Can't connect to server error on Steam Deck

Just got a Steam Deck, downloaded Boundless, but it gets to where it says “pakathecat LOGGED IN” then spins awhile and times out with this message. Thanks for any help here, would love to play on this if possible! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like yer shite’s broke @wünderstünk.

(Sorry @bucfanpaka; hope it works for you… eventually… :v:)

1 Like

Sadly Boundless is untested on the Steam Deck and probably unsupported if I were to guess. My son had the same issue on his Steam Deck.

1 Like

Mhmm.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I think there should be log files for the game, can you get those? It’s possible Proton or whatever has a compatibility issue we could figure out without the devs.

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: Couldn’t find any on it I’m afraid.

I admit now maybe shouldn’t have started this thread since I’m probably the worst person here to try to do troubleshooting with, @MadManMoon had some suggestions in the other thread that might possibly work but the thing is, since it is working well with everything else and I’m REALLY not good at this sort of stuff, I’d rather not go changing things and possibly mess things up with everything else, so unless a dev does know of a working solution here for sure, I’m going to just let it go - though others who get Steam Decks later and aren’t totally tech dumb like me :sweat_smile: might be cool with taking over here and seeing if any tinkering around might work.

fyi … steam client beta just had 2 updates in the last hour or so … so it could have been a ‘thing’ …

1 Like

I’M IN!!! :grin:
@majorvex - Can close! :smiley:

I’ll put more info in the other thread!

4 Likes

yay - anchorman

1 Like

OP plans to continue on this thread I wonder how well Boundless will run on the Steam Deck