[Chaltiin] --[T4 - Inhospitable Lush Color-Cycling Exoworld]-- [Inactive]

Thank you all so much, this is just the best, TOO much fun!! :grin: Happy Birthday again!! :gift: :gift: :gift:

Also, for any interested, threw a few tokens up in the Exo Station… though really, the good stuff is everywhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is this exo type for event only, or can it appear at any time ?

6 Likes

10 minutes until the shuttle

Not together, but these two right next to each other. :slight_smile:

exo1

3 Likes

me and my buddy N-fluence traveled to 0,0 and made a marker

3 Likes

This is s super cool!

5 Likes

Does this mean we can get those cool yellow colors people wanted that look like gold for rock?

Simply awesome…who would of thought of a color changing exo.

:clap: DEVS

Thank you for hearing the community!

2 Likes

Terrain looks nice. Might take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any idea how long it takes between color changes?

looks to be around 2 min or so

2 Likes

Anybody spot some more rare gleam colors? I saw shadow turquoise once.

Noticing oxide colors are common. Lot of black, all greys, silk colors

2 Likes

maybe i am wrong i feel its the same palettes over and over ?

1 Like

i have done a couple stop watches here and there and i can confirm its 2 minutes between colors

4 Likes

It does seem that way, but we are still constantly finding new colors. Farmed some marble presents for a couple of hours and got at least 20 different colors (including white!).

If I had to guess, there is a pool of ‘common’ colors and a pool of more rare colors that randomly cycle for each block type. Like white on meta/marble seems super rare, but it is on sand almost 1/5 cycles.

2 Likes

there is the original palette,
then every 2 minutes it “randomises” by shifting the palette in hue/sat/lum to get the next palette; so it will always be a somewhat “consistent” palette (if it was literally randomise each block to a random colour the world would just look really f*ing ugly most of the time), but should still be able to generate 1 of every colour if you waited long enough I would assume.

14 Likes

I seem to recall @majorvex suggesting color changing blocks on an exo ages ago (can’t find any of the posts tho!)

3 Likes

This is absolutely INSANE!!! Hahaha! :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

:grin: The colors are changing much quicker than I thought they ever could :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
This Exo is too much fun…I love it!!!

8 Likes

There it is! Haha. Such a fun exo!! :rainbow:

PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT @james

8 Likes