Can plots be transferred between characters?

I have plots allocated to other characters for purposes that are no longer in line with my current objectives, so I thought to ask if anyone administratively can transfer these plots to my main so I can get started finishing this big build I am working on, is this possible?

Unfortunately it’s not a thing.
It’s been asked for and suggested in the past. Having plots account-bound rather than character-specific would be a great help in some situations (together with cubits, body paints etc.). If not tied to the account, these commodities could at least be transferrable - it sure would help.

Decisions have been made to make all that tied to characters. It might change in future maybe, but there are consequences of each design choice so it’s not something that can/should be done on a whiff.

EDIT: I have always been splitting my larger builds into character-owned beacons. Not ideal, but at least I can also use it to divide the builds into specifically named parts and have some extra footfall (wink, wink).

2 Likes

No. Currently, players cannot consolidate/transfer all of their plots to one character.
I think most of us would probably use that feature if it were available.

5 Likes

I would have in the past anyway :wink:

1 Like

then I guess I should figure out how I can properly power level myself through this conundrum, I keep running out of gleam to refine and my objective is calling for some 5000 plots to be acquired to finish Korvus Prime on Circarpous.

This is by far my biggest build, and I don’t want to cheapen it by doing it half-heartedly.

2 Likes

if you find a good price on a hammer you can always mine gleam with teaching pies and sell the gleam unrefined to the many buyers out there for 1c each, i found this to be profitable at the same time a good aoe hammer cost 5-8k and can mine over 12-15k gleam to sell or refine for your own needs but definately add that teaching pie it can help

1 Like

I hear you.

Speaking of leveling. You might switch to mining gems in some great sovereign public mines out there. On teaching pie its plenty xp and then you sell a lot of resources for good coin, a bonus of sort and bigger than minter can give you.

1 Like

Just to add clarity, plots (cubits) are earned on a curve as a character levels.

Since you can create and delete throwaway characters, if there was a plot transfer mechanism players could easily re-play those early levels and accumulate cubits at “discount” rates.

This is the reason that cubit-related items including plots are character bound and not account bound.

You can also process most of those resources (including a ton of rock) into more refined forms for additional XP.

3 Likes

and mining is relatively easy nowadays thanks to all public mines, praise all sov owners building and maintaining gem mines on their sovs :smiley:

4 Likes

Having all alts contribute to the same plot pool could be balanced by the game still keeping track of how many plots alt “X” has generated, and if you delete that alt, then that number of plots is deleted.

3 Likes

It’s true when the game is back in development this could be addressed.

If cubits went to an account based pool there could be just a “first character” curve or even once per character slot, since those have to be bought.

The new skill system would have helped with this for a lot of newer players as under that design the decision to create a new character would be more of a role playing option or at least personal choice. As it is you really need a couple of characters to do well in multiple facets of the game.

did they have that new skill system in Testing?

1 Like

Yes it was in place for 249 along with some new/added skills.

Roughly 350 skill points on a single page. Im not digging but I think if you added skill pages you could also re-use the points on each page which would help with early game flexibility, since the leveling curve was a bit longer.

You are correct you can reuse skill points across all skill pages in test version 249

1 Like

SO! I expect this will be the first thing we get when the updates resume???

And what would this mean for those of us with enormously large numbers of levels already?

No. At least, not necessarily.

Monumental has indicated that they have different priorities from wonderstruck, and will address those priorities when/as development begins.

Specifically the response was that their current top priority will focus around NPE and monetization, with implementing some or any of the features from 249 being lower priority.

Being that TONS of people have wanted some melee activity and most of the work there is done, I hope that as a matter of retention and offering more features to monetize on it will get some priority.

I’m not sure how they will view the changes to the skill system :man_shrugging:

At around 1400 levels you would be able to immediately max out your skills on the new system. Sorry I have the forum open in a tab so I’m getting notifications but deep digging for the actual numbers (they are on the forum) isn’t a priority atm. The info is here though probably in the release 249 thread as well as scattered around a bit.

At that point you could basically have all non-conflicting skills, including melee mastery and the new coloring skills on a single page.

Finally, you could just go ahead and do pretty much everything without switching skill pages.

Oh how I wish it were real now XD
All this switching makes my head hurt. I also need them to fix hit detection when it comes to hookshot mishaps, hit damage should only count when falling, not flying into walls.

2 Likes

NEW SOLO SKILL TREE

• We have made major changes to the Skill cap and progression system in the game.
  • To allow a solo player to craft all items we’ve updated the skill tree to allow characters to unlock all independent skills.
  • The skill cap is now 359 Skill Points.
  • We have removed alternative selection links for many linked Epic Skills. These changes are to allow players the freedom to use a single character for all areas of the game. However we have retained Epic links to create DPS, Tank or Healer characters in combat.
  • Players will receive 2 Skill Points per level until level 180.
  • Skill points are now no longer shared between skill pages. Meaning the player can spend their max points in each page.
  • XP required per level continues to increase between level 50 and level 180.
1 Like

is 180 the max out level for skill points?

1 Like