Cash shop? wait what?

Don’t forget what you post 3hr ago.

I just see plain creatures of some sort. There is no gender. I can’t stand people wanting ways to discriminate. Been through too much myself.

you are right, im going ot go back to just watching the melt down. I just take it as a personal attack when people think gender doesn’t matter when they have lived their entire lives in a world catered around their gender.

When games have genders I make half my characters one and half the other. My characters in Boundless until the last week (my current character is Ootang I think… you pick what gender you believe it is… I have no idea and don’t care) have almost exclusively had Lakota names which most people (all other than me?) would have no idea if they are traditionally male or female names. In truth, some are traditionally male, some are traditionally female, and some are common with both.

In American Indian traditions, some nations have matriarchal systems, some patriarchal, and also a common one in the 500+ nations is males are in charge of war usually and perhaps hunting. Women are in charge of most everything else. Religion is divided where only males teach males and females teach females as they have different things to learn.

Discrimination will never leave earth as long as people insist on dividing themselves into genders, races, religions, etc. It’s sad.

i’m not sure but it sounds like you are implying that because i have a problem with there only being male models in most games, that I am some how perpetuating sexism for asking for females? >.>? i’m confused.

anyways, it doesn’t matter. im off to go play games. night

1 Like

I hope we get the character creation soon so this discussion is finally over.

4 Likes

Wait a sec ppl, the ONLY metric in boundless that is ranked for all to see is Prestige.

So if you can get more plots faster by paying for cubits, therefore being able to allow you to rank #1 faster than anyone not buying cubits… Didn’t you just p2w?

Maybe I’m not understanding something. Is there a lvl cap on plots? is there a max plots?

If you paid to be #1 and then someone else goes to #1 after lvling for a week, then used their 300 cubits to buy 10 plots, and filled it with presige diamonds (all pretty-like). Then you sign on, see you are #2, buy cubits, buy plots, fill them with pretty goodies, and reclaim #1… rinse-repeat. isnt that p2w?

just asking, please don’t rage respond, this is just a discussion… put the guns away…

1 Like

yes, you are correct, you still have to put in the work to be rewarded. I’m just comparing 2 players with equal levels (say 41), plenty of time to have gathered resources to build with. only difference is one is limited by space, and one is technically not?

You can only fit so much prestige into a plot. player A has 100 plots jammed with 1million prestige. player b has 100 plots jammed with 1million prestige, and then purchased 50 plots and jammed in an extra 1/2million prestige. player A cant fit that much prestige into his 100 plots.

2 Likes

Prestige only matters really if you are a builder and even then it only really matters if you choose to make it important to you. Most of us could care less who has prestige. We aren’t competing against anyone at all, so, prestige is irrelevant.

For those that do care about prestige they don’t usually use a ton of plots. Just use high prestige materials and cram plots underground or wherever you like full of prestige. You either buy or craft the materials and create useless blocks. Now you have a ton of prestige. Silly idea to me. Prestige is best just ignored it seems to me as there isn’t anything prestigious about it, so, it seems poorly named.

I often wonder if prestige was created just so people who insist on competing would have something to have a score in and compete.

3 Likes

I agree, it doesnt matter to me at all as well. Boundless is a game where you can do whatever you want. I chose to be a shop owner, my goal was make an awesome shop. Shop the Concrete Corner for all your needs! <—shameless plug get!

I had a goal and shot for it. Someone elses goal might be “collect 10,000 shadow orbs”. Now there is no game mechanic to rank shops, or to say who has the most shadow orbs. You can say “i have the best shop” “i have the most orbs”, but there is nothing to point to to prove that, so any Cash Shop will not help you win best shop. cause its not a thing. No way to beat the game, no way to be p2w… cause you cant win. You decide what your goal is.

Except there IS a way to be #1

In fact, there is only one way to be #1. Regardless of whether you care about it or not, it is the only measurable metric in-game. It allows someone to say, “I own the BEST settlement on PlanetX, it says so right there”. Due to the prestige mechanic, there is a way to “win” PlanetX. He just bought more plots and jammed them with prestige than anyone else. So he paid to win PlanetX, right?

His settlement might not be as impressive as the big pokemon you built. But the game says it is.

3 Likes

lol I suppose if someone really wants to compete they can point to the metric. The only problem is most people are not competing, don’t care and don’t look at the metric. So, it’s a rather hollow “victory” when most people you are “competing with” are not competing with you and ignore all your bragging just looking at you as a bag of hot air. People that do that are best ignored. As you said, Boundless you create your own goals and be happy with what you do. If it really were a competition I wouldn’t have ever gotten the game. The only #1 anyone should be concerned with the performance of is themselves. The metric is ignored by most. If being the head of a planet turns you on just rent a planet and you don’t have to even compete. You got the title that you likely don’t care about anyway.

