[Chaltiin] --[T4 - Inhospitable Lush Color-Cycling Exoworld]-- [Inactive]

looks to be around 2 min or so

2 Likes

Anybody spot some more rare gleam colors? I saw shadow turquoise once.

Noticing oxide colors are common. Lot of black, all greys, silk colors

2 Likes

maybe i am wrong i feel its the same palettes over and over ?

1 Like

i have done a couple stop watches here and there and i can confirm its 2 minutes between colors

4 Likes

It does seem that way, but we are still constantly finding new colors. Farmed some marble presents for a couple of hours and got at least 20 different colors (including white!).

If I had to guess, there is a pool of ‘common’ colors and a pool of more rare colors that randomly cycle for each block type. Like white on meta/marble seems super rare, but it is on sand almost 1/5 cycles.

2 Likes

there is the original palette,
then every 2 minutes it “randomises” by shifting the palette in hue/sat/lum to get the next palette; so it will always be a somewhat “consistent” palette (if it was literally randomise each block to a random colour the world would just look really f*ing ugly most of the time), but should still be able to generate 1 of every colour if you waited long enough I would assume.

14 Likes

I seem to recall @majorvex suggesting color changing blocks on an exo ages ago (can’t find any of the posts tho!)

3 Likes

This is absolutely INSANE!!! Hahaha! :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

:grin: The colors are changing much quicker than I thought they ever could :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
This Exo is too much fun…I love it!!!

8 Likes

There it is! Haha. Such a fun exo!! :rainbow:

PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT @james

8 Likes

A few things from my 1st visit…
white sand
black/white/gray ghostflowers
red/black foliage
enriched peat blocks
marble
concrete
gleam

7 Likes

!!! i need to go get some of this

3 Likes

It switches fast - don’t forget regen bombs :open_mouth: :grin:

4 Likes

That moment you get yelled at cuz significant other was up way to late cuz the colors and just have to sit there like :man_shrugging: I didn’t do it :rofl::rofl::rofl: #blamejeff

1 Like

The key term “Ugly” is a matter of opinion.

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What is “ugly” to some people can be works of art to others.

No, that statement of true randomness being ugly is opinion. Not fact.

I challenge Wonderstruck to try ONE exo not using the “Generate like colors algorithm” and see how the community responds to it.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s his opinion don’t see him stating it as fact.

i actually really like how this turned out and i hope this type of exo will be done again in the future

10 Likes

Cmon man! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Opening a portal to the BDay Exo from the TNT Megahub in about 15 mins or so if anyone wants a ride.

1 Like

I’m opening a warp in 5min. Waiting on the roof of CORE’s hub/TNT Delta Cancret hub

2 Likes