors (from prototype creative mode):

_white

blast_world

blink_world

burn_world

chill_world

coal_world

corro_world

darkmatter_world

halloween_lush_world

lush_world

metal_world

rift_world

shock_world

toxic_world

2.) Profiles

Non Exo Profile List

It should be noted that each number in this list translates to a number 1 higher for what we are used to. In other words, “Tier 4” here is what we call a T5.

• blast_world_profile_tier_4
  • blast_world_profile_tier_5
  • blast_world_profile_tier_6
  • blast_world_profile_tier_7
  • blink_world_profile_tier_6
  • blink_world_profile_tier_7
  • burn_world_profile_tier_4
  • burn_world_profile_tier_5
  • chill_world_profile_tier_4
  • chill_world_profile_tier_5
  • coal_world_profile_tier_2
  • coal_world_profile_tier_3
  • coal_world_profile_tier_4
  • coal_world_profile_tier_5
  • corrosive_world_profile_tier_4
  • corrosive_world_profile_tier_5
  • darkmatter_world_profile_tier_6
  • darkmatter_world_profile_tier_7
  • lush_world_profile_tier_0
  • lush_world_profile_tier_1
  • lush_world_profile_tier_2
  • lush_world_profile_tier_3
  • metal_world_profile_tier_2
  • metal_world_profile_tier_3
  • metal_world_profile_tier_4
  • metal_world_profile_tier_5
  • rift_world_profile_tier_6
  • rift_world_profile_tier_7
  • shock_world_profile_tier_4
  • shock_world_profile_tier_5
  • toxic_world_profile_tier_4
  • toxic_world_profile_tier_5

3.) Biomes can be found here. I think I hit a data limit with all of the pictures.

23 Likes

I’m not sure it if was answered, but it would be good to know if lucent profiles be available to choose?

Some other things to add to the “do players get input into” list (although some of these are ‘nice to haves’ and things I doubt are planned in the near future):
Atmosphere colour selection, or is it based on profile?
Day/night cycle (length of either, so you could potentially have a permanently twilit planet)
Gravity strength
Base Sea level

Added all of these!

To others, feel free to add things yourselves! It’s a wiki post so everyone can edit.

Can events happen?
Can Gleambows fall on these planets?
Will prestige and footfall work the same as they do on permanent worlds?

3 Likes

Added under a new category for gameplay!

1 Like

Can goo grow on a rental world? The new liquids? I was just reminded that those aren’t all tier based…

2 Likes

I wonder if they are going to bake in a way for groups to collectively pay for a planet, or if it is up to individual guild’s leadership to manage collecting and submitting a lump sum.

6 Likes

@AeneaGames added under gameplay.
@Havok40k added under pricing.

also still a wiki post :sweat_smile::laughing:

3 Likes

I would love to know how plots are going to work

Are they shared or separated between private/public?

If they were separated, Is it possible to be given more plots per lvl for your private planets?

1 Like

What tiers will be available?
Can I create a T1?

I think this is answered via the profile question. And I have a question up there about whether or not the T7 profiles will be available.

1 Like

I’ve added a reference section with pictures of all lighting profiles via the creative mode prototype. The color ID of the metamorphic block did not change (it’s an off-whiteish) so all colors are purely from the lighting. Which is crazy on some (chill, darkmatter, and metal for instance)!

Very helpful seeing these atmospheres all at once to help me decide what type of world i want. Thanks :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Can a world be adjusted when ever you want?
As in tired of the color palette for example and want to change it later on?

Or the atmosphere color doesn’t work as intended for your build can it be changed?

Ment as in first we set the complete “color pallet”, but can it be changed after some time (6months) has passed?

Not currently. Once you finalize the pallet then the world is just like a public world. You do not have access to the color changing gui.

1 Like

I hope there will be enough visual description before getting planet that it won’t get issue like with additional skill sets.

It doesn’t look like there will be any visual preview, if that’s what you’re talking about. That’s why I provided the views of the lighting profiles, so people could see them and compare them.

Why there couldn’t be interface with screenshots of different atmosphere profiles before “ordering” planet?

I thought that part hasn’t been yet released anywhere, but stuff like that should be available when there is system for that.
I think players shouldn’t get regrets of choosing wrong atmosphere because of bad item description.

1 Like

You’re asking the wrong person man, I’m not a dev.

All I can do is point you to Luca’s answer here.

It seems all world creation is manual for the devs. Without more answers from them on the questions in OP there’s a lot we just don’t know.

Yeah, it is my concern that there wouldn’t be enough information with planets “choose once regret forever” -options :smiley: Sometimes things haven’t been just represented well on Boundless which has caused misunderstandings.