Can we share our custom sanctum start files?

I have just started to play with the sanctum editor, and wondered weather anyone has shared any good sanctum build .dat files, would be nice to load a few others to see what people have done, and I will probably want to share mine with my guildmates when I’m done (I may secretly switch out my dads as i know he loves being confused, and lava…).

4 Likes

There have been several talented players who have shared sanctum edits over the years. And one that did a portal frame design that I loved.

10 Likes

Wait you can do that!!?? LUCKY! Wow that looks awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Oh I would totally love to see new and exciting sanctum builds available now and again… not something I need to install, but to wake up and go into sanctum and TA DA!! It changes.

Someone should do this. :slight_smile: @Tiggs

2 Likes

There are a few event sanctums that used to come with events, built by players i think…

3 Likes

Yeah but we need more, randomly :smiley:

3 Likes

My modified Halloween Sanctum. Complete with clone Georgio’s.

14 Likes

I wonder if this could be modded in :thinking:

3 Likes

Can’t edit, so popping in another comment with a link to my notes on changing effects & characters, mostly for myself in case I decide to look at this randomization idea after work.

From what I can remember, the initial file that determines which world file is loaded is very rigid, so it’s most likely not possible to do randomizing, but could be worth a try.

2 Likes

hmm this is interesting, it obviously has a trigger to change for events, I would want a copy of everyone’s sanctum, switch it every week…

4 Likes

Okay, I reviewed the files for this. It looks like there is a file that has timestamps for triggering each of the events, but it doesn’t seem to have been used for a couple years. I suspect this file is a backup for if the discovery server isn’t able to serve its copy. Notably, the file was not updated for the most recent events, which I’m assuming had Sanctum changes, so I think the file is vestigial or local fallback.

The manual way to do this would be to have several sanctum folders in the two directories involved (one for the map, one for the lighting and NPC scripts), and then change the folder names to make sure the ones you want are the ones being loaded. I can write up a guide for that and some other Sanctum file management stuff after the forum move if someone reminds me.

I could, in theory, create a standalone program to manage a Sanctum randomizer/manager. That’s, uh… That’s a lot of work for a game without active dev work, and would require people to trust me to not be sending you a virus. If the game gets a significant update, I can definitely consider something like this.

If you have quick questions on these files that you can’t find answers to in the mods section, let me know.

2 Likes

@boundmore did this one a while back.

6 Likes

Wow that is just gorgeous :smiley:

3 Likes

Is there a way to create anything other than the oortian miner for those marble bricks ingame yet?

1 Like

When I’m off my current meds ill defiantly start planning a custom sanctum…

1 Like

You swap between 4 different characters using transformation chisel.

There is one with a grapple, one with a totem, the hammer time guy you mentioned and… damn, can’t remember the fourth one now lol

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks, ill go edit my build now. x

1 Like

Well this makes me want to start working on a Sanctum build to share!

2 Likes

I unearthed my sanctum file from my old laptop, but it crashes the game :frowning:

Did anyone create a new personalized sanctum and tested if it loads properly?
Is it only the old files that don’t work now?

I just created a new personalized sanctum using current game files (the default sanctum). I only placed a few additional blocks and saved it as separate file. Loading it crashed the game:/

1 Like