Can't have anything fun

We don’t get flowing water/lava due to griefing and lag issues… James said we will never get red stone, due to lag and server loads… what makes this game better than mine-craft again? Portals? or is the the visual aspect of “planets”?

Here is a great idea! Let’s make a minecraft like game, then take away everything that was fun with minecraft…We will call it Boundless…or Not so Boundless…

2 Likes

Flowing water bogs down even Minecraft servers. Who wants to go to town and nearly crash from everybody’s flowing water every time? Same with redstone… just takes too much processing power.

2 Likes

But those things, are a huge key of WHY minecraft is popular. Take them away and you have what? Lego world?

Somethings deserve sacrfices even if you have to limit their power.

2 Likes

I really don’t think minecraft is popular only because you can place water of lava block lol .
Redstone is one of reason minecraft is popular, yes.
But Boundless has smarter AI / better graphic / forge system/ more shape…etc

Boundless is Boundless, not Minecraft.

6 Likes

blah blah

what have minecraft that boundless not have?

1. Redstone (not really working well on servers with alot ppl when even only 1 is using it heavently)
  2. Water/Lava bukkets (im sure they will add this again as feature)

so 1. is kinda not really practicable in big multiplayer servers, 2. is a thing that will come later.

if redstone is so important for you, then go play minecraft.

i Stay with boundless because:

1. static world (no reset, wipes or restart because some admin went inactive or an update came or some other ■■■■ happend)
  2. various colors and blocks to build +chisel gives more possibilities than minecraft (and more will come)
  3. i from EU can play with ppl from australia and usa, on minecraft i would have to permamently play with a lag on an AUS server, and there would only be aussies. i like the “all over the world 2gether” thing.
  4. no cheaters (so far) no admins that are just playing in creative or flying around and act like the are “playing”, everything i see in game is 100% made with hard work (gathering the blocks etc) , in MC i need allways to question myself “um world edit?, creative?” when i see something impressive.
  5. i can play with friend of mine that use PS4 (when im on PC)
  6. Better feeling of progression, on MC i just need to get dia tools, ggwp.
  7. a real economy that is actually working (even when some ppl say it does not work, it works) instead of boring ugly npcs that are just selling stuff out from the void, its cool to buy something and having in mind that someone worked for this item/s.
22 Likes

Minecraft was popular way before they introduced Redstone. Boundless has been live for a few months. I get bored of minecraft less than an hour in. I’ve lost count of how many hours I’ve spent on Boundless and there is still so much I haven’t done/want to see.

5 Likes

I think the redstone feature can be solved with Spark Cord and Spark Generators. I just don’t think we’ll have massive custom built piston doors or massive redstone devices that do only one thing.

I do think that having spark powered pre-fab things would work. So if you wanted a vehicle hanger in some sort of underground base then I think it’s reasonable to figure out a way to make vehicle hanger doors that are affordable to put in the game both on developer time and bandwidth cost. We already have doors and trap doors that sort of have this functionality that don’t require Spark. Perhaps it’s worth looking into for Spark powered devices, props, and other decorative and functional things.

Same goes for powering up existing lanterns with Spark. Could make their light source extend out further. There could even be an entire logic system implemented for Spark so that Spark powered objects get powered up or down during the day/night cycle or maybe even when a player is in proximity of the object.

There probably are ways to make things work. The game is only going to get better and more robust on both the back end and front end of the game. So having pre-fab redstone devices could very well be possible in the future. I don’t recall James ever saying it would never be a thing though.

3 Likes

Who need buckets my old place did not use them i had loads off water futures

10 Likes

Mine craft is better because redstone & water? HAHA
Minecraft gfx are horrid, building is limited.

And have you actually played on huge networks in Minecraft? people actually make Lag machines from redstones and minecarts XD is awful

2 Likes

is it hard to compare minecraft to boundless cuz they are different beasts but saying boundless is better cuz it looks prettier is a gross simplification yes you can do more in boundless but the worlds are also a lot emptier and once you build your build the fact you got a lot of colors to choose form i feel des not really add anything.

the thing is yea minecraft looks worse but its also 1000% more successful then boundless…minecraft sold a million copies while it was still in alpha being made by 1 person. so there is Merit is looking at what minecraft has and puting a boundless spin on it yea the minecraft red stone system would not work cuz of lag machines but that des not mean we cant have some kind of wireing system in the game (even if a bit limited) to allow for auto opening doors or lights that turn on and off when entering your home and i dont think adding lava or water buckets would lag the server out that badly.

5 Likes

for me not able to place water or lava has not stopped me from enjoying the game really.

There’s a pretty cool game thats just like minecraft… its called minecraft.

Theres also a different game called boundless, which is different to minecraft, but also cool.

It is actually possible to have 2 different cool games, with different features… and you can play them both for different reasons.

This incredibly informative public service announcement was brought to you by the letters ‘pleasedontmakeanotherminecraftclone’, and the number 4.

Thank you.

21 Likes

All of you convinced me! I shall finally buy minecraft! All public portals shall be closing in 24 hours. I hope you guys have a wonderful time here! Thanks for the advice.

6 Likes

:ok_hand:

10 char limit

1 Like

100% agree :grin:

Different person and yes he has played Boundless.

Also, there’s nothing wrong with the concept of Hytale. I wouldn’t judge the game based off not playing it though. It’s most definitely going to be a different beast than Minecraft even though the developers of the game are people who created the Hypixel servers on Minecraft. It’ll be different than Minecraft. Just like Boundless is different than Minecraft.

1 Like

What is Hytale? Also I have played

I also own, thousands of plots and millions of coin. The game offers me nothing anymore, which is why I am bored.

Different person. Odin is pretty successful and doing well supporting themself in Boundless. They’re sharp on their facts as well and generously opened a public yam farm that ppl appreciate.

I don’t like posting in threads like this, but some of these comments are just narrow-minded or even hostile.
Why are ppl so eager to jump down another’s throat?

The op wasn’t offensive and seems to come from the idea of “yes! It would be great to have more things that could be considered just for fun”
How many other threads have asked for water, lava, or even red stone? Many. Why is this one different?
Granted, red stone is probably trade marked, but it’s what red stone could do that ppl love. Get something in that has similar qualities and ppl will love it.

This was a post asking for fun things, while listing some examples, and it was taken out of context.

6 Likes

I have a water feature in my workshop… if you get creative you can work with water. Not every game is meant for everyone.

1 Like

Also the issues with redstone can be bypassed by using the same HARD-LIMIT the game uses for other intractables.

Don’t give people free rain to use thousands…They can cap them at like 20 switches tops… Also make abuse a report-able offence.