Can't have anything fun

Yeah, when I hit the reply button I thought of that too, at least it got my point across that not everything that we might want this sorta thing for has to be taxing on the servers!

I don’t really consider any of that to be automation at all.

Anymore then I would consider getting up out of a chair and turning a light switch to turn on the lights in a room to be automation, or removing a candle from a wall mounted candle holder to open a passageway that is hidden by a bookcase to be automation.

Cool, then we don’t need the automation you’re thinking off! Problem solved!

We don’t really need the the thing your thinking of either. Problem solved?

Furthermore at no point did I say we needed any type of automation whatsoever. The root of everything I mentioned is in regards to why boundless is even less like FTB then it is minecraft. and in refering to the types of systems that FTB offers, nothing more. If you are reading something else into what I said. then you mistake the point of what i said. and is only in response/about the below statement

Ok, I assumed we were still talking about generic more interactive things like secret doors, etc.

I don’t know what FTB is, never played Minecraft so hence the confusion!

My bad!

I’ve never played Minecraft, nor do I want to. I do play Boundless and I like it. No game can satisfy everyone. I work with the game, and I appreciate it’s own complexities. In other words, I am here to have fun, and I am succeeding.

I have never played it either, i have watched my kids. and the gfx hurt my eyes.

I believe the lag comes from the server pushing the updated, total available spark values from the spark core to each of the spark links to the machines, and vice versa when we craft things and use spark (or start a craft and cancel it again). In order to prevent us from potentially having every chunk in the server actively calculating block updates from a single system when links or spark values change, they limited the length of spark lines per face

think his title triggers people and is not needed (james said in other post they bringing liquids back with farming cause he said we need lava to farm)
he makes a good point but why put title like that doesn’t seem necessary to make his point
also minecraft like game ?
isnt it called a voxelbased sandbox
this title is not that bad but this forum has a history off these kind off titles to give game a bad rep imo so he could have been just a little less in your face with it
people get defensive cause off such titles
just saying :smile:
im sure he means well but it doesn’t hurt to watch out with wording things
not defending others here just sharing my opinion
its implying he has nothing fun dont think thats true

1 Like

Any sufficiently advanced technology will appear to be magic to the non-initiates of the art. OOH the wizard did it!!

I once modified my mp3 player (Perl: use Win32::Mediaplayer; use Tk;) to connect to the http server that my LSL titler in SecondLife implemented, so it would display the song I was listening to when it changed in the mp3 player.pl A little automation=information display=technology=ooh_the_wizard goes a long ways.

=)