Can we get ETA on road map / test release

There has to be a reason for someone to rent a planet. It has to be a good reason. If I’m paying, I should gain more control…that is the point. And it will entice more people to play & income for the team.

1 Like

Am sure there are other better ways to solve the possible problem of disallowing access to certain colours than severely limiting rented planets like you are here suggesting.

Honestly, I’m so totally in for my own planet, and yes, I do sincerely hope that there is going to be a way to assert my control over it by blocking people who are being obnoxious but I also do hope that there’s some system in place for those people to object and/or for the devs to check that I am not denying people access for silly reasons…

I want the opposite of what we have now for private planets:
now people can do whatever and we need to go to devs and complain to have them look into it
I want for rentable planets that WE, the renters, can deny access right away AND then the devs have a look into it if the player we block objects

If that happens I’m fine with it.

If it’s possible that most people won’t get access I’m not fine with it UNLESS there are other ways to obtain the same resources.

That’s all I want. Oh, and a planet called New Leyden! :slight_smile:

Not to mention that it would bring back a lot of veterans that are playing other things while waiting specifically for player planets, which should at least help a little with the concerns about the game population getting smaller.

2 Likes

So currently it literally is not yet :wink:

I just did…

I didn’t say those weren’t acceptable, you continued posting about it not being a bad thing, making fun, blabla, I replied to that…

Separate cosmetics from cubits.

Vastly increase the amount of cosmetic items (only after putting craftable, but different, cosmetics/clothes in the game).

Allow private, disconnected worlds where you can play tin god.

Allow cheaper private worlds that you can create and control who can plot there but can’t restrict access. The only real way to troll in this game is with plotting anyway. Add extra benefits like the ability to create portals across your world at will without needing to fuel them and some form of “click regen” for dug up areas so you always have access to the world you paid for.

EDIT: With the cosmetics I for got to add that they are way too expensive. Nothing wrong with having really expensive ones, but make a wide range of prices. Basic human nature. People who are unlikely to pay $5.00 for one cosmetic will pay $10 for five.

Exactly the point. Most people are cool, in general and wouldn’t block people from visiting their planet or harvesting resources. Anything could happen, but assuming that planet-renters would block everyone but themselves - probably won’t/hasn’t happened.

Then I shall mention that that there are players out there that will quit playing when what you’re defending here is going to happen…

So basically the playerbase will even out I suppose… Unless you have evidence to back up a possible claim that the amount of returning people for this is greater than the amount leaving :wink:

Heck no. If I’m renting a planet, you shouldn’t have any say-so or rights to mess with me/it…you aren’t paying for it. That’s 50% of the reason most ppl would rent one.

1 Like

I made a poll about this very thing and apparently about 75% of the rented planets would be fully open to the public, but most would have plotting restrictions, if the poll is anything to go by. Only like 5% would close off access to the planet or to resource gathering / mining there.

Assuming that’s a good representation of reality, then I’m not worried. :stuck_out_tongue:

… actually I’m not worried regardless.

2 Likes

Why tho? Cubits are infinitely and easily obtainable in game without the need to buy for RL money.
It’s one of the most egalitarian ‘cash shop’ systems I’ve ever seen already.

I really don’t know why you think there’s a need for this, unless you mean separating it from cubits in such a way that they have to be bought with real money, and I doubt that’s what you mean since that seems to go counter your philosophy.

I never bought any cubits and the only reason I didn’t get any cosmetics so far other than the hermit beard is out of principle because I refuse to buy any until I know they’ll work well with my pants. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Stating you are clueless is not an insult.

adjective

1. having no knowledge, understanding, or ability.

That’s you on the topic of why they are addressing new player issues instead of content. Literally. That’s you. It’s not an insult. I’m sorry if telling you something you didn’t want to hear hurt your feelings but it doesn’t change the matter that you are clueless on the matter of them pushing out tons of content to keep people like you happy.

They have bigger concerns, again, new player retention.

How can they “mess with you?”

What are they going to do, stand there and jump around? Cry me a river.

Were you not the one just trying to convince us that people are not jerks?

1 Like

Might also be handy tho to keep old players around, but hey, what do I know, right?

Yes, yes it is, you basically told me I have no knowledge, understanding or ability. Gee, thanks for that!

It was also totally not necessary as you full well know it can be taken as something negative so why even say it?

So yes, it was not needed, you could’ve made your point across without that…

Anyway you lovely oortians, can’t we just enjoy this marvelous game without bickering amongst ourselves? We are a dying breed after all! :joy:

I’m going to bed now, good night! (or good evening/morning)

1 Like

Plot somewhere that I don’t want them to, is usually considered “messing” with someone.

No thanks. You’ve got that covered. :wink:

They are. So why are you insisting that you should be able to access a rented planet to “troll” them with plots?

To me personally it makes no difference if the implementation of private planets doesn’t have a setting to control who can mine. I’m only interested in controlling plotting, for the same reasons you’ve already named.

I think some people will want to have control over who can enter the planet, however, because by the discussions so far, the price of renting a planet will vary in accordance with the ‘player limit’ on those planets (like if it gets ‘world full’ with 10 people, it’s cheaper than if it gets ‘world full’ with 50)

So I can see people going for a cheap, low limit planet and wanting to make sure that their guild / friends can always access it.

But I literally don’t care one way or the other about the option for controlling who can mine, if I rent one, I’ll let anyone mine there regardless.

1 Like

Us:
slap5

Devs laughing at us like:
popcorn7

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean. Unlike blocks, which have in-game value, cosmetics are useless other than vanity. More cosmetics, with a majority sitting around 1-2 dollars (US), will bring in far more revenue while having zero effect on game balance.

1 Like

You can still obtain the same block type with the same in-game prestige value. BL doesn’t control the coin value that we place on items. A white antique block of wood is still just a block of antique wood with the same prestige. Just a different cosmetic color.