Centraforge more dissapointing than helpful?

I’m at work at the moment but if I get a chance when i get home I think I’ve got a couple of screen shots showing the stats of something I made … One thing I do remember is spending absolutely hours gathering all the materials to make a reasonable range of the pastes etc then after about 17 spins ending up with something that took 2 hours to craft to then end up with a eoa hammer that got used up in about 20 minutes …to me that is not a good return on the amount of time and resources invested.

2 Likes

Yeah Persisting pies and stuff are always wanted but still… No negative points get added in it’s just certain rotations work best to get better stuff. I like to say it’s end tier because you usually don’t get your investment back… What you just told me… This is why when people say AoE Hammer needs a nerf because it was “Better than bombs” I wanna smack them XD You need to FORGE the hammers before you can do anything with them and bombs unforged were still better lol (never used bombs for bomb mining. Been hammer since forever) though I know they didn’t handle the changes correctly

Quick question about forging, can you forge a stack of hammers at the same time? or is it 1 at a time?

You can forge one at a time or up to an entire stack of 9 items or any combination of quantities between.

Thanks, surely that makes it wayyy more efficient then?

Nope still uses pastes and compounds and everything at a 1:1 ratio, and you could end up with 9 items with boons you didnt want or didnt get enough points in, but you could also get 9 items with everything you wanted and only have to forge once and have a lesser waiting time

Ah ok, So it’s almost always better to do them individually then.

I actually just realized, maybe pastes and catalysts and solvents may only use 1 at a time, so when you get boon boosting pastes and vigor and durability pastes then it may also be another benefit of not needing to use multiple. But i havent tried, but as far as compounds and gums go, it is a 1:1 ratio, so early forging doesnt benefit, but once you get those pastes and such they may

All the purple writing were negative affects that have been added to the item.

This was before the wipe so I don’t know if anything has changed since then with regards to how the forge works. Personally I find the whole thing totally non intuitive, there are no in-game directions for using the thing and what all the spinning bits and bouncing lines are supposed to be doing, when to add what pastes, potions and whatnot. I have no intention of wasting hours and hours of gathering, mining and crafting to then use it all up practising through trial and error. I know Boundmore and Jiivita have made videos explaining how it works but the whole thing is just too much for me … not my idea of fun.

Do any of you try to buy your paste/compounds? Or do you try to make and gather them yourself?

Does anyone have that Google Doc that shows all of the effects?

This is what I use.

1 Like

Woa man those are super bugged, the forge doesnt give your tools -1257 durability lol. It works fine after wipe

I buy the harder to get materials

The base tools really haven’t changed. It’s just the obscene damage it takes to break higher-tier blocks that makes everything but gem and forged seem worthless. Blocks didn’t have armor like this before Alpha, no? We’re rather accustomed to that. Although I do agree the game is still in need of balance in some areas. This will come with time.

Yes true though I particularly miss these base properties of old gem gear:

• Ruby bows used to be excellent snipers, now they foop disappointingly like every unforged bow
  • Diamond 1x3 base hammer was attainable and you didn’t burn through them like cooked prime meats
  • [?? which gems ??] grapples were better - I forget specific flavour here

Edit: But yeah, block armour. I’m totally ignoring T6 worlds because they’re so bloody tiresome.

1 Like

I’ll have to come check out your shop sometime :sweat_smile:

When I first made those and mentioned in a post about forged tools not stacking one of the Devs asked me to post screen shots of their stats, which is why I had those, and at no point has anyone ever said those looked bugged so I’ve always assumed that’s that how sh1 tty the forge is which is why I’ve never touched it since. I’m sorry to say that my faith and trust in this game is very slowly being eroded away which is a pity because I am/was hoping to keep playing it for a very long time to come.

aoe boons decrease the per hit damage as it is being spread over more blocks.

I have seen negative durability (think it was a bug) on an iron hammer that had +1200 added. It counted to zero on the base durability counter then continued to count down to -1199 before finally being consumed on the last hit.

Also up until i think the 199 patch the bleed, slow, and weakness debuffs showed weird gui reference names. They now show properly from what ive seen.

I restocked it last night and later this afternoon Ill have a few hundred or more of Dark grey metamorphic. Its North west of the big red building

1 Like

Looking at the forge boon documentation, is this boon still in?:
“Major Mastery Boon”
–>“Master faster with Major Mastery Boon! The Trait that reduces Difficulty required when using Forged Gear”