Can we get ETA on road map / test release

If I hold my breath will it come before I pass out.

3 Likes

I want a road map for the roadmaps.

2 Likes

Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.

5 Likes

As much as we’d all love a roadmap/timeline/eta, they’d be stupid to give us one because they can only work as fast as they can work and if they lay out dates that are too close together, people will get upset when they don’t meet their goals.

Just how this business is.

I just want an itemized list of features they are working on with a quarterly percentage next to it based on how close it is coming to testing. With a link next to the items that have art or ingame footage next to them.

Not asking for much :wink::crazy_face:

1 Like

I feel like I’m the only one who reads 90+% of the post because they said it’s in the pipeline. Or maybe I’m the only one with patience

Yes they did say that. People should use search before posting a new topic.

2 Likes

Just drop the dates like they’ve done before. Also this

Which was posted on Monday, so two days later than expected. Tho James told on Discord they decided to add some more stuff, QoL updates mostly, better tutorial, free warp home always (tho that raised some questions James couldn’t answer) and more.

They’ve at times released a new Testing for the week on Friday evening, so they have a spot of time left :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to pay more attention to discord… :smiley:

1 Like

We were preparing for a Testing release on Tuesday but decided to switch some things around.

The next Testing update will now focus on improving some of the rough edges for new players. The biggest change is making it easier for players to Warp home which is a big blocker for players who get lost in the portal networks or stuck on higher level worlds.

The plan is to release it before the end of the week.

After this we’ll switch to releasing the original Testing update that includes:

• 4x new guild buffs,
  • an Advanced Lock for giving permissons to individual players to access storage and machines,
  • 3x global chat channels for trading + shops, organising events such as hunts and a questions + answers channel to help new players. This also includes a new player moderation permission for helping moderate these channels as they’re global and public for all players.
  • a big backend refactoring of how we reference, add and remove worlds from the universe. It was this part that was a bit risky and we wanted to test it more internally before we accidentally broke every portal in the universe or something else equally painful.
20 Likes

+farming :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Remove worlds?

Ahh, so nothing worthwhile this week on testing or next week’s release.

Cool, I guess…

Okay, so the above mentioned testing this week, the release of that next, then the testing of your bulleted points in the week of 28 February? Then release of that in week of March 8?

Basically nothing to get excited about huh?

So let me get this straight, for the coming 4 weeks we will get absolutely nothing that anyone can seriously consider ‘new content’?

Awesome! This will help keep the dwindling playerbase am sure!

shakes head

Sorry to be a tad negative here, but I see more and more players complain about getting bored and wanting new content and now this is what you guys plan on releasing for the next 4 weeks? I can’t believe it, this will kill the game, at the moment only 120 players are online, it’s never ever been this low at this time of day…

Please, for the love of, tell us what the plans are AFTER all this.
Tell us WHY you needed to make big changes in the planet stuff, is this to add temporary planets? Rental planets? T7+ planets? All of that? What???

Not telling right now is a very, very bad idea…

@james

3 Likes

The devs of this game are way more communicative than is average and this trend of player entitlement is exactly why most dev teams don’t behave this way.

If y’all are going to hoot and hollar and ping the devs with your negative energy every two days they are going to do what every other dev team does and stop sharing any information at all.

Software is hard to make. Priorities change constantly. Especially for live games trying to get to a steady state. Maybe fixing FTUE stuff is suddenly important because there is an opportunity for an influx of new players and the devs want to be ready. We don’t know. They have the game’s long term interest at heart.

It’s painful to see the devs goaded into providing an update and then when they actually do they get picked apart.

26 Likes

For me, personally, I’m willing to wait for some new stuff if they can fix the problems the new players are having. That is more harmful to the game then a delay on new content.
How many threads of this and that problem because they don’t understand how to do something, the tips section in the Knowledge that wasn’t working, the objectives which can be confusing for some. You do Not have to make a portal by a certain time, go to a level 5 planet to get something by a set time, especially when you are only at a level 20 but it reads like that.
Portals are the most important, new players who get caught when there are problems and have to pay high coin cost to get home, such as what happened a while back is hard on them when they don’t have a lot of coins to spare at the beginning.

5 Likes

Is there any way you could give us a sneak peek of what these 4 new guild buffs will be?

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Removing worlds

oh no…bye bye Bitulla

12 Likes

I’ve refrained from doing this for a very long time now, we are all waiting for something big to come out and what is now scheduled for the coming 4 weeks is a major let down and none of it is what we expected or even hoped for.

We have all the right to voice our concerns since player base is dwindling FAST lately. Too many people who are getting bored and waiting for actual new content to come out.

Sure enough these changes will be good for the game itself but it will not do anything for the amount of active players.

They do communicate, quite a bit, yes, but it’s not enough. Take that overhaul of the system that adds/removes planets, why doesn’t james add WHY they did that, WHAT are the plans for it and what is the timeframe of those plans. I don’t need exact dates, I know full well how software development works but why not tell us roughly when to expect things, like

• farming is coming after all this that’s mentioned
  • then the new hunter creature
  • something to do with new planet stuffs

Then we have a general idea of what is going to happen, that some stuff is being shuffled around and comes later I do not mind, but I want to know more OR they might as wel say nothing because we aren’t really getting the info we want anyway…

2 Likes

I would recommend you to take a small break from the game come back in 2-3 month :stuck_out_tongue: I know your invested a lot on the game and that cause you to become negative, they are a small team they are working on it. I’m sure you already played a lot and got your money back in played time since a while.

4 Likes