Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Same problem as when the real world is down. We should just have the ability to place a new landing zone from sanctum in these cases.

1 Like

It’s also how the game can determine prestige, it uses a higher prestige number if the block is from a colour not on the world you’re placing it on (ie. it’s not 0 so it’s from another planet)…

But am not 100% sure when the game assigns the actual colour number, it makes sense they have to before (or during) you take it to another planet otherwise it would lose it’s colour and we know that’s not the case (losing colour)…

Together with this my understanding of the system is this:

1. When the world is created for you, blocks colors are chosen from a random palette available for regular worlds (just the way our regular public worlds were created). Since each palette covers quite a lot of colors, it may result in getting colors that don’t exist in the current universe (for example, you could get the same palette as Boori, but the colors might be different, or they might be the same but applied to different blocks, so let’s say warm red could be the color of sand instead of sedimentary rock). Still, available palettes don’t cover all 255 colors, so some colors will remain exclusive to exo-worlds.
  2. You can customize the initial palette, by changing colors of blocks. However your limitation here is, that you cannot pick any colors from the existing palettes, but only colors that already exist in the universe (public regular worlds and already created public sovereign worlds).

This is how I understand it.
I might be wrong!

2 Likes

The difference is the fairness to those who aren’t paying for rentals and the preservation of some color rarity. Again I know we disagree on color rarity as a whole but my personal opinion is that color rarity is a good thing so I’d want to preserve it in any way possible. I feel that people choosing exactly the palette they want from the get go is the entire issue. Once they’ve spawned randomly and according to the algorithm then yes absolutely have free reign of the color. Make 10 planets with black gleam it’s totally okay. The issue is CHOOSING black gleam from the start without having that color already available to the public. Once it’s spawned it’s free game but before that I feel people shouldn’t get the choice, specifically to preserve some sense of color rarity even if for a short while.

Just my opinions though I know we have vastly different opinions on color rarity but that’s just how I see things here

Well thankfully the devs have decided to not do the thing you dislike, so all is well!

4 Likes

The colours are selected as part of the world generation.

Nope. That control is for setting permissions when you’re on the world.
Currently the public world your private world orbits will be selected automatically.

Currently plots are shared between public and private worlds.

Open to feedback about this.

As configured once a colour is available on a private or public world then it can be selected by others.

6 Likes

I think private worlds should still use plots, otherwise people will all move to their giant private world castles

3 Likes

Late to the party here, but so, so excited!! :star_struck: Can’t wait! Thank you so much devs, you all rock!! :+1:

Thank you to all you who are testing too, will try to share as much as possible and very grateful to see what you all are doing as always!! :slight_smile: (Won’t be able to test myself since I won’t be back on the PC I play on until Monday, PS4 til then)

2 Likes

This is where we need clarification.

I was able to open my world control once, and while I was hovering meta rock colors it got bugged. Now I can’t open it anymore it’s on loading

1 Like

If you restart the client?

1 Like

I’ll try now

1 Like

Restarted but didn’t solve it.

1 Like

holy cow!!! I meant “holy wildstock!!!” :grin:

my sovereign world (t4 lush), called Arbrae-Dorance:

18 Likes

removed the world control and after placing it again now it works.

4 Likes

This is helping with the Menu going in and out

Edit: It did for a minute

Again in loading, I’ll try to reproduce it, not sure what it may causing it

we’re still not able to get into our worlds - showing as “Gamerserver Offline”

I can get into mine. Just restarted several times and didn’t got that error

Oh they’re up? Sweet
Was helping a gaggle of noobs settle in