Cash shop? wait what?

Mine’s nice and short. Already 3 people found my review helpful.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Simoyd/recommended/324510/

1 Like

Yes! it’s bad to speculate about the bad things that could happen. Lets keep it to discussing what’s going on right now!

4 Likes

I don’t care if people respec using money.

Having played the game… I can be fully functional with the build I want, use coins/trade to get things i can’t make and never have to respec…I doubt I will even go for a second build/character. There just isn’t a ‘need’. The game is a complex system, beyond just one person needing something.

So what advantage do they have over me? I get everything I want, using in game resources…they pay money to do it differently? Hmm doesn’t seem very pay to win to me.

Why spend $ when you can walk over, give 3 coal and get the thing you wanted? lol Or just put up a post on the forum and ask for something? Lol

Man :wink: I hope we get a lot of people respec-ing the money can help with titans! That and a developer vacation.

6 Likes

personally myself… i would either play 100% free (no offence devs) or spend it on alts

In a small way, i feel the cash shop for cubits is redundant at best (unless they add other things to it?)

But let’s not go there again :wink:

There is no real benefit of limiting resets way like that. If someone wants to play game like that best thing would be just to game notify about planning skill build better instead of 5+ resets per week.

Tell me how do you planning skill build better to achieve the best grind speed + all craft skill learn + master of hunt at level 50 ?

Without using the infinity skill reset method there is no way you can do that, because you have only 100 point separate in a lot of different thing or you focus in one thing.

With Infinity skill reset method i can always be focus in 1 thing (lets say hunter) , However when i need to mine i can rest it to miner (with 100 skill points rest to master of miner build ) .

There is no way you can master every thing by “planning skill build better” lol , you only have 100 skill point how do you master everything ? (at level 50)

This what i mention about, when people don’t spend real money need to reach to level 150 to has same ability to master 80% to 100% of skills.

People who pay the money only need level 50 to get everything they want
( If they can use skill reset like you use the skill set switch)
If this infinity skill reset method won’t affect the game.
Then you can remove the skill set system, since at level 100 if you ignore the cost, its the same thing.
I switch from skill set 1 → skill set 2
I skill reset from build 1 → build 2

Tell me the difference ?

Wow, what did i do XD

This is still going?

I am happy to see the developers are involved. My intentions were never to rile the entire community into a civil battle over cash shop or no cash shop.

I actually initially came for clarification and was bitter because I didn’t remember ever hearing anything about a cash shop. Nor did i expect this game to an MMO (like literally one) I thought that they were just throwing that word around the way some people do, like some people consider PUBG an MMO because they consider 50+ ppl massively multiplayer online.

Plus with the ability to have our own servers I felt the game was just going to end up more like Minecraft and have a much more accessible multiplayer.

However, I see that they are really shooting for a real legitimate MMO and that’s great and fine by me. It is a completely different genre and I hope it does well. It will need a lot of advertising. That is definitely something I know a lot of developers don’t want to do. They just want word of mouth and how awesome there game is, to help it spread. A lot of developers don’t want to touch finance, advertising, PR, and things like that. It’s just not their thing, if they wanted that, they would have gone to school for it. But, it’s something they should consider. It is extremely rare for a game to just become explosively popular without good advertising. There are plenty of games that fell short on launch or just never gained the traction they deserved without proper advertising.

I must add in though, i still stand by my general distaste for release before getting proper female models, as a female gamer this something that really hits me hard. I feel undervalued as a consumer when games leave female models out of their development. I become quite bitter over it. The only games out there that lack male characters are games that are intended to be very sexual. It is extremely rare to find a game where the only option is to play a female, especially if they do not have overly large breasts, tiny waist, and generally unrealistically attractive. This is the one thing I would like to see come to the game soon. I have been waiting and waiting for a female model. As mentioned before i do not consider the smaller variety of males with no female features what so ever, and a male voice, to be female models. If they put breasts and eye lashes on the bigger ones and say “its a man, its ok guys, we got you covered” Guys would lose their minds.

Anyways, I am more than sure the game will be fine. I know I was harsh in the beginning, but i just felt so confused when i logged in the other day to see a cash shop.

I will support in any way I can, but there are still plenty of people out there who are just as confused as I was.

If you guys feel the need to argue and try to prove each other wrong or why your opinion is superior, just don’t. It wont work. An argument is never won when it is about opinions. Name one time you have ever changed someones opinion in an argument and they wholeheartedly recanted their ways and changed… probably never. Unless you are one of those people who never gives up and they just agree with you to shut you up XD.

Just listen, understand, and try to find compromises or common ground. Let them see for themselves, if you are right. Telling someone or trying to prove it will only further cause them to dig their heels in and resent you and your opinions.

2 Likes

Personally, one reason I liked Boundless from the start was I never notice a gender on anyone. Gender simply doesn’t exist in the game to me and I like that. No whining about gender and no looking down on anyone because they aren’t the gender you discriminate in favor of. I like everyone is just equal and what gender they are makes no difference. People wanting two or more genders (and some want all the human races too) so people can categorize everyone just turns me off. It’s one of the reasons I play more solo games usually than multi-player. I hate discrimination and discrimination exists as long as people insist on male, female, multi, black, brown, yellow, red, blue, white, etc. classifications.

