Cash shop? wait what?

I can understand this. Grinding random things just to be able to build more with the materials you already have seems counter-intuitive. I think a lot of people like progression though, myself included. I’m not sure there’s a way to make everyone happy. At the same time I think you still get a decent number of plots with normal leveling. It’s certainly a pain, but not the end of the world. I understand that you find it more painful than me.

2 Likes

True it isn’t. It has just always been at the low end of the spectrum versus the high end. People have been up in arms about gems and fiberous leaf distributions and asked for a better balance. Most of us builders just don’t really feel “heard by the developers” because of how things have changed for the worse toward plots.

Personally I think that has been a lot of the problem behind acceptance of the exchange outside of the other real money factors.

After wipe and at level 50 will really be the only way to determine if things are balanced or not for plots. But anyone trying to build more than 1 thing that is of decent size will not like this game due to the grind required to achieve it.

I’m gonna have to mute this topic.

The horse is dead people - stop beating it.

We get it, some of you don’t like it (and many don’t understand it - which is the bigger problem imo)

It is what it is, at some point you either grow to understand and become okay with it or decide its too cumbersome and you don’t like it and you play another game :man_shrugging:

I’ll be sad to see you go! But I understand. Goodbye!

4 Likes

Thank you! lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow what a disappointing way to communicate and try to build a community aspect. Instead you could have respected the people that had a different view and not been condescending… We get you don’t agree but you don’t respond with the arrogance saying - oh we will be sad to see you go. That just exudes disrespect and talking down to people from a high horse of morality that you know better.

From the aspect of those not liking the “exchange and recent design decisions” we like hope those “fans” that can’t see the forrest through the trees actually leave the game because they are ruining it with their myopic viewpoints.

The sad point is none of us know what will happen when the game goes live. But even those people that were against the recent decisions wanted the BEST for the game. And those people that just shot them down instead of actually trying to make the game better are the ones that hurt it the most.

Sure the game will survive but it if the reviews do go the way many think in being all bad - then the small group of fans will continue to eat this game alive into a select niche game. Which is really sad for everyone.

If multiple threads is the problem, are we still allowed to respond in this thread?

I think that’s what I’ve been saying. Everything they currently plan to put on the exchange is inconsequential. speculating about some horrible thing they might put on the exchange isn’t really valuable. We can contribute opinions about it when they talk about adding it. I’m confident that they wont randomly add controversial things abruptly as they have consistently requested community feedback about everything up until this point. I listed a bunch of horrible things that they shouldn’t add as the first reply to the other thread. I see no difference in speculating about those things than the items you’re speculating about.

Adding bad things to the game is bad… yup…

1 Like

How about you just delete everything which you don’t like ?
A forum only allow one voice ?

I don’t think anything was said in the other thread that wasn’t already said here multiple times. noones voice was muted. nothing was deleted.

1 Like

Alright, that makes sense.

I feel it’s worth talking about and generating ideas to help monetize the game. The more they can sell on the cash shop that doesn’t bother customers, the more likely this game gets new content. That’s why I wanted to debate possible additions to the cash shop, to see what the community might be okay with.

I thought inventory expansion was risky, but probably okay, but for me personally, I drew the line at crafting time reduction. I felt that shouldn’t be added as a possible cash shop item.

I had wanted other people to chip in also, give some ideas.

Thanks for being level-headed. I think the problem is too many people tried to piggyback onto a discussion we were having and I should’ve just kept it the discussion to you.

I think everyone should contribute, but debating speculation vs speculation is a recipe for frustration, and rarely is valuable because there’s always a 3rd option.

I think this would only provide a short term advantage, as a player without this hypothetical perk would just make a couple more machines. Currently I have 8 of each machine and honestly it’s excessive and I could never keep them all going.

1 Like

I think what would help is an official Dev post, where they just ask for ideas on more ways to monetize, that way we can each submit a big post on the things we’d be okay with spending money on, and why, and thus avoid what happened in my previous thread.

they did.

6 Likes

Would just like to say, in closing on this topic (for me), why don’t we all take a look at the exchange after the new universe is stood up and then come back here with feedback based on our experience in the live game? I respect everyone’s opinion but let’s see how it plays out. I’m confident many of us will be level 50 the first week of the new universe so let’s take a look at things at that point and provide constructive feedback to the devs at that time. If we come away feeling that something is truly wrong after doing so, I’m confident the devs will take that feedback and either have a day 1 patch ready to adjust things or tweak things in the first patch out the door.

5 Likes

I’m not so confident XD

But I agree with the rest. Speculating about a hypothetical problem isn’t valuable :S

6 Likes

This thread really didn’t need to go beyond my last post. To people complaining like this, just say goodbye and ignore them.

This has been a huge discussion, mostly pretty productive too. I wanted to jump in to let you know we are reading through everything, no one is being ignored. There’s a lot of content here, and lots of different opinions flying around. But let’s not be too quick to disengage with a thread like this, people are welcome to debate any topic here and this one in particular was always going to be “hot”.

Just keep the debate civil and sensible, let everyone talk, and listen to each other.

We’ll continue listening and discuss internally all the points made.

10 Likes

If this happens the developers majorly messed up on balance and the ability for people to level. It likely should take months for people playing regularly to reach level 50 otherwise many players will then start complaining that there is no “end game”. I do agree we need to see how things play out but I certainly hope level 50 isn’t that easy.

2 Likes

me neither took me 1000hours last time :smile:

1 Like

If everyone were not starting at level one then I would agree in less than a week a ton of people would be level 50 as they would be doing going through group portals to group hunts and leveling in a matter of days. However, with everyone starting at level one there are no group hunts and no portals to get there with or weapons to use in them. Thank goodness! Too many people never really experienced starting as they joined and were handed weapons and went straight to group hunts leveling to level 50 within a few days and then made their character whatever they wished. Many have skipped leveling essentially that way and have no experience in life before portals and group hunts. They are in for a rude surprise. lol Personally, I wish starter planets had no portals ever and you first had to level high enough to get yourself off the starter planet before you could have portals available. Let the starter planets be for starting and learning. Then the cool stuff can be looked forward to when you are able to go to the planets for people with some experience.

3 Likes

As someone who most enjoyed the early hours of this game running around soaking in all the different worlds, I’d be very sad to see this implemented. Fantastic new game, huge universe and… sorry, you can’t see it for 200 hours.

2 Likes