Compendium of Sovereign World Concerns, Questions, and Answers

It seems like the devs might have intended for us to be able to interact with individual beacons (I could be wrong). Here was some of that convo where Mr Nix asked the same question… (I haven’t been able to verify/re-test it yet)

3 Likes

As most gleam colors are already limited to a specific world, I do not see why the gleam color for a Sovereign World shouldn’t remain exclusive if someone manages to RNG a new color. At least for the first 6 months/year. With the number of people playing merchants, why shouldn’t they have a chance of monopolizing a color? I’m fairly certain we’ll see several planets duplicating Public colors that never actually spawn. The chance of an exclusive is more incentive for someone to rent one in the first place.
Just my 2 cents.

Besides in-game economic reasons and flaunting the fact they’ve got deeper pockets, why should someone be able to monopolize a color?

3 Likes

For the same reason patents and trademarks exist. To have something unique for a set period of time. Frankly, I don’t care about the in-game economy. It’s already broken and controlled. The community already wants those with “deep-pockets” to roll all the colors for them so they can then take them. Either way, it’s abused. There are those willing to pay 10k coins (or considerably more) for a block of gleam and there are those who aren’t. The capitalists are going to have their fun no matter what.

Color monopoly is the worst thing this game has going for it, imo. let all the colors be out there, and then let the users take the time to collect and create the blocks to build with. Now some colors might be harder to harvest due to spawn positions/types/places and that it self will lead to it’s own rarity factor but having it artificially made rare, like blood diamonds in the real world, by turning a faucet on and of of ‘rare’ blocks and rocks is just silly, to me at least. I understand people have made stores based on ‘rarity’ but as the game evolves so do business practices shop keepers run.

1 Like

Maybe this is a better way to put it. " Come explore my world! I have that ‘x’ color you’ve been looking for!" Versus “Who cares? We all have that now.”

As it seems currently, a person can flip access to the world on and off. What happens if that world with the rare color either 1) gets locked from visitors or 2) goes offline because the owner no longer wants it open but the color has already been locked or x time? 2 separate issues with different potential solutions off the top.

Then you have the same situation that you have currently, so you aren’t actually out anything at all.
It still doesn’t preclude the RNG from activating the same color on another world, either.

In your view, no, in my view yes. We’re on two sides of the same coin where one group wants artificial color rarity and one wants no more artificial color rarity. It isn’t something we can really discuss over it seems because there isn’t a way for both sides to be happy. Whichever occurs, 1 group will be sad and suck it up. The other will be happy and enjoying it.,

1 Like

Once a color has appeared, anyone can select it for their world.

Pretty much that. :slight_smile: The artificial rarity is going to happen no matter what to preserve Exos and events. That was stated. (EDIT - See MajorVex’s post above this with Lucas’ comment.) Personally, I would rather see 1 person luck out and get that black gleam everyone wanted, and have everyone check out their planet for the next 6 months, than see 60 black gleam planets appear in a week. (Just for instance.)
If I end up getting a planet, I will probably keep it mostly private, but open it for hunts or events. That’s just how I am anyhow.

1 Like

Yes, I know. And I read why. Just saying that I don’t personally agree with that. I’m also not going to argue with how WS decides to handle it, just giving the feedback.

Please only add questions here. I’m sure there’s a discussion thread for colors out there.

2 Likes

So basically i could do 1 color world? If i want to? Or is there some restrictions in world builder for this @Clexarews ?

If you can find a color that is available for all the choices then you could have a mono color planet. I do not think there is such a color currently.

No restrictions technically speaking within world builder. Quite easy to do that. But like Kal-El said, there are some restrictions for rental worlds.

I was told, a few hours before it came on Testing, in a pm that we also could force reclaim individual beacons. I sadly never tried to test that.

3 Likes

What(if any) restrictions on planet naming will there be? As reported in the Testing thread, currently it’s very loose/flexible where you can mimic the names of existing planets. This has it’s own potential problem. What about PooPooStinkyWorld? GanjaMadnessLand? I mean you get the drift.

Is naming going to be just as lax as guilds and character creation?

Could someone screenshot the part where we select the river/land type for the whole planet? I want to try and figure out what Pyrr used :smiley:

Those are the options.

1 Like