CANDY TOTEM tint?

Should be higher than other two sense informed that it’s tinting towards this or that color.

Yeah, honestly no idea what the numbers correlate to… just noticed that it had the same mutation number as the spiders.

1 Like

I would have probably kept breaking them if I saw tinting towards another color till it stayed as the color I planted it as :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok so 50% of my black seeds should “statistically” mature into black candy canes. It’s good to know the actual figures.

I look at random mutations as a bell curve model, and for the candy canes it appears to have been widened in comparison to goo mutations… so if it is a widened bell curve that probably indicates that there is also a higher probability of more extreme mutations.

This is why I decided to use black seeds as a test as I can safely say after planting thousands of black goo that it only mutates to night green, orange, fuchsia, azure and maybe blue as well? Oh and dark grey. But never to any “shadow” colour or other “dark” colours, so if some of my 25 totems end up more varied than that…

I’ll have to do another count. But im fairly certain that some of the ones that were still growing last I checked mutated away from warm orange.

Yeah, it is very possible that that figure from the json data plugs into a formula somewhere… so might not be a true figure, but it should end up being similar to what people saw with the spiders… I think.

1 Like

I mean I got some shadow and dark cerulean from dark green glacier so I’m happy lol wasted no gleam

As per a dev in a post back when when goo came out… goo can mutate on rock.

My gut feeling just seeing those numbers @Soju-VB found is that 50% should stay warm orange, statistically they should, but that would be the case if you were to plant say 10,000 warm orange seeds. But with only 25 seeds planted it is also possible, but unlikely, to have all 25 mutate to random colours or all 25 to stay warm orange.

I did statistics at high school like 25 years ago now so I dont know the exact probabilities or how to calculate any exact figures for you but that is the basic mechanics I believe.

Some maths wiz might be able to explain it better. But I believe there are only 2 numbers you need to describe a bell curve right? The median and the standard deviation size?

In our case the warm orange will be the median and the standard deviation number will be related to that 0.5

Goo always randomnly mutates to a nearby colour with a given chance. Goo ‘also’ steps 1 towards the colour of gleam it is planted in. For rock that means random mutation only.

Spider takes the colour of the block, and then randomnly mutates in the same way.

Candy works like goo (only cant replant seeds after), 1 step towards the ice colour and random mutation.

4 Likes

So the ice is a factor!!?!?!

Thankyou for clarifying this.

Damn… I left 2 black seeds planted on night green and shadow turquoise ice and im 10 hours from home time lol… 2 more night green totems incoming :partying_face:

Wish I would have known that from the get go. Wouldn’t have planted my seeds

1 Like

Why did I get strong cherry from shadow red candy seed planted in teal color ice and strong cherry from shadow red candy planted in dark green glacier? Shouldn’t it have gone separate ways??? Not both to strong cherry? Both planted in just sunlight but both came out the same

All you have done is shifted your seed colour 1 step towards the ice colour and then you still have random variations from there.

Strong cherry just happens to be very likely when you step either way I guess.

I see similar things when mutating goo and i think I’m starting to understand better now.

For instance… when I plant night fuchsia on shadow fuchsia gleam i get mixed results but say 50% shadow fuchsia. If I plant night fuchsia goo on strong cherry gleam I get like 90% shadow fuchsia.

2 Likes

Yup 4 of the 24 I planted stayed warm orange :persevere:

Oh wow ouch… what colour ice did you plant on?

And what other colour totems did you get as a result? I could trade the gleam and candy canes you used to create them if you like? As I’m just going to be making mine into fancy coloured loot sticks, lol.