Cash shop? wait what?

Thats just it there is not a space limit… Space is easy to come bye…

If you can realistically properly build on 12 plots in a given day and you can easily attain 12 plots in a given day for free… the guy who bought 24 still only has enough time to build on the same area the other guy got for free…

On a different note I am a Viceroy of a Planet and I can tell you I won nothing!!! It has zero perks to go with it I don’t receive any tax money nothing its just fancy title… and a Steam achievement…

1 Like

I was wondering if someone was able to buy as many plots as they want (if money was no object to them) and they subscribed to the gleam club does that mean they can just run around putting down beacons pretty much wherever they want (obviously only in unclaimed plots) and never have to think about them again so long as they continue to pay for the gleam club. If anyone wants to greiff then isn’t this just handing it to them on a plate and even if someone isn’t intentionally greiffing they could easily loss track of many of their beacons and end up unintentionally causing problems for others.

1 Like

I have been thinking about this. Just a few thoughts.

1. They will use $$ to get plots, that gives them an advantage!

A) plots do not equal the ability to build. Gathering materials is still required which is time consuming. Any plots you can buy, you could earn just by playing. It accelerates you toward your personal goal, but as the game has no ‘end’ another will get the same number of plots just by playing.

B) People want to build with many plots, it benefits us all! It is a communal game. Cool builds being around attract players.

C) Without someone telling you that they bought plots…how would you know? In 3 months some of us will have hundreds of hours played. How would you know which builds were made with purchased plots? As the game keeps going purchased plots matters less and less.

D) most large builds require a group to complete. If some buy plots, others won’t. Which means builds will be a mix of bought and not. Any amount of bought plots can be outdone by working with more people. Since each person added to the project can add their plots. This will always outpace buying plots.

1. A person can do a lot of skill changes, this gives them advantage!

A) how would I know if they did or didn’t do this? I can’t see played time, or current skills…unless someone told me I would never know.

B) communities working together will always outpace this option. Communities are free and encouraged. This option is inefficient using the games mechanics.

C) if one person wants to do this, they will add to the community via selling things or building things. Yay.

As the game progresses these points become less and less important, relavent and impactful. Even if a person gains a small “advantage” on something, it can be made up via playing the game. Also, it helps the community by adding to what is built / sold…so it benefits us all.

Lastly, there is no end. So if you have an “advantage”…who cares? It is for one point in time that doesn’t matter and passes. Now it is a new day and the “advantage” is gone. Since play times are irregular…people will was and wane in their collection of materials and building process.

If someone spends $1000 on the game monthly. They are still outplaced by 2-5 people working together. The game supports working together. But the output of the $1000 person is still helpful to us all <3

I have not seen anything that is a real advantage in the scheme of the game.

Just my thoughts.

4 Likes

For me personally, it could be a good thing to buy a number of plots early in order to claim some land and get going. But in the long run, after a few years, I think that I will probably have more plots than I need. So less interest in buying plots later on, I think.

1 Like

@Tagris … i agree with all your points but the thing I was asking is a completely different point. If someone wants to greiff and they can afford to buy as many plots as they want and never have to fuel them so long as they subscribe to the gleam club then can’t that be open to abuse? I’m not talking about prestige or building etc just the potential for someone to be able to legitimately put down as many plots as they want if they decide they want to block other people’s builds or simply because they just happen to be an A hole :poop:

2 Likes

So what if it snows in the Sahara desert and what if we get a heat wave in Antarctica…

GreyArt, you could get in an accident tomorrow will driving to work maybe you should walk!
Your computer’s power supply could blow and take out the motherboard, perhaps you shouldn’t turn your computer on…

That’s how I look at this issue… Yes perhaps that happen’s and we really don’t know what to do until we cross that bridge, a person can prepare for only so many instances of things but that example is beyond the scope of reasonable preparation…

I understand your point. but you can grief without buying plots. . look at what happened with the red gleam incident a while back. A group of players could get together or a person can buy alts to gain plots so the same thing can happen a number of ways without buying plots. I understand you are pointing out a possibility. My concern is that we can imagine a lot of ways that some one can grief other players. I think we may just have to address them as they happen and get the developers to either address the situation with the individual or look at ways to curtail the behavior in the future.

1 Like

You are all absolutely right so I’ll keep my concerns to my myself in the future :grin: :zipper_mouth_face: my apologies for mentioning such a trivial thing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Trivial? Your opinion is not trivial its just as valued as mine!!!

1 Like

The problem i see is this:

Whether it matters to you or not, it still is the only metric in game with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd on it. Two players with the same resources can only fit so much in one plot. The player limited to 20 plots can only build so much. The player purchasing unlimited plots can obviously gain an advantage.

The “You get it as you level, so its just a time-saver” or “You can earn get those without paying a cent” is invalid. You also get coin as you level, so you wouldn’t have a problem with coin in the Exchange? What about Oortstone? Cause you can farm that, you just save time by buying it. Diamonds? Full weapons? All can be gained with time. So that rational includes everything in-game.

Cosmetics? So, neon green Gleam. It can only be gotten in the cash shop. But its ok, cause its just cosmetic? Glowing signs? They just look different from signs you can make…

Listen, I get it. Square came in and wants a return on investment. They said “lets talk microtransactions” and the devs hands were tied.

