Cave explanations?

Hi together, has someone a Sheet for the caves you can Pic for your Sovereign Planet Creatin ?

IT would be great to study this because i ve some thoughts about that and would like Work with the Data of different caves informations .

Greetings Turrican2006

@Soju-VB @bucfanpaka

1 Like

I’d definitely be interested in knowing more. I just pick standard caves on all my mining rentals now since other types I tried like small caves messed things up down deep. The standard ones are pretty safe, especially for diamond mining deep.

1 Like

I thought I had the caves saved somewhere, but no luck finding them. I generally pick standard or flat myself, with the exception of my combustion farm where i chose tube caves if I remember right.

2 Likes

Have you a Pictures from flat cave from ingame?

Hast someone pictures or datas from the caves ? Hight of cave AS example

I found that standard or flat usually produced the best ore spawns. Any of the others usually gave me a lower result.

I made 5 sovereigns at once and used the same exact biomes and tier etc. and in the end Standard and Flat produced better results.

OK nice to know

I Made a Test Planet for Emerald

And took all Tube caves

But i am Not Happy with this Planet you can t really mine IT

Perhaps i was unlucky of Lava IT spawned so Bad …

Its great for combustion because of the caves and for lamella because of many flat water biomes .

Will try another Planet in the next days …

My Goal IS to get silver and Gold on Other planets compromised this IS only for Testing how the caves behave…

2 Likes

Decent emerald count all together though, but the percentages are misleading especially for emerald worlds since the high amount of water will remove many of the other resources that compete for the total “percentage” which skews the percentages to make them appear high.

Compared to other “public” worlds, its number 4 in emerald seam per chunk / total emerald seam count, but half of what Stellamaris has.

But as you said, if its rough to mine, then it doesn’t really matter in the end.

I know the Count is Only 120k Emerald but that doesen t Matter If its compromised thats why i Experiment with caves .
The best per chunk planets are very good but i think IT can be better and easyier…

First i thought i ve a good Planet but the Lava makes him unminable…

1 Like

Yes, it is possible to get around 400,000 total emerald seams (around 11 avg per chunk) on a small Sov.

Are the total numbers what really matter for ease of mining? I tend to make planets that don’t have great numbers overall, but the resources are squished into small areas.

Diamond Deposits: 193,468 seams, 1.03%

Gold Deposits: 435,378 seams, 2.31% Hard Coal Deposits: 1,402,775, 7.44% Silver Deposits: 1,436,662 seams, 7.62% Titanium Deposits: 567,924, 3.01%

So on my planet, there is way more silver than titanium, but I prefer to use it for titanium mining than silver because the titanium is all squished together. The gold is dispersed so I wouldn’t go there to mine that, but it actually is dispersed pretty well through the diamond so I end up getting quite a bit of it anyways when I mine diamond. I’m not sure the raw numbers tell a very good story about what is easy to mine or not.

2 Likes

I always mine in areas where there aren’t any caves or very little so caves almost feel like an afterthought when it comes to mining.

My best sapphire planet has a super high count and very large concentration in certain areas.

I spawned 5 chills looking for high stardrop.and sapphire. I chose different cave types but used the same biomes.

My results were that my best planet had standard caves. I even got a wicked amount of topaz. The planet had a crazy amount of star drops at the time it was the number one planet for stardrops, top 3 in sapphire and topaz.

Edit: on top of the above you really only need one good hotspot to make the planet worth it everything above that is just an added bonus

Not at all. Just the total numbers and amount per chunk are generally better indicators than the percentage.

If it’s all in one area and easy to get then the numbers don’t matter at all.

2 Likes

Numbers are a.pretty good indicator to me, but they tend to be bragging rights in the end.

My chill I mentioned above numbers were awesome best planet I have ever rolled for topaz and sapphire and stardrops.

2 Likes

I hate stardrops on ice personally… so I would take a lower overall number that also had huge glacier flat areas (maze biome) and be much happier. Everyone is different though.

2 Likes

My thoughts, if you want a planet with more gems to harvest you may want no caves at all or the less possible.

So most of the resources isn’t between lava pool especially for low altitudes gems.

1 Like

Now I want a sapphire planet. Planet making is addictive.

3 Likes

Make sure to take Maze at lv 5 if you do. :slight_smile: It gives the best sapphire spots IMO since it is level, can just dig down 20-30 and mine around on that level. Also, the surface is the best Bitter Bean collecting, it is glacier instead of ice so you can walk normally and collect the Stardrops.

This - for a Chill for me, by far the best result is a few big Maze areas.

3 Likes

I was gathering 3-4SS of stardrops on my sovereign along with several SS of sapphire and topaz …

While I did not enjoy gathering on ice… I make a number of millions in coin daily… won’t hear me complain about ice or percentages lol.

1 Like

For me its Not to get Most of anything its Like you showed on Pictures Like the hard coal to get IT super compromised If you have reached That you ll be super effectiv .

1 Like