Chromis I surveys - would you like them back?

Hey, so I’ve been inactive for a while, but after joining a hunt yesterday, I’m really missing the game and the community. I also think Boundless is a good place for me to practice doing the things I really value in life: creativity, entertaining people, and giving to the community.

I’m starting with the sandcastle competition, just to get going, plus I’m going to work on my tree/color storage again, but im curious if people would be interested in me starting up the [Chromis I] --[T3 - Rugged Lush Sovereign World]-- [Active] color surveys again.

For those that don’t know, Chromis I is a T3 planet with most colored resources available, including instructions on how to get to them if not safe farming places.
Further, for the first year or so the planet was around, the colors were changed on a monthly basis, using surveys here on the forum to determine the colors.

My life is structured very differently now, so the time problems I was having are mostly relieved now, and I think that having the surveys to do would help keep me in the game.

No promises, but I’m curious about interest level in this project. Oh, and I don’t ask questions I don’t want the answer to - the negative ones are there for a reason, so if that’s how you feel, say so. I’m here to understand, not get offended or disheartened.

• I am interested in both the surveys and harvesting from the world.
  • I am only interested in harvesting from the world.
  • I am only interested in the surveys.
  • I am only interested in the theme surveys.
  • I am only interested in the specific color surveys.
  • I don’t want to participate, but I like the idea.
  • I have no interest in this at all.
  • I am bothered by the idea of monthly survey posts popping up.

0 voters

2 Likes

I vote “I have no interest in this at all”. But that’s mainly due to strict interpretation of the options. Pretty neutral.

I was never bothered by the posts. I think I may have gone to see one of the themes, if it’s the same planet Ehhh, after thinking about it, I changed to “no interest but I like the idea”. I had the impression that a few people liked it and it’s a nice, low drama, bit of activity going on. It’s probably good if you have the time to run it.

1 Like

I do want to do some additional temporary Chromis planets (there is a reason it’s Chromis I after all), but I’m not sure about the timing of it or how I will set up the surveys. I’ve considered even setting up polls for the tier and biomes of temporary Chromis worlds.

1 Like

I can’t take my vote back but I clicked I am bothered by monthly surveys. I am not, I miss read it. I am neutral to the idea. I may find it a benefit at some point in the future.

1 Like

You can definitely rescind and re-vote if you would like to.

click that.

1 Like

extra option - happy to read survey posts, but far too scared to go harvesting on a T3 planet :slight_smile:

1 Like

T3 should be easy to handle with any forged bow, but if that’s not your jam, I’ve made some accommodations.

Glacier, gravel, and gleam are available in closed regen farms with portals from the welcome center. If you can make the fairly short run, sand is available. There is a less safe wood regen farm, but it’s usually safe enough.

If I start running the surveys again, I’ll set up a safe ash farm as well. That would include some cave access that would be a good starting point for harvesting rock.

1 Like

The T3 planets aren’t so bad. If you have the epic skill that makes you less detectable to critters (I forget it’s name) you can go about your business almost completely unmolested by them.

1 Like

it’s weird, I ‘can’ kill the critters when I have to - what scares me is seeing the red dots. Things being angry at me just for existing always spark the ‘run away’ mode :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

3 Likes

I like voting on the gleam colour :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you I didn’t realize that, my vote has been changed.

1 Like

I remember my first week in game very vividly, as I had gotten my first grapple and apparently grappled too close to a wildstock, who headbutted me to death. Even on a placid planet, danger lurks :laughing:

3 Likes

Thoroughly off-topic, but my first day playing, I was like “Oh, I am going to need food, but I can’t plant crops, I’ll get some meat” and proceeded repeatedly to die to a wildstock trying to murderize it with an iron shovel.

4 Likes