Cannot replace storage blocks

Just wondering how this is possible:

I removed 18 storage blocks, and it is only replacing 9, saying I have reached the mesh limit.

How is it possible that I had those in place already with no issue, but cannot replace them with the same item? (just different colour)

the mesh limit is per chunk, not per plot-column and not per-plot, so if the bits of the chunk you haven’t beaconed regenerated and inserted surface-resources say, that would have pushed the mesh-limit over the top in which case yes, you can remove meshes, but not replace them until you remove some extra meshes elsewhere.

So what would the area of the chunk be?

The area I removed and then tried to replace has at least 2/3 beaconed plots to either side, where nothing has changed!

I’ll remove some beams and poles, that should let me replace it.

Its on Alcyon as well, there doesn’t tend to be much in the way of people gathering, so not much really to regenerate.

I can fix it, just seemed odd in the spot it’s at.

Does combustion fraction count as a mesh?

I’ve just grown a bunch which is directly under where I’m working.

That would be the only change, but I thought farming crops did not count towards mesh limit?

combustion fraction and the decorative crops are full meshes, the rest are “foliage” like grass.

Urk, that is what it will be :confused:

Are they meshes only when mature then?

As I was able to plant them in the first place.

they are always meshes… but there may well not be a check on the mesh limit when seeding them. going to have to check/fix that one!

Oh now look what you did :crying_cat_face:

Oops! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Can you hang on a bit until I replant my field!

fixed for the next release… the mesh limit is there for performance reasons of all users, so this is quite important.

I’ve just realised how much of a disaster this will be to my build if I now have to change it all.

I spent loads of time setting up, and if I now can’t plant I’m gonna have to rip it all up and do it again.

Feck.

Can you send someone round to rebuild my farm area please?

1 Like

I know how you feel Fida, it’s what I encountered when building my new place on Trung, started with basement for storage then when I finally finished it I went to place my machines, first machine placed, thirteenth coil could not be placed due to hitting limit.

I had finished the building itself as well already and soooo didn’t want to redo the lot but had to anyway…

If you need some help, lemme know…

Thanks.

If the mesh check had been in place like it was supposed to, it would have flagged earlier for me to do things differently with combustion, so would have been less of a pain.

Looking at it, the best thing I can do is remove all the storage on the half of my storage floor I don’t use so much. Then swap the combustion and kindling fields, so the kindling is under the storage blocks, this will just be a case of swapping the corruption for bitumen and chiselling a few more lava channels.

Then I just need to think what to do with that half of the floor I am leaving empty.

Maybe even move all my machines there, or something.

But for now, remove the excess storage blocks, and swap the farms over.

Oh, and if you are still offering, any help would be much appreciated!

Machines are meshes tho…

Are we sure kindling is not also a mesh? Oh wait, Luca didn’t mention it so that should be ok then yeah.

Sure in about 40 to 50 minutes I will swing by and help!