CANDY TOTEM tint?

Correct rock colour has no effect on the mutation direction, it is purely random. Planting on gleam apparently still has a chance of random mutations also but much lower and by much smaller variations.

I was just thinking that perhaps in this case the ice colour emulates the gleam in a goo farm?

Again I havent even tried growing any yet, I’m just speculating based on these results… but perhaps you’re correct as it appears that @FireAngelDth was planting on some plain blueish colour and to get vivid orange that way as a result seems highly unlikely. So maybe it is just purely random mutations to colours near to the seed colour hence no information stating the seed is tinting towards the ice colour. That does make a lot more sense… it’s basically the opposite of spider farming… the seed colour is the mutation “point” rather than the block/trellis colour.

Edit: I was wrong, it was zajacwas on blue ice, and it was bright orange not vivid orange, not as drastic.

I think when planted on rock, goo doesn’t say “mutating towards” either.

1 Like

Correct. So I do believe you are right, it’s basically the exact same as spider farming. Pick a seed colour, get random results nearby

Damn! I was all excited after finding a few night and shadow coloured ice blocks chasing meteors today and had all sorts of theories to work on haha

1 Like

No not at all, quite the opposite. You would have so so many more options even with the limited ice available, this event is allowing many more colours of ice that dont occur naturally such as the planetary glacier colours and also the random and small chance of oddball dark colours appearing (seem to be based on the planetary soil colours). And of course exos have provided lots of new colours too.

I already had plans in mind to mass produce black ones by planting night orange on shadow turquoise ice. No fancy gleambow gleam required!

I had a seed and ice colour planned for shadow blue, violet and cerulean also, haha. Now I’m just going to have to rely on randomness and potentially using valuable gleam to get the colours I want.

Can’t you dye the ice?

Nope, ice cannot be dyed unfortunately.

Sure it’s cool for people who want other colors. I have zero interest in the other colors and I’m using gleam I have a very limited supply of. And I’m trying to have them as deco so they are supposed to be a certain color.

1 Like

harvestin remaining 3
cood slate > cood slate
light sepia > orange
azure > azure

Yep I too am a little saddened that all my master plans have fallen through and to have the best chance of the colours I really want it will require me to use gleambow gleam.

I guess it would have been nice if you had of known the mechanics before committing to what you have. I’m just trying to understand how the system works based on the few results I have seen posted on here. How much gleam is required per mass craft of seeds?

18 refined
18 sugar
18 stick
90 red candy cane
90 green candy cane.

And the canes are another reason I’m mad

Yep the canes would hurt me the most… only thing I’ve made so far was a mass craft of shadow violet twinkles… turns out that was a bad colour choice as due to being so dark they’re practically invisible wherever I put them, lol.

1 Like

I haven’t made it to trying these yet but if it is anything like the spiders from Halloween the mutation chance seems higher than goo. I created 50 colored trellises to grow spiders in and ended up with over 200 different colored spiders when the event was done.

1 Like

OK I have taken the plunge

Despite now being convinced that the ice colour doesn’t matter at all I have still placed on the 3 darkest pieces of ice I could find (shadow turquoise, shadow green and strong mustard) … just in case, haha. I will fertilize and then head to bed. Will report back with the results when I wake!

1 Like

Yikes you used black gleam. Best of luck

black? good luck :smiley:

Well the closest colours to black are

Black
Night Azure
Night Orange
Night Green
Shadow Mustard
Dark Grey
Shadow Yellow
Shadow Turquoise
Dark Turquoise
Shadow Cerulean
Dark Cerulean
Night Fuchsia
Night Lilac
Dark Mustard
Dark Berry
Dark Yellow

So I expect all the results to be within this sort of range, with the largest number being black based on @FireAngelDth results.

I almost convinced myself to use shadow cerulean… haha. But just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Next test will be with Dark Cerulean.

Results Update

2 plants have matured… both were Night Green :partying_face: lol Interestingly these were the ones planted on Shadow Turquoise and Night Green ice… but I’m quite sure that’s just a coincidence as night green is one of the most likely results for a random mutation.

3rd one matured and remained black. I have planted 5 more. Updates after work tomorrow.

I used no gleam just dark green glacier and got darker colors than planted except a dark mustard and orange. Planted 2 of each on same glacier and most changed to different colors with just sunlight

Not 100% sure, but I was looking around in the .json data earlier and noticed this bit if it is any interest.

mutations

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be higher when nothing says tint may change or tint toward … like goo does (dripstone is goo I’m guessing). Just my personal opinion

Yeah that was my guess too.

1 Like