3 Likes

Many people keep bringing up this argument but that means they keep missing the real point people are trying to make around purchasing plots. This has nothing in the long run to deal with growing prestige by work. It is about the potential and other major factors on people using cash.

Thats just it there is not a space limit… Space is easy to come bye…

If you can realistically properly build on 12 plots in a given day and you can easily attain 12 plots in a given day for free… the guy who bought 24 still only has enough time to build on the same area the other guy got for free…

On a different note I am a Viceroy of a Planet and I can tell you I won nothing!!! It has zero perks to go with it I don’t receive any tax money nothing its just fancy title… and a Steam achievement…

1 Like

I was wondering if someone was able to buy as many plots as they want (if money was no object to them) and they subscribed to the gleam club does that mean they can just run around putting down beacons pretty much wherever they want (obviously only in unclaimed plots) and never have to think about them again so long as they continue to pay for the gleam club. If anyone wants to greiff then isn’t this just handing it to them on a plate and even if someone isn’t intentionally greiffing they could easily loss track of many of their beacons and end up unintentionally causing problems for others.

1 Like

I have been thinking about this. Just a few thoughts.

1. They will use $$ to get plots, that gives them an advantage!

A) plots do not equal the ability to build. Gathering materials is still required which is time consuming. Any plots you can buy, you could earn just by playing. It accelerates you toward your personal goal, but as the game has no ‘end’ another will get the same number of plots just by playing.

B) People want to build with many plots, it benefits us all! It is a communal game. Cool builds being around attract players.

C) Without someone telling you that they bought plots…how would you know? In 3 months some of us will have hundreds of hours played. How would you know which builds were made with purchased plots? As the game keeps going purchased plots matters less and less.

D) most large builds require a group to complete. If some buy plots, others won’t. Which means builds will be a mix of bought and not. Any amount of bought plots can be outdone by working with more people. Since each person added to the project can add their plots. This will always outpace buying plots.

1. A person can do a lot of skill changes, this gives them advantage!

A) how would I know if they did or didn’t do this? I can’t see played time, or current skills…unless someone told me I would never know.

B) communities working together will always outpace this option. Communities are free and encouraged. This option is inefficient using the games mechanics.

C) if one person wants to do this, they will add to the community via selling things or building things. Yay.

As the game progresses these points become less and less important, relavent and impactful. Even if a person gains a small “advantage” on something, it can be made up via playing the game. Also, it helps the community by adding to what is built / sold…so it benefits us all.

Lastly, there is no end. So if you have an “advantage”…who cares? It is for one point in time that doesn’t matter and passes. Now it is a new day and the “advantage” is gone. Since play times are irregular…people will was and wane in their collection of materials and building process.

If someone spends $1000 on the game monthly. They are still outplaced by 2-5 people working together. The game supports working together. But the output of the $1000 person is still helpful to us all <3

I have not seen anything that is a real advantage in the scheme of the game.

Just my thoughts.

4 Likes

For me personally, it could be a good thing to buy a number of plots early in order to claim some land and get going. But in the long run, after a few years, I think that I will probably have more plots than I need. So less interest in buying plots later on, I think.

1 Like

@Tagris … i agree with all your points but the thing I was asking is a completely different point. If someone wants to greiff and they can afford to buy as many plots as they want and never have to fuel them so long as they subscribe to the gleam club then can’t that be open to abuse? I’m not talking about prestige or building etc just the potential for someone to be able to legitimately put down as many plots as they want if they decide they want to block other people’s builds or simply because they just happen to be an A hole :poop:

2 Likes

So what if it snows in the Sahara desert and what if we get a heat wave in Antarctica…

GreyArt, you could get in an accident tomorrow will driving to work maybe you should walk!
Your computer’s power supply could blow and take out the motherboard, perhaps you shouldn’t turn your computer on…

That’s how I look at this issue… Yes perhaps that happen’s and we really don’t know what to do until we cross that bridge, a person can prepare for only so many instances of things but that example is beyond the scope of reasonable preparation…

I understand your point. but you can grief without buying plots. . look at what happened with the red gleam incident a while back. A group of players could get together or a person can buy alts to gain plots so the same thing can happen a number of ways without buying plots. I understand you are pointing out a possibility. My concern is that we can imagine a lot of ways that some one can grief other players. I think we may just have to address them as they happen and get the developers to either address the situation with the individual or look at ways to curtail the behavior in the future.

1 Like

You are all absolutely right so I’ll keep my concerns to my myself in the future :grin: :zipper_mouth_face: my apologies for mentioning such a trivial thing :face_with_hand_over_mouth: