Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Testing succesfully completed.
4 beacons placed, plotted, and ready for reclaim
Everything worked fine for me now :+1:

2 Likes

I placed 3 new beacons to reclaim later. Slowly start saying good bye to my first ever sovereign world :sob:
I will miss it!
Ready to test reclaiming later tomorrow.

2 Likes

Are the current color selections on the test planets the same ones that we’ll get when rentals go live? If so, there are a lot of colors missing. For example, we’ve seen white rocks on Exos and we have black meta rocks on perm planets already. There are no black or white rock options.

the colors available on testing are based on the worlds that are in the testing universe; for the live universe itll be based on the live worlds.

note that exo worlds are not included here regardless.

7 Likes

Exo world colors won’t be included in the color selection for Sovereign planets when they become available in the live universe?

yes, exo worlds are not included (reasoning in my opinion; if all exo colors were available too, it makes exo worlds less special. same as if all 255 colors were available, it makes goo farming and gleambow and exo worlds (from non-resource point of view) pointless too)

17 Likes

And there we have it.

6 Likes

Ok if that is the decision that is the decision. Saves me some money.

7 Likes

Really appreciate the clarification this information brings coming from the team. I’ll be saving a lot of time, money and headache now. Cheers.

3 Likes

That’s kind of disappointing :pensive:

4 Likes

i understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: good news for those of us in the “enjoy the rarity of colors” camp.

9 Likes

Before people get too sad (or too happy) let’s see how this plays out once we get to live. Whales, this is your time to shine. I’ve seen how much people spend on gacha games. Hopefully we got some of the same types of people here. Color scarcity is :wastebasket:

6 Likes

I just tested my faux rental and I can access it via sanctum & warp with no issues. I changed the colors with no problem.

I blacklisted a player and I was able to take all of their shop stands and items though. I made a video…might post later. Posted. Video showed the player removed the plot 1st.

1 Like

There is always people thar complains and get disappointed on updates.

And there is also people who are happy with them not much we can do about it.

5 Likes

Bless you :raised_hands::pray: you are my new oortgod

4 Likes

One other thing I noticed: blacklisting someone from your planet seems to be 100% permanent. Change of heart/2nd chance not allowed. Even if they’re on your friends’ list. In a way this makes sense, would just like to verify it’s as intended?

1 Like

But then, what happens when enough rental planets finally go through the color spectrum? By that reasoning, how can you ever allow new colors to keep eroding away at these parts of the game?

5 Likes

Based on the data by @Gorillastomp refined here, even after 195ish Exos there are still many color variations that have yet to be seen. So if the rentals follow a similar path, I would think it would take thousands of rentals or maybe more before every color variation is available. While eventually, in theory, it is possible, I think the way it is now means years will go by before that happens.

It was a rhetorical question, really… My point was that either they have to permanently disallow some colors in order to preserve the sanctity of exos and goo, or they have to allow those things to lose their color-exclusive value over any timeline.

The logic doesn’t work. Or they’re being false about this future plan for colors.

3 Likes