CANDY TOTEM tint?

@james
can you confirm what gives tint to candy cane totem?

planted candy seeds - 5 different tints today, 1 of seed was made from shadow red refined gleam
as you can see at picture it showing shadow red tint till harvest

harvested it 2 minuters ago - and it turns out to be
obraz

remaining 4 are azure x 2, cold teal and light sepia, still growing

1 Like

I think the better question here is…

Which munchkin is going to make the LolliPop guild?

5 Likes

OFF TOPIC - Sorry could not help it.

Ok I’ll put it up:

3 Likes

Maybe like the spiders it can veer off to the side for the tint…

1 Like

Hey quick question. I can’t get my pops to give me a timer. What is going on? I have it in ice. Edit and gleam right above it

2nd attempt:
ready to harvest - deep azure tint

harvested totem - deep azure

still got 3 remaining - but timers are weird, sown them during 1 hour after event started - put them on ice with gleam above, initial times was 9 hours, 7,5 after fertilizing - 3 of them still showing 3,5 hours remaining till mature…9,5 hours after sowing…

2 blocks above?

We have 4 chiseled like a floating diamond

nope, if they are 2 blocks above ice, you know - ice with seed > free space > free space > gleam

Oh yes 2 spaces above ice. Does the timer move in real time?

Yea I only used Warm Orange Gleam for mine. So they should all be warm orange. But I’ve got (8)light orange, (8) warm orange(4 of which are still growing even tho they were planted 12hrs+ ago), (4) light red, (2) bright orange, and (2) light sepia. Tho I haven’t harvested any of them so colors might change again. Which is highly upsetting.

@james why are they working this way?

It seems to me they are very much working like the random goo mutations do. If, for instance, you planted 25 warm orange goo kernels on rock you would see similar results but with more remaining warm orange.

I havent actually had a chance to play with this yet so I dont fully understand the mechanics so o have some questions. Are the seeds crafted using gleam as an ingredient to determine the seed colour? And do you then plant them on ice which causes them to mutate in a certain way?

I think if this is the case it’s not such a bad thing as it essentially allows the possibility the get some extreme coloured totems by using fairly mundane coloured gleam and ice, this is good because the spectrum of available ice colours is fairly limited, dark colours are very rare, and of course no one wants to be blowing their few precious pieces of gleambow gleam making these.

4 Likes

Yea seeds are crafted with gleam for color. If ice happens to mutate it I would have like to know that first. I wouldn’t have planted any till I found warm orange ice/glacier

Yeah I can understand the frustration. Does it say anything on the tooltip while the plant is maturing about it tinting towards the colour of ice? Like how goo does on gleam?

Edit: @FireAngelDth that was meant to reply to you not the thread… not sure how to change that sorry.

I’m going to be using the majority of my canes making totems so if I happen to make any warm orange i will happily trade them with you for any of those other colours you made.

Not it doesn’t mention mutating at all. I’m also using warm orange gleam lanterns to grow it. :sweat_smile: so I only failed on the ice

I imagine even if you had warm orange ice you would of had some random mutations but less of them. I see Jacey got a cold berry with white on white.

I thought if you plant goo on rock, the rock color has no effect on the mutation?

2 Likes

It doesn’t I have set up a widescale experiment with white rock on one side and black rock on the other side of my goo crop farm. Up to this day I did not see any correlation between the color of the rock and the random mutation.

1 Like

So it’s probably the same for the candy totems, it doesn’t matter what color you grow it on, some just randomly mutate to a nearby color.

2 Likes

its unfair if ice mutate it - we have like 15 ice colors, not compared to rare gleam we have