Can something be done about the weather

lol when reality hits in real and in game haha

2 Likes

Adrenaine hurts me and pushes me to out of control, but because I want some concrete, I am having to force myself to go to an exo which I do not enjoy AT ALL and why does this have to do with anyting in this thread?

Because my tempers are short in discussing how much I need graphic options to disable weather…

I hate having to go to this planet and hurt myself because I want some damn pretty concrete to satisfy my visual cravings.

NOt everyone who is a builder enjoys combat. I HATE COMBAT!
I wish I coujld turn off the dam hostiles on my soveregn… I’ll just build over the whole surface instead to stop them. I hate mobs in a BUILDING game. If only the had seperate modes. Oh wait, they do. But no soveregn has kindling.

Kindling.
I need kindling for concrete.

My eyes eat pretty things to cheer myself up, unlike other people who smoke get drunk or get high. I get satisfaction building in voxel games.

But while happy pleasent visuals can cheer me up as much as a drug, unwanted visuals can send me into a raging mad out of control meltdown.

I need option to disable this weather. Now that I know the game has the code to do it, I wanna use it, but not if I have to hurt myself or use up the already limited toolset I need for building.

2 Likes

i agree with you @GreenRoc just because its working for someone doesn’t mean its working for everyone.
that’s the time you try to many it work for everyone, and sometimes its give and take, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. we cannot say yeah but i don’t have a problem with it
don’t think about what is good for you or works for you, find a solution to make it work for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think the coming single player update, if it has this weather option, will work for you?

1 Like

Here’s what I don’t get. Ok, so the devs say they don’t want a toggle.

But one exists in game: build mode. It just comes with other unsightly junk.

Since it’s in the game, why not give us an options menu toggle.

1 Like

Only removes the annoying whiteout effect of snow. Doesn’t actually turn OFF weather particle effects that are obnoxious and annoying. The clear weather quirk does, it shows us they HAVE the coding available to disable the weather. It just needs to be in the options menu where it belongs.

1 Like

Poor you :rofl::rofl:

Rain double drop rate and snow 10x. Then meteorite hunting will become more interesting :smiley:

1 Like

I still don’t believe it belongs in the options menu, as “off” will just become the standard.

This is why I suggested allowing players to control weather in their own beacons only (along with the new tool quirks outside of beacons).

8 Likes

Just goes to show how universally obnoxious its effects are then. Doesn’t matter to me, the effects are just obnoxious, and I’d like them just gone.

3 Likes

Not really. Turning them off, offers an advantage to those that do it - hence why everyone would then be forced to do so to level that advantage.

2 Likes

Advantage? Being able to see what you’re building? :grin:

Come now, you know the game is not just about building (never thought I would ever type that as building is my favourite thing)

4 Likes

I’d hate to see the weather effects go away. I absolutely love them. I will say, though, that having the ability to modify them within a beaconed area (without holding some crazy weather tool) would be amazing and helpful. I love the weather effects, but there are certainly times when I’m like… please stop snowing! They can sometimes be a little too much.

4 Likes

Explain to me why the most developed feature of this game is its building capabilities then.

Must be in the minority, because most people I’ve seen post about it wants it off.

It’s also about getting the materials to… build?

3 Likes

Only if you explain to me where you get your building materials from…

1 Like

You know exactly where they come from, as you do the same exact things I do.

This is going way off topic though. The thread is about how obnoxious the weather effects are in this game. Completely obstructing one’s view of their own builds, even getting in the way INSIDE STRUCTURES where it shouldn’t even BE.

you see what you want
maybe people liking the weather effects are not bothered to post as much?

it is actually a psychological truth: negative feedback is expressed more often than positive (or, in other words, you are more likely to share your criticism than praise)

5 Likes

Ah, now we’re getting somewhere.

Instead of universally pushing for weather effects to be turned off, we should either be requesting for them to be controllable within our own builds, or for the internal spaces within those builds to be without weather effects - in much the same way as lighting was modified to respect open or closed doors.

6 Likes