2 Likes

I can’t stand this mentality. There IS a gender, they are male. The only reason you are ok with the idea that they are genderless, is because they look male.

If they looked female and sounded female but just lacked a chest, you would not be ok with it.

The models are not even androgynous :confused:

Don’t forget what you post 3hr ago.

I just see plain creatures of some sort. There is no gender. I can’t stand people wanting ways to discriminate. Been through too much myself.

you are right, im going ot go back to just watching the melt down. I just take it as a personal attack when people think gender doesn’t matter when they have lived their entire lives in a world catered around their gender.

When games have genders I make half my characters one and half the other. My characters in Boundless until the last week (my current character is Ootang I think… you pick what gender you believe it is… I have no idea and don’t care) have almost exclusively had Lakota names which most people (all other than me?) would have no idea if they are traditionally male or female names. In truth, some are traditionally male, some are traditionally female, and some are common with both.

In American Indian traditions, some nations have matriarchal systems, some patriarchal, and also a common one in the 500+ nations is males are in charge of war usually and perhaps hunting. Women are in charge of most everything else. Religion is divided where only males teach males and females teach females as they have different things to learn.

Discrimination will never leave earth as long as people insist on dividing themselves into genders, races, religions, etc. It’s sad.

i’m not sure but it sounds like you are implying that because i have a problem with there only being male models in most games, that I am some how perpetuating sexism for asking for females? >.>? i’m confused.

anyways, it doesn’t matter. im off to go play games. night

1 Like

I hope we get the character creation soon so this discussion is finally over.

4 Likes

Wait a sec ppl, the ONLY metric in boundless that is ranked for all to see is Prestige.

So if you can get more plots faster by paying for cubits, therefore being able to allow you to rank #1 faster than anyone not buying cubits… Didn’t you just p2w?

Maybe I’m not understanding something. Is there a lvl cap on plots? is there a max plots?

If you paid to be #1 and then someone else goes to #1 after lvling for a week, then used their 300 cubits to buy 10 plots, and filled it with presige diamonds (all pretty-like). Then you sign on, see you are #2, buy cubits, buy plots, fill them with pretty goodies, and reclaim #1… rinse-repeat. isnt that p2w?

just asking, please don’t rage respond, this is just a discussion… put the guns away…

1 Like

yes, you are correct, you still have to put in the work to be rewarded. I’m just comparing 2 players with equal levels (say 41), plenty of time to have gathered resources to build with. only difference is one is limited by space, and one is technically not?

You can only fit so much prestige into a plot. player A has 100 plots jammed with 1million prestige. player b has 100 plots jammed with 1million prestige, and then purchased 50 plots and jammed in an extra 1/2million prestige. player A cant fit that much prestige into his 100 plots.

2 Likes

Prestige only matters really if you are a builder and even then it only really matters if you choose to make it important to you. Most of us could care less who has prestige. We aren’t competing against anyone at all, so, prestige is irrelevant.

For those that do care about prestige they don’t usually use a ton of plots. Just use high prestige materials and cram plots underground or wherever you like full of prestige. You either buy or craft the materials and create useless blocks. Now you have a ton of prestige. Silly idea to me. Prestige is best just ignored it seems to me as there isn’t anything prestigious about it, so, it seems poorly named.

I often wonder if prestige was created just so people who insist on competing would have something to have a score in and compete.

3 Likes

I agree, it doesnt matter to me at all as well. Boundless is a game where you can do whatever you want. I chose to be a shop owner, my goal was make an awesome shop. Shop the Concrete Corner for all your needs! <—shameless plug get!

I had a goal and shot for it. Someone elses goal might be “collect 10,000 shadow orbs”. Now there is no game mechanic to rank shops, or to say who has the most shadow orbs. You can say “i have the best shop” “i have the most orbs”, but there is nothing to point to to prove that, so any Cash Shop will not help you win best shop. cause its not a thing. No way to beat the game, no way to be p2w… cause you cant win. You decide what your goal is.

Except there IS a way to be #1

In fact, there is only one way to be #1. Regardless of whether you care about it or not, it is the only measurable metric in-game. It allows someone to say, “I own the BEST settlement on PlanetX, it says so right there”. Due to the prestige mechanic, there is a way to “win” PlanetX. He just bought more plots and jammed them with prestige than anyone else. So he paid to win PlanetX, right?

His settlement might not be as impressive as the big pokemon you built. But the game says it is.

3 Likes

lol I suppose if someone really wants to compete they can point to the metric. The only problem is most people are not competing, don’t care and don’t look at the metric. So, it’s a rather hollow “victory” when most people you are “competing with” are not competing with you and ignore all your bragging just looking at you as a bag of hot air. People that do that are best ignored. As you said, Boundless you create your own goals and be happy with what you do. If it really were a competition I wouldn’t have ever gotten the game. The only #1 anyone should be concerned with the performance of is themselves. The metric is ignored by most. If being the head of a planet turns you on just rent a planet and you don’t have to even compete. You got the title that you likely don’t care about anyway.

3 Likes

Many people keep bringing up this argument but that means they keep missing the real point people are trying to make around purchasing plots. This has nothing in the long run to deal with growing prestige by work. It is about the potential and other major factors on people using cash.