Chisel Mining?

Sorry, you right, two hits per block. One hit is a quarter of block :frowning:

I need a brake from the game :frowning:

1 Like

Haha ok thanks for confirming. Still a major speed up on high tier planets.

1 Like

Ech, chisel mining is helpful but:

• while building tunnel you expose less blocks than while mining
  • no exp
  • multiple hits still required
  • no rocks in inventory

Basically I prefer hammer even if I have to strike 3 times per rock when searching for ores. Getting into my search zone when digging straight down, I prefer chisel.

2 Likes

No more than bombs and the developers are supporting the use of bombs to mine. I both cases, all the miner wants are the resources and not the regular blocks and in both cases they get no xp for the regular blocks. If you are mining on a higher tier world where it takes multiple hits on a rock, this does save tool wear and tear and if you are there looking for something like diamonds it can speed up the process.

1 Like

I specifically remember steggs saying he didn’t “endorse” it, but if you mean they are allowing it so far, then yes.

post on that topic with images:

if you hit the left block on the right side in the middle it’s 1 hit same for hitting the right block on the left side in the middle. Atleast for ps4

Hm, I’ll have test that a bit, I’ve been always hitting edges

Hey Venuil, I wouldn’t say it’s an endorsement, it’s just a fact that they are good for mining in their current state. We want to keep bomb mining in as an option for players because we believe it’s pretty fun, but we don’t want it to make hammers obsolete, so we are looking at some potential chan…

I will agree they did not say endorse, they specifically did not endorse it. That is why I chose the word support. The quote is above.

Well, I used some of my recorded mining sessions - didn’t have much time to make it but I hope seeing chisel mining with your own eyes there can help you get the drift.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this video. I dont’ receive xp after chiseling a dozen blocks. Is that normal?

1 Like

It’s normal. You don’t get xp when chiselling outside of your beacon now

while building tunnel you expose less blocks than while mining

It’s the same:
Hammer reveals 2 in front, 1 above, 1 below, 2 to each side: 8 total.
Chisel reveals 4 in front, 2 above, 2 below: 8 total

Also chisel really takes 4 hits/block because you need 2 hits on each of 2 blocks to remove 1 block’s worth of material. The real advantage is speed and materials cost because stone chisel is cheaper and hits faster than iron hammer.

Kind of agree but, X - revieled, O - hidden, M - mined, C - Chiselled
Stone, tunnel forward:
OOXOO
OXMXO
OXMXO
OOXOO

Chisel tunnel forward:
OXXO
OCCO
OCCO
OXXO

Using chisel you uncover 2 more on bottom and top but you actually has narrower footprint.
IMHO with wider footprint i have better chance finding veins.
It actually may be down to personal opinion.

1 Like

If we are drawing circles and x’es… here’s mine

000XX000
00XBBX00
0XBBBBX0
0XBBBBX0
00XBBX00
000XX000

Guess what does B stands for :wink:

3 Likes

I love me my extra rocks. Give em to my crafter/builder to push through the refinement line for future builds.

1 Like

Bombs are completely different stuff :stuck_out_tongue:
Besides this is quite small for a bomb, isn’t it? I thought you could make them like 6 and more wide?

@boundmore Thanks brother! Appreciate the shoutout and step by step video!!

1 Like

7 wodę wide are the biggest bombs I think.

:joy:
wide I suppose?