Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

They may just speed up their flight and once one is gone another shows up. It will definitely be interesting to see how its handled. It helps that you can only see the ones you have access to.

1 Like

Also, goo farming has quite it’s challenges. And depends largely on the spawning of exoworlds with goo. And yields for seeds when farming goo are quite awful, I think the max you can get is 90% (or 95). And since it’s RNG, it doesn’t mean that for each 100 kernels planted you’ll get 90-95 back. It means you could get 10 back.
So I would really not count of goo farming or painting to provide more colors for people

Fantastic point I constantly forget. I myself will be biome spinning(if that is going to be a thing) as well.

My personal wish list goes by Biome > Prefabs > colors

4 Likes

Very good questions - this will be my primary consideration now the way my plans are going (doing a public gem mine world). I got the impression from Ross’ Arid World post that the biome type might be able to be stacked on the resource profile? (So, say a T6 Burn with Arid world type) That would be ideal for me - as people seem to want emeralds followed by amethyst most, what I’d be aiming for is a Toxic world as heavy on water as possible for the gem mine planet… so let’s say I can afford a few rolls, I keep the one with the best biome for that. And the possible colors I unlock are just icing - after all, once I buy, they’re unlocked, right? So if I scrap the world after the payment, I’ve still unlocked those colors? I look at my 3-6 worlds or whatever I do… ok, like this one best, finalize colors there adding any new ones I popped on the others that I like, then cancel the rest?

1 Like

Yeah, I would love to know this too!

@lucadeltodecso

3 Likes

Good question, I’ve added this under section 2 of my little compendium thing just so I can track a possible answer.

2 Likes

… Crossed my mind if the answer is a no here, it brings up a problem on the scarcity front that unlocking it for everybody attempts to avoid. If it removes it from the list when the world goes offline, unless it takes it off worlds it has been added to as well (which would REALLY anger people I think, can’t imagine them doing that), then a person who rolled a rare color could monopolize it for themselves pretty easily. Roll another world quickly, add it, cancel the first.

I wonder why people assume we can just cancel tbh. I imagine once the world is up that’s it for the next 30 days. You already paid for it to be up for 30 days so that’s what it’ll be. Not once have I seen a dev say we could buy and cancel. If you can cancel I don’t see how you’d get your money back. Otherwise why would anyone have to buy more than one planet to unlock all the colors if we did get our money back.

I didn’t like the way this dlc looked after I launched it. Sony well too bad you already bought it. It’s your now. Lol

2 Likes

Not cancel with a refund - for me, at least, that is my meaning, others might think differently - but pay the first month then cancel. Pay for the chance at good worlds to pick from, basically. So say rentals are $15 each, I might put up $60 upfront, do four, but only keep one after that, cancel the rest.

3 Likes

Yeah I think it’s like canceling subscription. If you pay for a month of WoW you can keep playing for the rest of the month even if you cancel immediately.

2 Likes

Yea that’s different. That’s just it expiring in my book. You’re not really canceling. You just don’t buy the next month so it dies/expires. Especially since James mentioned it having a fuel(life) gauge and giving warnings about it about to go out like a beacon. We don’t cancel beacons. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am also expecting there to be some initial setup fee like many services usually have. But I don’t have any experience on renting ready game servers and their pricing policies.

1 Like

Yep, but if there is a way to do it, if it might somehow save on their costs I’ll opt to remove the ones I don’t want right away rather than let them expire and keep them the whole month. Assuming I do this of course - if the devs in any way indicate they don’t want us doing this then I won’t (or if the price is too high for me of course).

1 Like

Wasn’t there also mention that the planet doesnt get deleted either? it basically just goes offline? Maybe I am making that up in my head but I thought I saw a developer comment that, so that people could bring their rentals back when/if the subscription expires.

3 Likes

I don’t think we will be able to cancel either, but I also don’t know what systems they have in place. Maybe you don’t “pay” for a world until you finalize it. Meaning we can potentially despawn and respawn a world until we get a setup we like, then finalize it (initial color palette may stay the same even after a refresh). I know devs are giving worlds out on testing but maybe they are working on something that can automate the process. Making people pay for biomes they don’t want on top of not having all the available 255 colors is a bit too much rng when we’re talking about real money.

I have no idea how other games handle this but I wouldn’t be surprised if they came up with something good for us.

1 Like

Good point - hopefully there will be an option for an outright cancel. Cleaner, and that would save on their space. Make you do it like deleting a character, verify you are ABSOLUTELY sure, of course!

1 Like

Man do I really hope they are only $15. I’d do 8 off the get go :sweat_smile:. 2 t5, 2 t6and 1 of each tier 1-4

1 Like

It will eventually be deleted. They haven’t said how long it will be in limbo

2 Likes

I’ll take a Lush T4 for my appetizer, main course will be the Toxic T6, and if there is room for desert perhaps a slice of pretty pink Burn T6 with ruby garnishing! :grin::+1: (Edit: I hope that or lower even is the price point too, anything over $25 will start getting iffy, or definitely “just one” territory)

1 Like

The World works, i find no issue again. Good Work Wonderstruck.