Circarpous Hunts (MM)

Hola Everyone… @james

This is a general posting and a suggestion…

First… Someone keep sabotaging our hunts in Circarpous I (12pm est) at the Meter Meet.
They keep throwing this bombs and making big (HUGE) crater and people are falling to their death.
They throw them under you feet while your hunting. Then when the hunt is done, they make a huge crater under the meter and players have been falling to their death.

This only goes on while certain players (guild) are on. Doesn’t happen any other time.
Today I got a little tickle by this person’s action. Gets everyone in the hunt a little ■■■■.

Yesterday’s hunt was canceled due to this individuals action.
Today the Hunt Leader decided not to give in and let them Sabotage our hunts.

Suggestion:
Is there any way of doing the same thing you did with the regen bombs to this bombs around meters?

1 Like

Some hunts use bombs to trap creatures under the meteor portals though.

If anyone on your hunt took video or screenshots of the offenders, please PM it to James.

3 Likes

What Major said^
It could be that they’re used to hunts that bomb that area, but besides that it’s sad to see players messing up hunts

1 Like

Oh wow
10char

1 Like

Based on their description… sounds very fishy… Random holes instead of under the portals? Huge hole under the meteor AFTER the event is over… Is not unheard of people griefing this way.

1 Like

@majorvex Yea but this are huge holes to swallow everything and everyone.

It’s obvious griefing… by an entire family. Mom dad and their child. It’s actually really sad they would be intent on teaching their child to behave this way. I also don’t understand what the gain is for them, as it’s not making them any friends.

The holes are huge, they bomb the grapple towers to destroy them, and they mess with the warp blocks when the leader is warping the group to a new location.

They brag about doing it in chat, making the intent to grief obvious.

4 Likes

This is what I’m talking about

You can’t ban bombs from meteor hunts! I don’t do group hunts but I do hunt solo quite regularly and use forged bombs all the time to create holes to trap mobs, or to do splash damage. It would be ludicrous to ban one of the few weapons we have from the only major source of fighting.

4 Likes

@Tarka I hear you.

Just would like a solution. I just threw that out there to see what can be done.

2 Likes

I agree this is bad. I didn’t say they weren’t abusing the bombs. I’ve def experienced hunts where they abuse the heck out of them. That is def trolling.

I was just saying some hunts use them for strategy so it would be sad if the ability to use them was removed.

A few ding-dongs messing things up for the rest of us. I got called childish names for turning in the regen bomb trollers. I don’t really care what they think. You mess things up for the rest of the gamers - you deserve consequences.

7 Likes

perhaps they can make it so that when around a meteor they can only go 4-5 blocks deep?

5 Likes

@majorvex :slight_smile: I hear you.

1 Like

Looks like a sink hole, or abundant bomb useage. I dont blame the tool, more so the griefers

1 Like

You said a family and their child and I instantly knew who you are talking about. I really thought they’d quit that bs by now. What’s worse is these people use their kid and pretend they have no control over thier actions and try to draw sympathy because it’s a kid. I’ve also seen them use that kid in a YouTube video to draw people on their side because of a land dispute. He’s been warned by the devs before, James showed up at a hunt a while back and told him to stop trolling. Since then he’s been using his kid to do it. Here’s another thing I’ve seen him do, first time I ever saw him was at a hunt and people were mad that someone was throwing regens, well it was more than likely that guy and in the chat he was really insistent that it was one of my friends doing it. Funny thing is that friend was in a chat with me and hadn’t even been on boundless. He was purposely trying to put blame on my friend so people would be mad at him.
I know for a fact this guy has a beef with jacey and is literally trying to ruin his hunts.

We don’t need people people like him in this game. He’s been warned before and I think at this point he should have a suspension of some kind and after that if he continues a total ban. We should all ban together and protect the community leaders that have worked hard to make the game a better place for all of us. In no specific order Jacey, majorvex, hash, gorillastomp, Orion, ginabean etc etc etc (just too many to name, sorry if I missed you ) have put so much time into helping us they deserve are upmost respect.

7 Likes

Yup they are still at it I was on the hunt and it’s ridiculous he wasn’t doing it to kill creatures at all. It’s bad enough with normal holes on planets but the fact that someone does it deliberate is worse.

Sorry people who love bombs who use them properly but wish that bombs near meteors could not be used for at least 1 or 2 blocks away due to problems like this.

3 Likes

Once a month it seems like now a forum post is made about this. If not more. I made plenty a few months or so ago. I get bomb use while hunting and why people do it. If this was the same person/guild doing it again I think they should be banned. James saw it first hand and been reported multiple times over and over again. I think a ban is in order if same people as last time

5 Likes

That’s just not reasonable though. Too many people hunt with bombs in an intended way and use otherwise. No one should be banned from using bombs because of a few bad apples. I could use this argument for a lot of game mechanics.

What should happen is those individuals should be temporary suspended from game access and if it continues then they should be banned and lose their accounts.

Banning the use of bombs for hunts though is just as bad as saying to remove malls and coops and portals because of footfall ‘abuse’.

This is what I’ve brought up before. And a few do it. Add a disclaimer to your hunt announcement. Whether you allow bombs or you do not so people know. That way if you see the hunt post you know if you can bomb hunt or not. It truly should be up to the hunt leader how they want their hunt to go.

3 Likes

Did anywhere on my post say “ban bombs” I’m sure it didn’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I said not use near meteors that’s all Just my opinion we all have one so keep calm and have a cookie :cookie:

3 Likes