Central Spawn Location for Everyone & Community Event Center

I think it would be helpful if we had a central Capital center, mothership, something.

Instead of spawning alone in the sanctum that can’t be used for storage or anything, it would be helpful to spawn in the Boundless Capital (of some sort…maybe a small moon/planet?)

• Devs could kick off events there
  • Noobs could be instructed to meet friends there
  • People would see other people playing
  • Perhaps a few town crier NPCs could be there yelling out random tips and news
  • And maybe have some public warp pads so people can take noobs/friends to their place
  • Devs could hold parties there (drop parties?)
  • If we get leaderboards, this is where the info could be shown/seen

There are no portals, it’s not a portal hub. (see point 5 above)
You can’t build on this region/moon/planet. It’s just a community place.

39 Likes

All of this please lol

This would be awesome!

@james @vdragon @lucadeltodecso

2 Likes

At first I thought ‘no’, but actually, this is a really good idea.

2 Likes

Maybe throw in an area for player storage interaction. It would be a good place to stick some things if you are taking a break and your beacons go out.

3 Likes

100% also this lol

1 Like

I was going to say it would be cool if the area had lockers for everyone to use, but I don’t know if that’s possible?

Sanctum could be better, offer more etc. I agree. It could be space for larger part of tutorial.
But making it place of meeting for all, easy way to find anyone by going there, that would limit people’s movement and exploring others places.

The amount of people that wonder about looking for place to build, just stumbling across someone’s build and then talking to whoever they meet there (I had a lot of such new players coming to my place).
The moments when you arrange a meeting in a place in Boundless universe and all need to get there, etc.
I think that shouldn’t be taken from our activities by making an easy place for all to go quickly and meet.

1 Like

I see your point, but I think it would benefit the game in a huge way. I don’t think it would take from the game at all. That’s just my opinion though.

I feel like Finata Ultima somewhat served this purpose for a time, but now it’s gone. It was fun to go there and see so many people, use it for a meeting space, see the devs, etc.

This feature is very helpful to noobs too.

3 Likes

I’m all for that

2 Likes

I think a centralized space station/hub of sorts would do wonders in the future of Boundless… If only we could find a way to further analyze all this ancient tech left lying around… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

OI think this is such a good idea. Would be an Easy place for people to meet also. Whilst giving PS4 players a little sneak glimpse into upcoming releases that devs could showcase within the world/hub (since we can’t get on test server)

Perhaps an area that explains things to newer players also, like a tutorial area. Where you can find any information you needed with visualizations

2 Likes

I dont understand. whats the point of this. Is this aimed for lack of storage or somthing

I am imagining a big space ship, with an info center, repeatable tutorial section, player storage(huge amount of space, free to deposit but 50% mint value to withdrawal), bridge with a view into space with a few planets visible, an interactive panel that gives you the list of planets by region and basic info on them, and of course a central court yard that you warp into to meet up with players. Allow placement of warp conduits in the courtyard with a flat rate cost related to planet tier to help direct new players.

2 Likes

Ooh, this would be awesome :open_mouth::+1:

2 Likes

Great idea but my understanding is sanctum is an offline area that is only ever on your system hence why we get booted to it with issues. I’m all for a central place but think we might be limited right now

2 Likes

I think spawning into what looks like a hub-based voxel game might be another “this is a minecraft clone” hater fuel point, but cool builds are cool builds… dangerous territory, imo but it could work.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea for centralizing events and announcements, though I have a concern as to how they’d rig everyone up to it; if it ran on it’s on server like Worlds do, where from? Someone is always gonna get the short end of the lag stick in that scenerio.

When you load into MC, you just load where you were before or where you spawn. There’s no hub :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Referring to MC servers

Got it. Even the large MMORPGs that aren’t voxel/MC related have little hub areas. They are really useful.
As @Lennexfox mentioned, the current server limits might hinder this though.

1 Like