Can't slope chisel or lattice chisel Decorative Ice

Is there a reason for this or is this supposed to be possible?

Tried last night and now have to rethink my design for a build

It should be chiselable.

What type of chisel were you trying?

I would have thought a low tier one would suffice, but maybe needs a gem for some reason?

You definitely cannot slope chisel it. You can however bevel it.

Also, I’ve noticed the unchiseled blocks have a lovely blended texture, but if you chisel the block the blending disappears

Do you mean when you chisel a block, it no longer blends into the block next to it?

If so, I like that feature too much :joy:

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t blend at all on any sides even if you only chisel on one corner.
I love the blended colours… annoying that it gets rid of it

1 Like

Same thing happens with corruption, I’ve actually used it for specific effets - like corruption creeping up my wall but not my floor…

1 Like

Well it can be bevel chiseled and square chiseled but cannot be slope or lattice chiseled.

I use almost exclusively gems chisels as I can stack one of each of the current chisel types in spot.

Havent tried lower tier chisels however.

2 Likes

Gem chisels almost exclusively.

Sorry - I should have been clearer.

It should be chiselable, and it’s not, we’ll get it fixed.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :partying_face:
This is my new favourite block, glad it’s gonna be fully chiselable (is that a word?)
Will the blending still be removed when chiselled? Sounds like its intentional if it happens to corruption and other similarly blendable blocks

That is awesome news. I eagerly await the fix and thanks for the quick response.

It is intentional :slight_smile:

One thing I’d like to see with blending - currently grass goes on top of corruption, and verdant grass goes on top of barbed grass. I think corruption should go on top of grass - and barbed grass on top of verdant grass.