Compendium of Sovereign World Concerns, Questions, and Answers

Hello all,

It’s been awhile, but I’m very interested in the Sovereign Worlds. I have a couple of questions that I don’t see have been answered.

1. Can you get a waterless, and lavaless planet? Or even the ability to set a percentage? For example, 5% water coverage.
  2. Can you control iron/copper percentages? Basically, non-gem, non-lucent ores.
  3. Can you turn off weather changes, ie. snow from occurring every 5 minutes…in July?

I know there are a lot of people with grandiose ideas about how to make their planets and what should be included, and that’s awesome. I look forward to visiting them. However, I’m just looking for a simple Lush planet, without water and lava, with a couple of biomes (ie, desert, tropical), and a decent spot to mine some basic mats. That’s it. Maybe I’m an simple, old man, but that’s what I would want.

1 Like

Question 3 I already have up there. Question 2 I’m strongly guessing the answer will be no for sovereign worlds. Might be possible with future creative worlds but this would be too OP. Question 1 I will add but based on my world builder experience my guess is no. The way the worlds work it basically adds water or lava anywhere below a certain height level that isn’t a cave. I think not having water at all would be arguably OP as it would mean easier access to caves :frowning:. But like I said, I’ll add it to the list :relaxed:

1 Like

Would like to know if we will be able to adjust the region cool down timer for meteor spawning. Also if can specialize type of mobs more likely to appear by said meteors.

HUNT WORLD!

I know highly unlikely :rofl:

I’m going to guess no and no lol. Both of those sound game-breaking :sweat_smile:. But I’ll add it!

This might be possible with the Survival Mode that is to be introduced along side the Creative Mode.

1 Like

Thanks much for the reply.
Regarding 2. I see your point. Yea, I wouldn’t want to set Iron Resource percentage to 90%. LOL. Although I could totally see that being exploited. Maybe I’d adjust the question to state, more appropriately, if the world is tier 2 or 3 will it have iron/copper resources within the scale of a typical tier 2 or 3.
Sorry I didn’t see 3 was already mentioned.

1 Like

Survival mode? Is this different from public/sovereign world gameplay?

Do you have a link to it?

Have they speculated if/when survival mode comes would it be connected to live?

No they have not , but I would think if you modified a world to have more mobs or tougher mobs then it does not follow the rules of the public universe so it would not be connected. But I could be wrong. Since they have not said very much at all about it this is all supposition on my part.

1 Like

Yeah it would think it would be different like creative mode will be different.

I cannot find a quote, but James has mentioned it to me.

2 Likes

got question can a public world be full off unlimited neigboring rentals in the sky is there a limit
to it just checking if all rentals hover around same public world would be anoying if it lags cuase sky is full off orbs to render lol

I thought there was a limit to only rendering 10 planets in the sky. Probably for the reason you stated.

ah so if a planet allready has 3publics rendered theres room for 7 more kinda t hing
this means theres a limit to rental worlds hahahaha
better be fast then :joy:
:thinking:our you can put ya rentals around ya rentals?
there also need be room kept for normal worlds to expand if full

1 Like

Good questions, added under the “gameplay” category.

I am trying to find a quote to be sure and not being successful.

However, if you are not able to access a rental planet you will not see it in the sky. What you can see and what is out there are two different things. So we have 50 planets but you will never see them all from any single planet.

so you think if all rental worlds link to lets say beckon they can
cuase if they dont i have new question what if one goes inactive and new gets made
what happens when that one wonna return does it a universe shift :smiley:

EDIT
ow your render limit means there can be 15 planets it will just select 10 and render them

@Clexarews could ya add another question
what about oortian backers free public world
will they get a sovereign world our something diferent

I know this is not for replies, but…
I don’t think Sovereign worlds have all the features/customizations that Oortian backers were suppose to get. I think those will need the creative world features that they are still working on (could be wrong).

I think you’re talking about the rewards for Masters and Oortians? It was to design a public world.

1 Like

Might be a more creative world, or not connected to public universe world, thing…

I am still hoping somewhere in the future, when creative mode has been expanded upon as well and when one can rent one of those too, they come up with a way we can move between classes of planets but with a lot of restrictions, locked inventories and such.

Would love to take a look at someone’s creative world builds without having to jump thru hoops! And if they allow to make more interactive content would be nice if our normal chars can do that content but again with locked contents (add in my idea of a voucher, blabla, search if not familiar, haha)…

Sooooo much potential with rentals and creative and modding it’s crazy!

They said it will follow regular resource generation and resource percentages as with public worlds. Wanting to change such things steps into the ‘changing the rules’ area which will need a creative world or at least a not connected to public universe world…