Can we get ETA on road map / test release

If they went with that, I’d be ok with it, but I don’t mind the current system either. I was surprised by how easy it is to get anything from the shop by just playing the game, unlike most games in the free-to-play model that make it super inconvenient or limited in some fashion.

I’m sure they could have gone with more restrictive cash shop options and made more money.

I’m also interested in the ability to control who can plot, not for fear of people being jerks, but because I’d rather have a coherent building style, so for example, no office towers next to viking-style houses. :stuck_out_tongue:

The amount of value is irrelevant. If you can spend $500 IRL for 1c, that’s wrong.

I don’t even have a problem with items for cubits, other than being way too expensive for what you get.

But they should also have mass, IRL cosmetics as well for that revenue stream.

And keep them cheap.

Captdsdsdure

Checks time

RIP Blackmage2015

9 Likes

Who said anything about IRL $ for coin?

Pretty sure they’ve confirmed they are adding in some kind of alchemy system so eventually you’ll be able to dye any block into any color to bypass this problem entirely.

And really, this is just a small minority whining.

The level of “p2w” here is so small it’s laughable, and ultimately won’t matter.

3 Likes

In boundless, blocks=coin.

Yeah, no.
Not everyone renting a planet will do it to just sell the resources. I think most people will do it to have a nice town/place/build. Besides, just like the free portals/hubs, you’ll get more traffic if you are kind and allow people in to use the facilities. I’m sure most people want ppl to visit their place and have a good time…not get punched in the eye.

1 Like

How do you win this game?

3 Likes

I’m more curious to know how you can lose.

I have yet to see a game over screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

After playing tons of MMOs, I yawn when I see the same old comments:
It’s p2w…it’s dying…it’s not fair…it’s too grindy…it takes too long…

1 Like

I think it all boils down to passion. Everyone has their own dream for the game… they just have to be patient too

Your line of reasoning is so infuriating.

I don’t care about what “most people” will do. I don’t want it possible at all.

And let me be clear, this wont chase me away. But when the majority of players, ones who don’t visit this board, start seeing worlds and resources they don’t have access to, they will start dropping like flies.

It happens in every game. Why do people think Boundless would be any different?

This is a simple equation. If you can resell it in game, you should not be able to buy it for IRL money. Period.

3 Likes

When they release the option to change colors of resources, everyone is going to have access to everything, and it won’t be an issue.

1 Like

Which game? I’ve played pretty much all of them.

People always threaten to leave when a game changes a few things. A lot of people have been asking for these planets and BL even advertised them, originally.

If I rent a planet, I can’t resell it in-game, so it’s all good. :wink:

Hey my light blue ancient wood farm(accessibility from PS and Ultima) is free to use and I have tools for sale there too at what I think is a fair price. So I’m not keeping it for myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

League of Legends gives players an initial advantage for having a high account level, as well as Black Desert, and tons of phone games are P2W also.

If the extent of P2W in this game is going to come down to purchasing plots, and having to grind a little extra to have the materials needed to use some alchemizing station to turn your green block blue (because you can’t afford to rent a blue planet) then I think Boundless is fine.

But you’re selling tools at the location. You’re using it to make coin. P2W!!! And I saw players offering tens of thousands of coin for the location! j/k :sunglasses:

(thank you for making it available to the public…I wouldn’t have a single piece otherwise.)

2 Likes

Maybe some decided to get real roses in the real world. :joy:

1 Like

Yes, a lot of them that have been around awhile do that. The point is…LoL is still alive and well. So is BO. So is RS, so is Trove and a zillion others. :+1:

1 Like

Well if I make coin from it that’s just a small benefit. I don’t expect people to buy my tools that are for sale. It’s for those just in case moments when someone forgets them at home. Or if you’re lucky and see me there I’ll throw em at ya lol

1 Like