CANCELED: Forging Changes

when you click to start a round on the forge, wait the half second until the gear starts spinning, then close the forge and open it again and you’ll bypass all the animations.

1 Like

So no one is supposed to have high end tools or weapons without a defect? If that is what your getting at i highly disagree… So everyone at endgame is supposed to be gimpy with there nice gem things. To what? Bring us back down to mid game? Cause non of us have already gone threw that grind already?

Gems are gonna sky rocket again i believe because nobody is going want to go beat on rocks with POS hammers for hours on end to come away 40 gems of the type they are after. You will see the gem tools dry up for selling purposes and only be used by those making them. The coils will also probably become non existant for sell. Or vice versa they will be there but you will be looking at a 50k workbench adv coil. I like how everytime we get a hold on things and start to try and get things rolling as an economy again they watch from there high seats and say nah dont let them stabalize throw a curve ball right now.

4 Likes

If I pay 40k for a perfect hammer, that’s exactly what I want. I don’t want defects. I don’t forge, but if I did…after looking at all of the required mats…I’d rage quit if a 3x3 AOE gem hammer had a bad defect (not really, but that would s*ck).

1 Like

We are assuming, we haven’t even gotten to test the update.

If they up the % effectiveness to make it so that there is a slight offset then you could use Pure Boon + Boon Boost and get great hammers pretty easily without quirks/defects. We have to see how the numbers work out.

1 Like

Haha 40k… better get them while they are Cheap. I refuse to sell a hammer from this day forward without a defect for less than 100k. #blamepoorbalancing

1 Like

They said what they are changing. Those of us who forge a lot know exactly what this will do.

Mana said it for me. I forge every single day. This is not good. I highly doubt any dev sits around and forges as much as i do. And if they did they would know 100% this is not good.

If im takin out of endgame due to defects from forging you can probably see me go on a hiatus for a very long time. I hadnt even thought of getting FO76, new battlefield, or COD but they most def on my radar now.

STOP NERFING STUFF AND THINK ABOUT MAYBE BUFFING A FEW OTHER LOW END ■■■■ THINGS… THE ANSWER IS NOT ALWAYS A NERF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

5 Likes

It’s as if the devs didn’t plan for perfect tools to be possible so now theyre addressing that in a way that we don’t yet know but we’re quick to arm,chair develop on. Perhaps it would be wise to just slow our roles on the armchair developing and complaining about things we don’t even know about yet.

if it hits test and all the fears are realized, that would seem like the appropriate time to bring about pitchforks.

Also, it seems as if they aren’t making lower tier things easier to do while making higher tier things harder to do. Who care if gem tools go to 100k? The economy would adjust. Many arent so concerned about ‘perfect’ tools so much as a vocal group of others.

2 Likes

@Manabanana @MoriOni

I forge daily as well, and have insight into the process. Sounds like we are on equal ground with experience.

While this change will impact our draining compound cycle there is hope that we can offer feedback on to make it so that we can still make the tools we want.

I really see that Effectiveness improvement as a major player. 1000 boon points is pointless if you can get up to 200% effectiveness and then use a lower tier boon. Even a 150% effectiveness would change the game and what ingredients are used.

That is why I was expressing caution on drawing a conclusion until we can test it on the test world. Those numbers and % could make a huge difference. And if we can influence them with feedback to get those % to a good place then the forge will be all the better for it.

In my opinion of course <3

2 Likes

While i agree with you i also disagree. The cycle is my issue. Idc about draining idc about pure compounds. The fact that you WILL get defects and quirks now with no extra ingrediant slots is the BIGGEST issue of all. Ok i gotta see them on my hammer. Now give me more slots to work with stuff to remove them. RNG or not. Atm there is no way of having enough places to deal with these.

1 Like

To put it directly… yes.

I think the system was meant to be this:

Lightly forged Item (1-10 levels of various Boons) > No Downside or defect
Med forged Item (11-20 Levels of boons) > Minor Defect/Quirk
Max Forged (21-30 Levels of Boons) > Major Defect/Quirk

It’s not that you can’t have good tools. You can have a tool with Max Damage, and it performs fine.

Now, if you want to max 3 Boons, like Max Damage/3x3 AOE/Super Speed… that is clearly an OP Tool, that should only happen once every 20 forges or something with amazing sliders.

Its like, pick what you want… but don’t be too greedy… or else

2 Likes

Oh, I see the concern. I agree that having defects/quirks for high end gear is gross.

pretty much this. Unintended side effect of emergent gameplay. as it stands, players are ravaging higher tier planets and that is reflected in current coil prices

though, quirks should be fixed and i feel that is the missing piece to the balancing issue

4 Likes

Ok so what your telling me is you nvr wanna be able to buy a perfect hammer? Cause if it takes 20 forges to get one without a defect or quirk. I will either…
A.) not sell it ever use it for myself to get more of what im hurting for and give me the edge to keep store open.
B.) at 20 times to get 1 ill be selling hammers at a price no one will ever buy or choke on a chip they are eating when they open the stand.
And the worst part of option B is… you gonna pay half a mil for a hammer thats only going to last ya an hour…

Both of these are horrid options in my book. Cause i like helping others and they will literally take that away from me. i wont hand over gems to anyone if all im getting is a crud amount each time i go out. I wont give away gem hammers for others to go have forged by someone else being generous. It will be me myself and I. Economy’s taking a hit here idc who you are or how you see it mark my words.

1 Like

All of this is positive change except the draining boon compound nerf. This is going to ■■■■ people off. Stop taking 2 steps forward 2 steps back. ■■■■ sake.

5 Likes

You’re problem,I think, is you think something is trash. It might not sale for the price you want but it’d sale at a lower rate. Maybe you won’t make 500% profit. Maybe you’ll just make 15% profit. There are plenty of us that buy the ‘booboo’ hammers. If we didn’t you would not see so many shops selling them for 10k or similar.

So, what you are saying is that I have to hop around every time I swing if I want to have something that is remotely useful or take damage every time I swing if I want to have something that will work well on a t6 planet?

That doesn’t sound “fun” at all.

1 Like

I’m okay with a booboo hammer if its squeeks

Like one of those childhood hammers

Ah good memories, hit-squeek hammers

2 Likes

I’ll say this… i forged a ruby hammer yesterday that had max dmg max action speed and AOE on it… nvr seen anything with 120 action speed this is gonna be crazy i thought… so i take it out and for funnys i bought a greater speed brew or whatever to add to the crazyness…

So once i got to Serp and found a spot i thought id like to tear to pieces for a min. i ate my persis pie, i drank my fast brew, got out my ruby hammer and held down my swing button…

Now this hammer it so freaking fast and broke every block in one hit regardless of what it was that i ended up clipping into the underground and could run around and get any gem i wanted or ore i wanted…

This needs to be fixed yes but hey they just balanced the ruby hammer to be way faster than the others… Things of THIS nature need to be addressed not the forge itself. Fix the things that these forged hammers are breaking not the forge.

I would probably keep it too… And I understand. It is the only things that sell… other than forge mats.

But these 3x3/Max Dmg/Max Dura hammers were never meant to even exist… at all without quirks or defects. They are breaking the game! And have maybe done lasting damage to the economy.

Gold is cheaper than silver, because it is at diamond level… because of these OP hammers that are so easily forged. They are just trying to fix an oversight. Lets see how it plays out. There is plenty of pastes/solvents to dampen, or change quirks. It might not be so bad

2 Likes