But its only a matter of time before the above scenarios happen. Some ppl wont care. Me? Well i used to be able to say “Wow, that is impressive. They grinded all those mats and plots and built the deathstar.” That was part of the awe of this game. Now? “Pfft, look what they bought”

There are many reasons that buy plots and other things are an advantage. And there are tons of things where people that can play for hours and days on end are an advantage. Every side of an argument can define an advantage but that does not mean that it negates the other advantage and makes the issue go away.

The same thing goes for all these people that define “win” as a specific objective. Win is a contextual and relative term. So everyone trying to argue points against these people are really wasting time. This game does not have an END WIN scenario like when you play a simple game. Win means different things to different people… (e.g. - Havok won the initial settlement goal, I want to initial take over, which means you won nothing… but then you won the overnight using admin augments to take over a capital… but in the end of the game none of us really won anything.). I make that point because in the end of the day, the problem people are bringing up has nothing really to do with “winning” its a bigger issue than that.

1 Like

WHAT… Dude your way off base me being viceroy of the testing server is not what I am talking about… You do know I am the current viceroy of berlyn have been for about a month now and had nothing to do with warp arguements… Seriously!!!

I apologize for that then, I thought you were talking on the new planet. But while yes you said you won nothing, some people see it as a win, and when taxes come into play it will be a win in that way, etc.

I guess overall I’m just trying to say winning is relative and contextual so we shouldn’t be stating we won or didn’t win things… It doesn’t move a conversation or discussion forward.

YES That’s It X! It’s a bigger issue than “winning”! Its about gained advantages through real money.

Tax’s you think they will implement tax’s?!? Seriously you have made enough of a fuss about OMG plots are pay to win for what 6 months now… and you think they would open up pandora’s box with tax’s…

While I would love tax’s they are never going to happen… And I believe your stirring up of the whole P2W arguement will keep them for ever doing that…

I think the quote went wrong because the whole discussion is wrong… Ultimately until we actually see them have a store where you can buy something with “real world money” it won’t matter what the exchange is. It is only what it is based on what it can currently be used as. The perceptions it might create are going to happen and we can’t do anything about it. It is not going to go away for release… so we just need to let the fall out or non fall out happen.

Play the game, make great builds, support the new players, and give feedback to the developers. Leave the other discussions for when it really is time and the functionality is IN the game.

1 Like

I actually didn’t make a big fuss of it. I made a specific post about the problem of the game mechanic and we have pretty stubborn people in this game that cannot respect another person’s opinion without trying to beat it out of them. They made a big fuss of it because when I explained again what I was talking about they kept trying to shoot it down instead of allowing me to have my opinion.

I think the tax thing is a bad idea as well and will just create a stupid prestige war all over the place which will ruin the game like we have already seen with gleam spam, gem spam, and now chiseled decorative wood spam in vaults. Then you bring in the component of using real money to buy things in the game that are not cosmetic and you really just creating a bad game play scenario.

But, we can only wait when it happens… if they are serious about monetizing the game, then after we go through a couple months of bug and game play fixes we will see a whole rush of that content coming out. Then we can decide what the game is and isn’t.

i think this is everyone’s fear @GreyArt247 that those with thouusands to spend (which DOES happen in games that are addictive :wink: ) BFII for example… and others

Will get such a head star (lucky most people wont think about splashing that much just to troll… but there are a few… the world is full of humans after all)

i think the devs eed to work it so that the plots (and especially the GLeam CLub) could not be used to this extent

let’s say for example

• i have £100 a month spare cash on anything i want (example)

• Gleam Club only costs $4.99 (approx £2.50 UK) per month and in that is infinate auto refule
    i would most likely join it and never NOT be able to pay for it

• say plot (cash shop) are sold as packs 100 for £5 as an example

• not only can i afford auto fuel every month… but is could also

• Afford at least 700 plots EACH MONTH (which would all be auto fueld indeffinately)

SO…

If i found a perfect spot/planet i LOVE i would be able to

• cut off other REAL builders, just to stop them and keep my space clear
  • Decide to troll the commuinty and place 50 or so around towns/other plots to cut them off/box them in
  • the list is endless of the damage eit could cause

So yes @james and team deffinately need to re-think the plot equation

(auto refule home beacon only? - Have a LIMIT to how many plots you can buy with real cash (life-time limite or w/e) - Not even offer them for cash purchase we can earn them infinately??? for free in game anyway!)

Not to mention those rare backers (OOrtians) who can get 200 plot per every 2 they buy etc not saying any of the OOrtians are trolls… but… (it could happen i mean)

2 Likes

And what about the headstart that unemployed players get from playing all day?

3 Likes

thatsthe point i am actually making…

let’s not turn it into another i am better than you argument…

People who earn 20k a year for example VS those who cant work through disability?

I see them both being in with an advantage… just us disabilty/unemplyment are at a disadvantage… because we dont earn as much as you… so we have to go the slow way

See my point? Yes we could still troll if we really tried to… but you guys where you are getting 200 PER 2… 250 PER 50

and those money people who could go even further?

(now look what you made me do :P) And i was not attacking the OOrtians directly i was making an example :wink:

but uit fellt personal in your reply about people like myself (same can be said for you… i understand)

MAKE IT FAIR FOR ALL is my point

2 Likes