Close to max Hammer Forging: So easy an oortian can do it

I need more hammers lol

Damn what do you do to get that durability and aoe?

Not sure if I missed it or not but how did you get the dmg boon. Video starts and you already have it

This is a decent method, but I think I prefer my way :slight_smile:

Also I disagree with your fundamental choice of damage/speed/aoe as the most effective boon combo. Its easy to get speed from stats (which only scale linearly) and from the fast brews if you really wanna haul

Durability increases your cost efficiency of the hammer by as much as a full 2x. Damage and Aoe I agree with whole heartedly however

3 Likes

Thank you @Merlin !

This has helped me loads. Im an average forger and i look forward to using your method on my gem tools. I tried it on a few Titanium hammers and it was 10x more effective than my method!! Before I would just throw gums and boons at a tool until my vigor or flexibility ran out and sometimes end up with a 3x3 aoe.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

I agree with this. There is two stat set ups that I consider to be good. Damage/dura/aoe and speed/dura/aoe. The first being for gem mining and higher, the second is only viable on lower planets or with a damage brew… while the first doesn’t need any brews at all but can optionally use them.

TL:DR: Damage/durability/aoe is best stats for hammers.

2 Likes

I’ve come to realize that the VERY best combination for mining in addition to maxed stats is a Diamond Hammer with Damage, Durability, and AOE + a Mega Fast Brew.

Essentially what you just said, but I’ve tested this and it’s ABSOLUTELY ridiculous for mining.

1 Like

This is wrong. Through math, trial and error, and research it has been proven that this is the end all hammer tool:

Emerald Hammer forged with Damage, Durability, AoE using persisting food and a mega fast brew. Insane speed, insane damage, high crit chance the difference between diamond and emerald and high durability.

Emerald has slightly less max damage compared to diamond, but makes up for it with a 20% base crit chance stats give more crit chance as well which makes it better then diamond.

edit: girlfriend wanted me to add in that there is less energy cost on emerald.

1 Like

That’s exactly the same, except Emerald Hammer instead of Diamond. I should have just said hammer since I don’t know all of the stats of different hammers. Thanks for the clarification.

my first attempt at 9 hammers wanted aoe dmg due but I’ll settle for this

Not a bad hammer. Should really make them out of emerald, so when you get critical effect on it it’s still useful.

1 Like

Have you released a video on how to Forge a hammer?wolfpack

Is there any way for me to target the damage boon. I made a secound batch before I went to sleep and got this

Effect - however If i’m being honest you’re taking a really big gamble on the effect paste without any solvent.

I always find its magnetic collector from special, or as I like to call it, the herpes of the forging world that messes up my hammers.

I’m using removal solvent 2 but doesn’t seem to do what it supposed to do unless I’m reading it wrong. Used it last night and it didn’t remove the boon itself just the boon points

I got mine from special gum

Yeah that’s what I mean, I put special on it to try and get AOE, and end up getting loot magnet, taking up a slot, and I once put 3-4 boon removal solvents on and it put it on again and again.

After using it 3-4 times you’ve lost so much vigor using them it’s not even worth trying.

EDIT: Reference your earlier comment above, it will only remove enough points as it can store, so if you put more then 1 full bar worth of points in it to try and remove it it wont work, you need to use it immediately after adding the boon you don’t want.

Its not that bad actually especially if you have all affect and either damage / Action speed… Though I perfer duability… and just use a brew for which ever i’m missing…

Those are my sell hammers haha