Close to max Hammer Forging: So easy an oortian can do it

Not everyone will agree with my methods, but hopefully some find this helpful. If you have any tips to my process please let me know. Sometimes I miscalculate as well.

If you don’t want to have the perfect stats of AOE/DMG/Speed, you can omit the first step in the video. I’m not a streamer, so please be kind. It would take way too long to explain in a forum post, so decided it would be less confusing to create a video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akfh64e-qR-yhhZFhSUtdGxVja7-

New updated more efficient forging method. I will update this with a max forging method later this week, but it is more resource intensive and this is still my preferred technique. Targeting lvl 9 dmg and lvl 6 speed. I recognize that a lot of people prefer durability rather than speed for preservation, but I just can’t pass up the speed.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akfh64e-qR-yhiPY2p__6eI_PfDe

24 Likes

You could also put the lightness and effect gum on your tool belt, instead of lightness/special. I’ve had more success with getting effect as the random stat. By waiting for the special to hit randomly as the first gum you have the advantage that you can use the effect/light gum to increase the chances of them hitting before the special hits lvl 4.

Could you share a screenshot of how the Hammer’s stats looked in the end?

2 Likes

Wow, thank you very much :slight_smile:

Huge thanks for this, just started to look into forging and this will be very helpfull

Thanks for the comments. Hope it helps all the new forgers out there.

Not my greatest hammer, but should be able to 2 shot T6 and has great speed
I believe this is the one crafted during this session.

2 Likes

Time to say good bye to ur method :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks so much merln, you’re the best! :smile: still got some grinding before i can make those 1000 point compounds and boon removal solvents

Haha I’m ok with that. Someday someone will repay the favor. I’m a fan of open source. 8). Also, I wouldn’t have even thought of bomb mining in beta had I not seen @Jiivita

1 Like

I am just kidding. XD
Yeah this is the best forge method so far.
Keep doing that man gj.

My business will get better and better when more player start the forge :slight_smile:

My dude. This was an incredible explanation. I hadn’t realized how powerful Vigour Catalyst 2 is. I have your old post bookmarked where you tried to explain the steps in just text. This was so clear though. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah I do a similar method but I usually get a lot more leniency from min maxing within the rotation

4 Likes

Seeing that box in the top left corner seriously pains me Bun! ffs make some timber and make it go away! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But tutorials pain me XD I did it once…

Edit: little did you know I just guessed how to play the game. I’m actually new too

3 Likes

I have no idea wtf is goin on as I have’t even attempted forging yet lol. Great video though, i’ll use this once I finally finish remodeling my workshop and get into forging.

1 Like

Oh please do share!? Do you use different ingredients?

2 Likes

Tried your technique… Well the first 3 were screw-ups.

The forth was finally decent :slight_smile:

20181005162241_1

1 Like

If you guys looking for Forge Ingredient.
I have a forge ingredient shop open on the Shadow Dragons Market :slight_smile:
You can find the portal on Grovidas Te hub

3 Likes

I gambled a bit with the AOE, but i got to round 34 or 33… and it will be good hammer to probe what’s inside T6 worlds i guess :slight_smile:

Anyway, great, great guide! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@wade44423 @Merln Hey, guys, what do you do with hammers that came out… less than perfect? :wink: