Can't have anything fun

Comment has been deleted as it was based on you being someone you are not and is therefore irrelevant.
However I am curious if you expect a game that has been out of EA for 4.5 months to have the same content as a game that has been out since 2009.
I would ask that you compare the two games (as Minecraft is now) in a decade as then it will be an equal match instead of a David vs. Goliath.
IMO as it is now boundless is the better game solely because I’m an mmo fan and it’s an mmo. Minecraft feels more like a solo/ co-op experience when I play it.
Just my 2 cents tho.

Uhm… the game was in Early Access for four years… Just because they call it a “release” does not mean the game just came out.

What’s Minecraft?

3 Likes

Uhm that’s still half the time Minecraft has been out xD. Also that’s from Minecraft official release idk if it had betas or EA or anything like that.

minecraft was in a kind of EA for 2 years 2009 to late 2011 (alpha,beta ) and even before full launch had a good chunk of content

1 Like

It did. But I can understand where @OdinsRavens 's problems with the game lacking content the way it does. It’s one of the reasons I don’t play as much but I am trying to get back into the game and stay motivated.

1 Like

I remember Minecraft in 2013 and I would say the content then was equal to what we have in boundless. As when I play Minecraft it goes like this… join server chop tree get torches from tree get stone explore cave get iron dig to depth 12 get diamond and I’m bored quit.

Enemies -creepers skeletons zombies and spiders that’s only 4 enemy types (honestly didn’t get to the end back then if it did exist so can’t say if the ended dragon existed or not) we have 6

Logic gates/power- I dont remember if red stone was a thing either but we have spark and spark can easily be evolved to power logic gates so I feel it’s only a matter of time before we get them.

Blocks- didn’t do a full count obviously but I can tell you there was a fraction of what exists in Minecraft today and with the color options of boundless and chiseling I would say less then boundless as well.

Armor - boundless needs this IMO point to minecraft

Animals - another thing Minecraft has that boundless doesn’t but I kinda like that you get food and resources from hostile animals instead of just going and slaughtering your local cow population.

WAter/lava blocks - another point to Minecraft as I would love this in boundless but not at the expense of it being playable.

Idk what else but that’s what I could think of off the top of my head. Enchanting maybe? Forging is better weapons? Minecraft had 2 we have 2. Exploration? IMO houches alone is better than anything I ever saw in Minecraft. Dungeons? They had small ones and idk if fortresses and mine shafts were a thing back then or not can’t remember them though but we have meteors to cover that. Will admit exploring mine shafts and fortresses was more fun then meteors though but they have said they want to add those things in temples with guardians and titans.So I’m honestly confused here

Where as I have yet to run out of things to in boundless maybe it’s the fact that it’s a mmo and not a solo/co-op experience but it seems like there is a reason to do everything that just didn’t ever exist in Minecraft for me. I will openly admit though that I never fully explored Minecraft as it got boring really fast for me.

How long was MC out before redstone was added? At least 3 years I think? Really even after redstone was added, the game was fairly feature bare until after Microsoft bought it.

2 Likes

Well then give us the ability to spawn/capture/enable spawning mobs in areas inside of a plot. Might find interest in stuff like that… Maybe even make Arenas.

I don’t even care about breeding. We can capture monsters in the real world, why not in a pretend?

1 Like

I’ll be honest I want to build a labyrinth and am waiting for traps and mob spawners as well…

2 Likes

Seems to me that if you don’t agree with someone/something that you like to throw this out there. You saw how many hours he played tho, right? And then telling him the game isn’t for him? Hi. La. Ri. Ous!

3 Likes

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Timeline_of_events
Just gonna put this here so people can actually find out what it had and what got addded over the years.

1 Like

I guess my point when I say that comes from when someone lists a myriad of reasons why they don’t like a game, enough to put it on a forum, that is what comes to mind. I’ve played games I didn’t like for a bunch of reasons. I truly mean no offense by it. It just is what it is.

1 Like

Godwin’s law strikes again :frowning:

Followed by Censorship.

Not that I flagged it or would have but it kind of came of like an attack

1 Like

Well, insulting by implications is still insulting.

And a post that gets reported gets hidden, not censored, anyone still wanting to read it can do so.

So not sure how you get to censorship from that.

3 Likes

how many games are there, that needs you to play >1000 hours to get bored?
most games are boring after 20 hours.

i dont see the point what the problem is here?
u had >1000 hours of fun, now its boring. ok move on play sometheing else and check back after a few months to see new content etc.

12 Likes

Actually that is exactly what that means.

1 Like

Fluids: We’re looking to include fluid placement in the coming farming update. Everyone needs some lava irrigation!

Redstone: As already discussed, the issue with implementing a logic system in Boundless would be finding a solution that is scalable against the number of players and logic gates on a world. Everyone has seen videos of Minecraft running slowly due to complex redstone systems. This wouldn’t be viable with Boundless where everyone is sharing the same worlds. I’m very happy to explore ideas but they need to make sense with the configuration of the simulation in Boundless.

32 Likes